The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Telekinesis: Do you think that is TRUE?  (Read 756 times)

Offline Dan Odi Gutierrez

• First timers
    • View Profile
Telekinesis: Do you think that is TRUE?
« on: 28/05/2016 08:41:03 »
There are some videos that show how man can move a certain thing with out touching it. Do you thing telekinesis is true or it just a bluff?

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: Telekinesis: Do you think that is TRUE?
« Reply #1 on: 28/05/2016 08:56:39 »
No; this is a trick. There is no evidence, nor any plausible scientific explanation, for this phenomenon. Any claims that this exists are the preserve of Star Wars or other such fiction.

The following users thanked this post: Dan Odi Gutierrez

Offline Dan Odi Gutierrez

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28/05/2016 09:32:58 »
so it is just a trick.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline puppypower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28/05/2016 13:32:10 »
There is a concept called synchronicity or meaningful coincidence. It is similar to being at the right place at the right time, so two events, that may not be related, seem to become related.

For example, say you bought a new clothes, that you thought was styling and very unique. You show up at a party only to see someone else wearing the same thing. The way this synchronicity works is your ego-centric connection to your new clothes; pride, creates a heightened awareness of this style, in the forefront of your mind. This same outfit may have appeared around you before, but you were not conscious of this data. But once you get your ego involved, the outfit becomes higher in data awareness priority.  The synchronicity is less connected to an ESP connection, as to a keener awareness. 

I remember, as a child, I used to be able to find four leaf clovers with ease. People thought I was lucky and had ESP.  It was not so much ESP, but was connected to a keen sensory awareness, of what I was looking for. This awareness would create a sensory expectation, so four leaf clovers would stand out to me; eye would wander to the target. Those who had less sensory expectation, would think I had ESP powers, due to the luck association with the four leaf clover and how lucky I was to find so many; weird.

Telekinesis and experiments thereof, is often connected to sensory expectation; keen awareness of something and an unconscious  need to overlap expectations. Some people will be able to see the subtle. Not everyone will be able to see the four leaf clover in every clover patch, since this often involves the unconscious mind subliminally enhancing the expectation; shines a light.

All good scientists have this ability in their field. Sometimes it begins with a theory, such as proton decay. They fixate and anticipate what this may look like. They feel it is out there, and wish to document it. Such scientists will see very subtle changes that may elude anyone else. Others may not be that impressed, since they can't see the four leaf clover, for the proper synchronicity; lack the sensory expectation.

A trick tries to fool the eyes from outside, while sensory expectation, fools the eyes into targeting better, from the inside. A trick would have me placing four leaf clovers, in areas, where there are none can be found. Like magic I find them. Sensory expectation is where the unconscious mind uses your eyes to scan, lock and load and find what is not assumed to be there.

One can also learn to develop sensory exceptions in the mind's eye; imagination. This is where you learn to see subtle things connected to theory, in the clover fields of the imagination.

« Last Edit: 28/05/2016 13:36:16 by puppypower »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28/05/2016 13:37:54 »
Do brainwave-controlled drones count as telekinesis ? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0s3w-wqcI8

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28/05/2016 19:52:28 »
Wasn't he the guy who played Kojak in the 1970s?

The following users thanked this post: RD

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 28/05/2016 19:52:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums