The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Time travel into the future (Past impossible?)  (Read 753 times)

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Time travel into the future (Past impossible?)
« on: 24/05/2016 18:35:07 »
If we want to travel into the future, all we need to do is just to go very, very fast. Our spaceship would have to be big enough to carry a huge amount of fuel, enough to accelerate it to nearly the speed of light. Getting to 99% of the speed of light could require six years at full power.

After this point, we will be travelling rapidly into the future. Each day on-board could be equivalent to a year on Earth. Let's say we continue for a year at this speed then turn the spacecraft around and head back to Earth.

We might need to slow down to make the turn which could take another two years (assuming a brake system [from near light-speed]).  Our trip might have taken eighteen years relative to us inside the spaceship, but upon arriving at Earth; we will could be 746 years in the future.

If we could put in an unimaginably colossal amount of energy into the job of accelerating our spaceship, to say 99.99999999999999999999991% c, outside in the universe a billion years could pass in day? scary stuff?

Do you think time travel into the past is possible?

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Box theory on Time travel into the future (Past impossible?)
« Reply #1 on: 24/05/2016 18:42:06 »
If we want to travel into the future, all we need to do is just to go very, very fast. Our spaceship would have to be big enough to carry a huge amount of fuel, enough to accelerate it to nearly the speed of light. Getting to 99% of the speed of light could require six years at full power.

False, we can travel into the ''future'' at any ''speed''.   Look ahead of you when you are walking, the distance ahead of you is in the ''future''  relative to your journey.

You can't ''de-evolve''

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

False, we can travel into the ''future'' at any ''speed''.   Look ahead of you when you are walking, the distance ahead of you is in the ''future''  relative to your journey.

You can't ''de-evolve''

It is "Not" false" everything I said in my post is true, so please think before saying someone is false

I obviously, to anyone reading my thread,    that I meant into the far future was that too had to comprehend?

I know for instance if you just walk toward another person,  who is stationary relative to you, time is moving slower for you than for the stationary person.    Time flows for instance slower on your head than it does for your feel , so hypothetically if you stood still for a trillion years or more, you would have very old feet and a much younger head.

This effect has been measured in scientific laboratories, confirming the truth of Albert Einstein theory of relativity

Even if you move at 1 miles or less, even a snail moving has an effect on time flow for the little very slow guy, because it increases his mass and time flows slower relative to him than when he was not moving and was stationary.

Time is not an absolute, it is relative and subjective!

Alan
« Last Edit: 25/05/2016 01:39:01 by Alan McDougall »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

You can't ''de-evolve''

It is "Not" false" everything I said in my post is true, so please think before saying someone is false

I obviously, to anyone reading my thread,    that I meant into the far future was that too had to comprehend?
I know for instance if you just walk toward another person,  who is stationary relative to you, time is moving slower for you than for the stationary person.    Time flows for instance slower on your head than it does for your feel , so hypothetically if you stood still for a trillion years or more, you would have very old feet and a much younger head.

This effect has been measured in scientific laboratories, confirming the truth of Albert Einstein theory of relativity

Even if you move at 1 miles or less, even a snail moving has an effect on time flow for the little very slow guy, because it increases his mass and time flows slower relative to him than when he was not moving and was stationary.

Alan

Clearly you have no idea of the difference between a theory and a fact, you are talking sci-fi and of falsities, ''time travel'' is make believe. Also you clearly do not know what ''time'' is.

''I obviously, to anyone reading my thread,    that I meant into the far future was that too had to comprehend?''

Well obviously to anybody you are discussing ''harry potter'', your far future is reached whether you are stationary or travelling a million light years, you can ''see'' your future destination before you get there, you clearly do not know about the universe and how things work.

Do you have any specific questions we can answer ?

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time travel into the future (Past impossible?)
« Reply #4 on: 27/05/2016 19:38:13 »

You can't ''de-evolve''

Alan

Clearly you have no idea of the difference between a theory and a fact, you are talking sci-fi and of falsities, ''time travel'' is make believe. Also you clearly do not know what ''time'' is.

''I obviously, to anyone reading my thread,    that I meant into the far future was that too had to comprehend?''

Well obviously to anybody you are discussing ''harry potter'', your far future is reached whether you are stationary or travelling a million light years, you can ''see'' your future destination before you get there, you clearly do not know about the universe and how things work.

Do you have any specific questions we can answer ?

Yes I will ask another question my unpleasant friend!

"I know we are always moving from the past into the future even if we are standing still! "

If we had the means and the energy to propel a spaceship at 9.999999999991% c. Left earth in say the year 2016, would it be possible to return to earth, approximately 5000 years later? (Not accurately calculated)

Thus, when we return to earth the person on earth would be convinced we had traveled somehow from our time period in the past, into his time period in the future.

Before leaving we could leave a time capsule,   to convince him that we were real people that existed in the distant past of his history. It is all about relativity and time dilation.

Please Mr. Expert! inform me what is false about that, nothing in my comments in this thread violated any fundamental laws of physics?
« Last Edit: 28/05/2016 15:18:28 by Alan McDougall »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: Time travel into the future (Past impossible?)
« Reply #4 on: 27/05/2016 19:38:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums