The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is it like to experience manic depression (the brilliant madness)?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Removed by me alan
« Last Edit: 11/06/2016 17:16:44 by Alan McDougall »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
A great many remarkable people have suffered from manic depression and it is sometimes called The Brilliant Madness

What other term can the medical profession use for this?

I was just referencing bipolar disorder the other day -- apparently it's not real....

Bipolar disorder is a fabrication of the pharmaceutical industry; It is another fake disease like cannabis-induced psychosis.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A great many remarkable people have suffered from manic depression and it is sometimes called The Brilliant Madness

What other term can the medical profession use for this?

I was just referencing bipolar disorder the other day -- apparently it's not real....

Bipolar disorder is a fabrication of the pharmaceutical industry; It is another fake disease like cannabis-induced psychosis.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0

What a load of garbage I have never smoked anything , you must be a Scientologist!!

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
Quote from: Alan McDougall
I have never smoked anything , you must be a Scientologist!!

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I have never smoked anything , you must be a Scientologist!!

Get a life actually try and read what I wrote instead of this nonsense?

Online tkadm30

• View Profile
    • IsotopeSoftware
My mistake was going to see the wrong psychiatrist, who put me of these tranquilizers, which messed up my psyche.

I'm a firm believer that all "mental disorders" are creations of the mind. Psychiatry will label someone with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia in order to prescribe drugs which creates a chemical imbalance. You don't have to be a victim to be a genius or a creative person. Modern psychiatry is obscene and disgusting.     
« Last Edit: 11/06/2016 12:08:33 by tkadm30 »

Offline eeyore

• View Profile
Anyone familiar with the grim reality of bipolar disorder (aka Manic Depression) for the patient and the family upon reading the superficial and flippant humor in this thread could not be blamed for thinking this is a rerun of the Benny Hill show.

As I know from bitter experience with my own family.

The person to consult about bipolar disorder is a bona fide MD ...before it is too late.

Seeking medical information here is what the DSM terms  "barking mad".

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Anyone familiar with the grim reality of bipolar disorder (aka Manic Depression) for the patient and the family upon reading the superficial and flippant humor in this thread could not be blamed for thinking this is a rerun of the Benny Hill show.

As I know from bitter experience with my own family.

The person to consult about bipolar disorder is a bona fide MD ...before it is too late.

Seeking medical information here is what the DSM terms  "barking mad".

I was not seeking medical help here, just trying to get over the awful suffering this dread disease caused in my life for over 30 years. With the exception of yourself all I received from the others were inane stupid remarks! (Thanks!)

Thus; I deleted the content of my thread and left it to the ignorant to blather on until the cows come home.

thanks

Alan
« Last Edit: 12/06/2016 01:06:56 by Alan McDougall »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
With the exception of yourself all I received from the others were inane stupid remarks!

Go back to the link I posted....and actually read the thread prior to telling forum members [WHO KNOW THAT BIPOLAR DISORDER IS VERY REAL] to "get a life".

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
I'm a firm believer that all "mental disorders" are creations of the mind. Psychiatry will label someone with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia in order to prescribe drugs which creates a chemical imbalance.

No.... the psychological/biological symptoms have already manifested themselves at the point of diagnosis.

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
I suppose you also believe in a flat earth , that it is also to the contrarily, hollow on the inside, overrun by little green dwarf people, that 911 was cooked up by the CIA, that the moon landing was a Hollywood fraudulent production and that the tooth fairy is almighty god.

Please seek medical attention.
« Last Edit: 12/06/2016 04:53:39 by exothermic »

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
I suppose you have never taken a headache pill because the pharmaceuticals are out to get you? Or that your relative with end stage cancer is the helpless victim of pharmaceutical depraved corrupt thieves, who made him/her sick, just to extract the last buck or two out of his dying hands, by the sale to him of a useless drug?

That would be the anti-pharmaceutical forum member tkadm30, not me. I was actually in agreement with you however, I digress.... your ignorance speaks volumes. Goodbye.

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I suppose you have never taken a headache pill because the pharmaceuticals are out to get you? Or that your relative with end stage cancer is the helpless victim of pharmaceutical depraved corrupt thieves, who made him/her sick, just to extract the last buck or two out of his dying hands, by the sale to him of a useless drug?

That would be the anti-pharmaceutical forum member tkadm30, not me. I was actually in agreement with you however, I digress.... your ignorance speaks volumes. Goodbye.

I do not expect you to forgive me, however "I say sorry" and will place my comments where they belong.

Alan

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
My mistake was going to see the wrong psychiatrist, who put me of these tranquilizers, which messed up my psyche.

I'm a firm believer that all "mental disorders" are creations of the mind. Psychiatry will label someone with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia in order to prescribe drugs which creates a chemical imbalance. You don't have to be a victim to be a genius or a creative person. Modern psychiatry is obscene and disgusting.     

Your remarks remain convoluted inane intrinsic stupidity of the first order. I suppose you also believe in a flat earth , that it is also to the contrarily, hollow on the inside, overrun by little green dwarf people, that 911 was cooked up by the CIA, that the moon landing was a Hollywood fraudulent production and that the tooth fairy is almighty god.

Shout at those other hypocrites like yourself, I am not interested in your garbage "AND YES GET A LIFE!" "

Alan

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I suppose you also believe in a flat earth , that it is also to the contrarily, hollow on the inside, overrun by little green dwarf people, that 911 was cooked up by the CIA, that the moon landing was a Hollywood fraudulent production and that the tooth fairy is almighty god.

Please seek medical attention.

Why i am well and have been for the past 17 years without even one episode of mania?

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
I do not expect you to forgive me, however "I say sorry" and will place my comments where they belong.

No problem Alan. All is well. Everybody makes mistakes.

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

No problem Alan. All is well. Everybody makes mistakes.

Thank you so much? It was he Tom Cruise video that set me off on the wrong path with you. I now see the true humor of it, as a Scientologist Tom believes all psychiatric illnesses are delusional, yet if anyone displayed real mania it was him in that video and maybe he was in desperate need of a mood stabilizer?

What really gets me with these people is the hypocrisy of them, in that it is OK to take a pain killer or drink alcohol, which mess with the brain in a worse way than most psychiatric medications and have no medicinal qualities, other than create a false sense of being, be it pain free or supposedly happy from drunkenness.

Without modern medication we might become extinct as a species? 

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
Thank you so much? It was he Tom Cruise video that set me off on the wrong path with you. I now see the true humor of it, as a Scientologist Tom believes all psychiatric illnesses are delusional, yet if anyone displayed real mania it was him in that video and maybe he was in desperate need of a mood stabilizer?

In all fairness.... I should have realized you thought I was the original poster of that comment - based on your Scientology response, but I make plenty of mistakes myself lol.

What really gets me with these people is the hypocrisy of them, in that it is OK to take a pain killer or drink alcohol, which mess with the brain in a worse way than most psychiatric medications and have no medicinal qualities, other than create a false sense of being, be it pain free or supposedly happy from drunkenness.

Yeah I think some people get a little carried away with the "pharmaceutical industry is the devil" nonsense. In contrast however, I can understand both sides of the argument, as there is a blatant overabundance of nonsensical "disorders" that could be effectively treated via nonconventional/nonpharmaceutical methods.

"Binge-eating  disorder".... rofl

~

Offline exothermic

• View Profile
Without modern medication we might become extinct as a species?

Well we never encroached extinction prior to its induction didn't we?

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums