The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is chronic Fatigue Syndrome treatable?  (Read 11687 times)

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
Re: Is chronic Fatigue Syndrome treatable?
« Reply #50 on: 20/06/2016 15:34:28 »
Why should he know it when there are almost zero cases of it in humans? It's just something that is so beyond rare and unlikely that I could totally understand why most in the profession wouldn't ever take it seriously.  Cause it doesn't seem to be something that is of risk to anybody, nor something that is almost ever, ever,to be a likely diagnosis. Cause again, from your own study you posted, it questioned its relevance in humans and had only one person ever believed to have actually had it.  Just one.  Out of 7 billion people. Probably not something most are gonna ever pay attention to.

You keep insisting the case-study I posted represents the entire species of mycoplasmas that have infected humans.... lol

Oh and before you depart, take a look at the big picture....

Do you even know what "the etiology of the symptoms in any of these cases can be traced to an underlying pathology" means????

This thread is merely one example of a person being diagnosed with "CFS" -- a disease with "no cure & no treatment".... when in actuality, every symptom he's experiencing is a direct result of an underlying pathology.

~
No, the symptoms he's experiencing are the result of being afflicted with the very real condition CFS.

Furthermore, I care not about the other mycoplasmas, since there was only ONE that I am debating with you against; which is the one YOU started this thread with diagnosing the patient with, namely a hemotrophic mycoplasma, which quite simply doesn't exist in humans frankly almost ever.  You actually took a diagnosis of a very common, very proven, with tons of evidence behind it to support it of CFS, and turned it into a diagnosis of something that doesn't even really exist in humans almost at all, and something that has practically zero written about it whatsoever.

So I reiterate... CFS is real, its symptoms are a direct cause of the condition itself, and if other things have been ruled out and his doctor is convinced that's what he suffers from, I would think it would be far more helpful to focus on that in attempting to help the OP as opposed to repeating the hurtful suggestion that the condition isn't real and then instead telling him he has something that in fact actually truly doesn't exist; or might as well not anyway.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20/06/2016 16:28:31 »
No, the symptoms he's experiencing are the result of being afflicted with the very real condition CFS.

rofl.... No that's simply not the case, and anyone with at least an elementary background in physiology or pharmacology will tell you the same. I've already posted the mechanism by which the bacteria compromise the immune system - that is an unequivocal scientific fact.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 20/06/2016 16:45:24 »
I care not about the other mycoplasmas, since there was only ONE that I am debating with you against; which is the one YOU started this thread with diagnosing the patient with, namely a hemotrophic mycoplasma, which quite simply doesn't exist in humans frankly almost ever.

rofl.... I didn't post that excerpt to suggest which [species] of mycoplasma he had. That was merely posted to demonstrate that mycoplasmas have been documented in humans -- just like the author's son  in this thread.

But be my guest, and continue to imply that his symptoms are from "CFS", and not from the bacteria. It should come true if you repeat yourself enough.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20/06/2016 17:55:55 »
CFS a very common, very proven, with tons of evidence behind it to support it

You know what's very commonly known by physicians about "CFS"????

There is no definite serology, histology, hematology or pathology defined for the disease -- which makes a diagnosis of "CFS" a convenient way for physicians to stop looking for the true etiology of the symptoms. This in turn means the physician doesn't have to address the myriad of symptoms because "there is no treatment or cure for CFS"

Again.... what a joke!

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 20/06/2016 18:12:11 »
CFS a very common, very proven, with tons of evidence behind it to support it

You know what's very commonly known by physicians about "CFS"????

There is no definite serology, histology, hematology or pathology defined for the disease. -- which makes a diagnosis of "CFS" a convenient way for physicians to stop looking for the true etiology of the symptoms.

The fact that you think the above means that CFS cannot possibly ever be a correct diagnosis is fascinating.  There are several conditions in which there are no definitive findings, but that does not mean such things don't exist.

And your statements as to what other people versed in the field would think are completely false.  Any reputable person in the field would accept the reality of CFS, because it has been PROVEN that CFS is quite real, and because those with intellect generally speaking will choose to not attempt to override FACT with their mere opinion.  Cause opinions can never override fact.

Fact: CFS is a real condition with real symptoms that are severely debilitating to the unfortunate person who suffers from it.  And much like you said, currently, there is no cure.  But tell me, how can that be?  If your claim is that this condition is not real, and everything can be traced back to some bacterial or otherwise origin, then tell me, why can they not be healed?  Why can they not be treated and cured based on that condition?  Know why the treatments don't work? Because that's not what they're suffering from.  They're suffering from CFS, and it has no cure.  There are things for some that help alleviate some of the symptoms, but there is no cure.  Because even though it has been PROVEN FACT that the condition is quite real and quite prevalent, they still only understand so much about it.

Furthermore, you specifically stated that you'd strongly argue the patient was suffering from a hemotrophic bacteria, yes, that's what you specified.  And it's something that has not been documented in humans pretty much at all.  That's why there's literally no information to be found online about it whatsoever.  That's why I've considered it to be beyond a far fetched conclusion.

And you want to keep mocking CFS as a diagnosis, though you have zero basis to do such.  You have no idea what tests have or haven't been performed nor why they arrived at that conclusion.  Yet you mock the diagnosis as if it's so far fetched when it isn't.  You keep wanting to infer that CFS itself is not a real condition, when the facts show that it is (again, not opinion, but facts).  But no matter how strong your opinion against cfs is (in general, not just with this patient), it will never be able to overcome the facts.  Because opinions can never have such power, they simply don't work that way. 

And unless you have a reason to question the doctors credentials or intentions, I'm not sure it makes sense to mock his findings with that much fervor.  There is no reason to believe the doctor isn't credible, that he didn't know what he was talking about, that he didn't already perform the necessary tests and have the necessary due diligence.  If he concluded that the bacteria and the complications from it caused the patient to now have chronic fatigue syndrome, and the symptoms all fit the diagnosis, then there's no reason to question the diagnosis.  In fact, the only reason you're questioning the diagnosis is because for some reason you wanna still convince yourself that CFS isn't real, even though for many years now it's been proven that it is, as fact, as indisputable fact.  You aren't questioning his diagnosis for any other reason other than your not wanting to learn the current facts, to accept them as fact.  But your disinterest in learning the facts of CFS don't make CFS suddenly no longer be factual.  It just means your opinion on it would simply be wrong; since it would be in contradiction with established fact.   And that's what this comes down to, doesn't it.  The fact that you're holding a wrong opinion about something that's been proven, and that the wrong opinion is causing you bias in forming further opinions.  You aren't questioning the doctor's credentials, you're not claiming he did or didn't run tests or that he interpreted them incorrectly, you're not picking apart where the doctor went to school, his qualifications, his integrity, or calling into question his ability.  Instead, you are attacking the diagnosis solely on the reason that you refuse to accept CFS as being factual, even though it's factual.  That's really all this is coming down to, no?
« Last Edit: 20/06/2016 18:18:59 by IAMREALITY »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 20/06/2016 22:22:34 »
Quote from: IAMREALITY
you specifically stated that you'd strongly argue the patient was suffering from a hemotrophic bacteria, yes, that's what you specified.

Indeed I believe he is.... and once again, the hemotrophic bacteria in question are likely mycoplasma -- and the mechanism by which they compromise the immune system is well-described in peer-reviewed literature.

Can you find access to any credible physiology & pharmacology textbooks?

If so.... read them.

Then read them again.

Thoroughly.

Then repeat.

« Last Edit: 23/06/2016 04:24:53 by exothermic »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20/06/2016 22:48:21 »
I care not about the other mycoplasmas, since there was only ONE that I am debating with you against; which is the one YOU started this thread with diagnosing the patient with, namely a hemotrophic mycoplasma, which quite simply doesn't exist in humans frankly almost ever.

It's blatantly obvious by your statement that you didn't even search to see what rickettsia are.... rofl

So hemotrophic bacteria don't exist in humans?

Ever hear of tick-borne rickettsial diseases?

Here.... educate yourself:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5504a1.htm

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/NnirJhor/rickettsia-38550510

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20/06/2016 23:09:18 »

It's blatantly obvious by your statement that you didn't even search to see what rickettsia are.... rofl

" only five hemotropic Mycoplasma spp. were described as causes of human infections: Mycoplasma haemofelis-like (6), M. suis-like (21), M. ovis (9), “Candidatus Mycoplasma haemohominis” (22), and “Candidatus Mycoplasma haematoparvum” (23) organisms"

Which one of these five is Rickettsia?

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 20/06/2016 23:27:50 »

And since I've already described the mechanism by which the hemotrophic bacteria compromise the immune system, I'm just gonna leave this here....

Nihon Rinsho. 2007 Jun;65(6):991-6.
[Viral infections in chronic fatigue syndrome].
[Article in Japanese]
Sairenji T1, Nagata K.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a heterogeneous illness in which patients can have different, overlapping signs and symptoms. No single underlying cause has been established for all CFS patients. Epidemiological studies reveal that a flu-like sickness precedes the onset in the majority of cases. The major hypothesis of the pathogenesis of CFS is that infectious agents such as viruses, may trigger and lead to chronic activation of the immune system with abnormal regulation of cytokine production. Many studies have been performed to identify the possible microbial triggers and to understand the epidemiological microbial agents. We have summarized the recent progressive literature of virus, rickettsia, and mycoplasma implicated in the pathogenesis of CFS. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17561687

You didn't answer the question posed to you.  Now I wonder... Why is that???

As far as what you just 'left here', I fail to see your point.  All that's stating is that many viruses and bacterium can be responsible for triggering CFS; which is a real and factual syndrome.  No one said these things don't cause it.  In fact, the patient in question appears to have had their CFS brought on by their Rickettsia.  But that doesn't change the fact that they now have CFS, which again, is a real syndrome as established by fact.

So not really sure of your point here at all.  But again, out of those five causes of human hemotropic mycoplasma, which one is Rickettsia?? 

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 21/06/2016 13:08:09 »
Which one of these five is Rickettsia?

That excerpt was about mycoplasmas, but it doesn't matter because they're both degenerate bacteria that the patient in question has been diagnosed with. That's not up for debate.

Whether the mycoplasma & rickettsia are hemotrophic or not, is a moot point because the net result on the immune system is the same.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 21/06/2016 13:28:36 »
the patient in question appears to have had their CFS brought on by their Rickettsia.

So take away the mycoplasma & rickettsia.... and what happens to the "CFS", since it can't be treated and has no cure?

Isn't it ironic how the physiological manifestations of mycoplasma & rickettsia infection can be treated.... but CFS can't?

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 21/06/2016 15:10:08 »
the patient in question appears to have had their CFS brought on by their Rickettsia.

So take away the mycoplasma & rickettsia.... and what happens to the "CFS", since it can't be treated and has no cure?

Isn't it ironic how the physiological manifestations of mycoplasma & rickettsia infection can be treated.... but CFS can't?

Nothing ironic about it at all, as they are completely different things.  And it goes against your very argument.  Cause if what you say they have can be treated, yet the patient doesn't get better, then it lends credibility to cfs instead of the originating disorder. Not just talking about this patient either.  But in general.  Many treatable conditions can bring rise to cfs. If cfs didn't exist, as you falsely claim, then it would be easy for the patients to recover. And one thing most cfs sufferers have in common, is that they've tried pretty much everything to get better, and nothing works.  If cfs didn't exist, if it was just the originating cause, then that wouldn't be the case.  It would be easier for them to get better. 

And lmao at you now saying "Oh who cares if it's hemotropic or not", your walking that back,when it's literally been what I've been debating you on since the beginning lol. Too damn funny!! But at least we can put that ridiculousness behind us lol.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 21/06/2016 15:54:00 »
Cause if what you say they have can be treated, yet the patient doesn't get better, then it lends credibility to cfs instead of the originating disorder.

No.... the reason the patient isn't getting better has absolutely nothing to do with CFS. He's not getting better because the physician hasn't used the correct treatment protocol for the mycoplasma/rickettsia infection.

Eradicate the infection.... no more "CFS".

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 21/06/2016 16:36:31 »
lmao at you now saying "Oh who cares if it's hemotropic or not", your walking that back,when it's literally been what I've been debating you on since the beginning lol. Too damn funny!! But at least we can put that ridiculousness behind us lol.

Yes it was merely speculation [do you want a prize now?] that the mycoplasma and/rickettsia in question were hemotrophic -- which is why I wanted to know his RBC/WBC values.... but hemotrophic or not.... the net effect of mycoplasma/rickettsia infection on the immune system is the same.

And who are you to say my assumption was ridiculous?

You act as though I was completely off-base.

So out of 17-confirmed strains of mycoplasmas in humans.... there's no way you know this particular species is [not] hemotrophic.

Nonetheless, it's irrelevant because the net effect on the immune system is the same.

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 21/06/2016 17:13:30 »
lmao at you now saying "Oh who cares if it's hemotropic or not", your walking that back,when it's literally been what I've been debating you on since the beginning lol. Too damn funny!! But at least we can put that ridiculousness behind us lol.

Yes it was merely speculation [do you want a prize now?] that the mycoplasma and/rickettsia in question were hemotrophic -- which is why I wanted to know his RBC/WBC values.... but hemotrophic or not.... the net effect of mycoplasma/rickettsia infection on the immune system is the same.

And who are you to say my assumption was ridiculous?

You act as though I was completely off-base.

So out of 17-confirmed strains of mycoplasmas in humans.... there's no way you know this particular species is [not] hemotrophic.

Nonetheless, it's irrelevant because the net effect on the immune system is the same.

There are only 5 that are hemotropic (not hemotrophic), and I posted them for you.  Furthermore, I considered the likelihood of that being what the patient suffered from to be ridiculous because it is rarer beyond rare (to where almost NOTHING is written on it) and there was zero reason to believe that's what the patient had (specifically a hemotropic cause).

And it's not irrelevant, because it's one of the biggest things we were arguing about.  You were claiming a hemotropic cause, I was saying such a diagnosis was ridiculous because of how rare it is in humans for that to be the case.  When you were presented with the facts and the lightbulb went off in your head that you may be wrong, you have now tried to dismiss it altogether.  But in the context of our debate, it was very much relevant.
« Last Edit: 21/06/2016 17:29:54 by IAMREALITY »

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 21/06/2016 17:25:40 »
Cause if what you say they have can be treated, yet the patient doesn't get better, then it lends credibility to cfs instead of the originating disorder.

No.... the reason the patient isn't getting better has absolutely nothing to do with CFS. He's not getting better because the physician hasn't used the correct treatment protocol for the mycoplasma/rickettsia infection.

Eradicate the infection.... no more "CFS".

The reason the patient isn't getting better has everything to do with CFS.  And you don't think the patient was treated for the mycoplasma and rickettsia infection?  You think the doctor hasn't done this, after treating the patient for years and giving the diagnosis of those infections to begin with?  For what possible reason can you find the doctor to be so incompetent, to have such little credibility?  That he could diagnose a patient with those infections and then treat that patient for years, but not actually be treating them for those infections?  Pretty sure that doctor would be pretty offended at your accusations.  And there's such little information to go by, as far as what the doctor has tried, that it's a ridiculous conclusion to leap to imo.  Instead, it makes FAR more sense that the doctor did exactly that; treated the patient for those infections; and tried to cure the patient for years already, but after many tests and many protocols, and seeing the patient still having marked and debilitating symptoms, has now concluded that the infections triggered CFS.  THAT is why the patient is not getting better.   

Fact is, you were wrong about the hemotropic origin, and you are also wrong about CFS not being real, and I say that with confidence because both things have now been established as fact.  Because it wasn't hemotropic in origin, and CFS is in fact real; supported now by medical evidence all of which could be found in a 2 second google search.   So if I was the patient and had my choice as to who place faith in, I'd choose the doctor that has treated me for years, correctly diagnosed the initial infections, likely treated me for them, has run the right tests, and given me no reason to not trust him; as opposed to a stranger on a message board that first tried to diagnose me with something that almost never is found in humans and had zero supporting evidence that would lend credibility towards that being a correct conclusion to jump to; as well as also denies a very real, common and debilitating condition that has mountains of evidence that now establishes its existence as fact, and that also likely happens to have all the symptoms that I've been suffering from.  I definitely know who's opinion I'd trust more.

Pretty sure that does it for me in this thread.  No further benefit will likely come from either of us.  We've both said our part and I'm not sure there's anything more that can be added.  Like I said; if I were the patient, I know for certain who between the doctor and you has shown more credibility and been the one I'd have more confidence putting faith in.  I think there's enough here now for the patient to draw their own conclusion, and I don't see anything that either of us will say in the future that will tip the scales one way or the other.  So goodbye to you.  Take care.  And my hope is some day you'll realize just how very real CFS is, and you'll be able to put your energy into trying to find ways to assist those who suffer from it or come up with treatment protocols that help to manage it.  That would be far more useful than denying its existence altogether.
« Last Edit: 21/06/2016 17:43:43 by IAMREALITY »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 22/06/2016 22:01:53 »
There are only 5 that are hemotropic

Incorrect. There are 6   * you're missing M. haemomuris *

and I posted them for you.

No actually I presented the peer-reviewed excerpts.... not you.

(not hemotrophic)

Incorrect. Didn't google tell you there's 3 alternate spellings [hemotrophic - haemotropic - hemotropic]????

I considered the likelihood of that being what the patient suffered from to be ridiculous because it is rarer beyond rare (to where almost NOTHING is written on it) and there was zero reason to believe that's what the patient had (specifically a hemotropic cause).

What's ridiculous is the fact that you don't even have an elementary background in physiology or pharmacology.... yet you imply there's no reason for me to assume it's a hemotrophic infection.... rofl

And it's not irrelevant, because it's one of the biggest things we were arguing about.  You were claiming a hemotropic cause, I was saying such a diagnosis was ridiculous because of how rare it is in humans for that to be the case.  When you were presented with the facts and the lightbulb went off in your head that you may be wrong, you have now tried to dismiss it altogether.

Are you serious? Oh lawd.... You have much to learn.

I said it doesn't matter if it's hemotrophic or not because the net effect on the immune system is the same..... That doesn't mean I've abandoned my stance in the discussion lol

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 22/06/2016 22:55:37 »

Fact is, you were wrong

It wasn't hemotropic in origin

Oh really? Was that determined in your basement just now, while you were typing.... or is there actual evidence for that comment?

The reason the patient isn't getting better has everything to do with CFS.  And you don't think the patient was treated for the mycoplasma and rickettsia infection?  You think the doctor hasn't done this, after treating the patient for years and giving the diagnosis of those infections to begin with?  For what possible reason can you find the doctor to be so incompetent, to have such little credibility?  That he could diagnose a patient with those infections and then treat that patient for years, but not actually be treating them for those infections?  Pretty sure that doctor would be pretty offended at your accusations.  And there's such little information to go by, as far as what the doctor has tried, that it's a ridiculous conclusion to leap to imo.  Instead, it makes FAR more sense that the doctor did exactly that; treated the patient for those infections; and tried to cure the patient for years already, but after many tests and many protocols, and seeing the patient still having marked and debilitating symptoms, has now concluded that the infections triggered CFS.  THAT is why the patient is not getting better.

Mycoplasma infections resolve within 14 to 21 days of conventional treatment genius. Hemotrophic mycoplasma infections in contrast tend to be chronic in nature and resistant to treatment  - taking upwards of 6-months or more to reside. The rickettsia co-infection would likely prolong this even further. I'd need more patient data and his treatment protocol to know if my assumption is correct though.

~
« Last Edit: 23/06/2016 03:05:18 by exothermic »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 22/06/2016 23:36:48 »
Can you please tell me more about these "hemotrophic bacteria"? I'm intrigued because, as a medical microbiologist, I've never come across such an entity.

Speaking of intrigued..... Why is it that you - as a medical microbiologist, have never heard of hemotrophic bacteria?

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23/06/2016 00:57:06 »
one thing most cfs sufferers have in common, is

Eliminate the underlying pathology.... buh bye "CFS"

excerpt from:
Infectious Diseases as the Underlying Cause of CFS
by Kent Holtorf, M.D.

Numerous studies have demonstrated a high incidence of chronic infections in chronic fatigue syndrome. These include viral infections of Epstein Barr (EBV), cytomegalovirus (CMV), human herpes virus-6, (HHV-6), and bacterial infections such as mycoplasma, chlamydia pneumonia (CP) and Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease).

A study published in Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica found that 52% of CFS patients had active mycoplamsa infection, 30.5% had active HHV-6 infection, and 7.5% had Chlamydia pneumonia infections vs. only 6%, 9% and 1% of controls, respectively.

Another study published in the Journal Immunology and Medical Microbiology also confirmed there is a high incidence of active mycoplasma infection among European CFS patients. It was revealed that 68% of these patients had an active mycoplasma infection as diagnosed with specialized polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23/06/2016 02:37:32 »
Keith Diplock asked the Naked Scientists:
Is chronic Fatigue Syndrome treatable?

Yes, the symptoms of mycoplasma and rickettsia infection are treatable.

Your physician needs to change the treatment protocol instead of blaming the symptoms on a fictitious disease with no cure.

I'd like to help, although there's not enough patient/treatment data to work with.

I guess it really doesn't matter since your either not reading this, or just not responding.

~

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23/06/2016 03:53:13 »
Pretty sure that doctor would be pretty offended at your accusations.

Do you think the doctor would be offended if I said he or she should give up their practice if they can't remediate a mycoplasma/rickettsia infection after 3-years?

Nonetheless, a diagnosis of "CFS" is definitely a convenient way to conceal incompetence as a physician.

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 23/06/2016 06:22:49 »
Keith Diplock asked the Naked Scientists:
Is chronic Fatigue Syndrome treatable?

Yes, the symptoms of mycoplasma and rickettsia infection are treatable.

Your physician needs to change the treatment protocol instead of blaming the symptoms on a fictitious disease with no cure.

I'd like to help, although there's not enough patient/treatment data to work with.

I guess it really doesn't matter since your either not reading this, or just not responding.

~
I would wager the patient would choose to not trust someone who claims their disease is fictitious when just a 2 second Google search proves that premise false. Anyone can learn in 10 seconds flat that it is established fact that cfs is real.  I'd love to see how you'd be able to overcome the mountains of evidence, facts, studies, absolute proof, of its existence.  It's fact that it's real. Fact. Or lemme guess, you're smarter than allllllllll those doctors and scientists and authors of studies that proved it, and you've done your own studies and have your own mountains of evidence that prove all the facts wrong right? We're supposed to believe you're that brilliant and capable and have put in the effort and done the studies that proved allllllllll of them wrong right? Or, are you just some dude sittin on his arm chair who did none of that, who has no evidence to the contrary, has done no studies nor has any credibility whatsoever in claiming it false in spite of mountains of facts available at anyone's fingertips based on real studies, from real scientists, doctors, and methods, that show it to be indisputable fact.... Hmmm, I wonder which end of the equation it is lol. I'll leave it to the patient to arrive at their own conclusion...

Fictitious disease lmao.  Oh, that's rich!

I encourage anyone who doesn't know to do that 2 second Google search.  I invite you to do it and see the mountains of facts proving it and the plethora of studies that have been done. Facts matter. Always. The facts state indisputably that cfs is real.  End of discussion.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23/06/2016 12:23:09 »
I would wager the patient would choose to not trust someone who claims their disease is fictitious when just a 2 second Google search proves that premise false. Anyone can learn in 10 seconds flat that it is established fact that cfs is real.  I'd love to see how you'd be able to overcome the mountains of evidence, facts, studies, absolute proof, of its existence.  It's fact that it's real. Fact. Or lemme guess, you're smarter than allllllllll those doctors and scientists and authors of studies that proved it, and you've done your own studies and have your own mountains of evidence that prove all the facts wrong right? We're supposed to believe you're that brilliant and capable and have put in the effort and done the studies that proved allllllllll of them wrong right? Or, are you just some dude sittin on his arm chair who did none of that, who has no evidence to the contrary, has done no studies nor has any credibility whatsoever in claiming it false in spite of mountains of facts available at anyone's fingertips based on real studies, from real scientists, doctors, and methods, that show it to be indisputable fact.... Hmmm, I wonder which end of the equation it is lol. I'll leave it to the patient to arrive at their own conclusion...

Fictitious disease lmao.  Oh, that's rich!

I encourage anyone who doesn't know to do that 2 second Google search.  I invite you to do it and see the mountains of facts proving it and the plethora of studies that have been done. Facts matter. Always. The facts state indisputably that cfs is real.  End of discussion.

If "CFS" was an actual disease, then a definite serology, histology, hematology or pathology would be defined for the disease. There isn't.

Once the underlying pathology in any "CFS" patient is remediated.... there is no "CFS" to speak of.

However, I digress.... trying to have a scientific discussion with a Google warrior who has no concept of physiology or pharmacology is simply nonsensical.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 23/06/2016 12:32:09 »
End of discussion.

Wow.....you must be important.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #74 on: 23/06/2016 12:32:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length