The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What happens to the passage of time close to a black hole?  (Read 5009 times)

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
Re: What happens to the passage of time close to a black hole?
« Reply #75 on: 23/06/2016 21:16:26 »
I do care that questioners posting here get accurate answers based on firmly established physics.

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 23/06/2016 21:20:44 »
Read through some of Evan's posts. That is the gold standard. Then compare with John's. Do you ever see Evan writing "Refer to the Einstein digital papers." or does he simply give an excellent answer for its own sake?

Offline timey

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #77 on: 23/06/2016 22:02:32 »
Firmly established physics is based on Einstein's papers...  In that I am looking at how and why the maths are put together the way they are, and questioning the physicality of what an elevated clock is measuring, referring back to what Einstein said is highly relevant.

Anyone would be hard pushed to match the calibre of Evans posts, in particular the way he retains a completely unbiased attitude to the subject matter, and correctly distinguishes between where experimental evidence ends and theory begins.
I'd love for Evan to interject with a response to the question of what an elevated atomic clock is measuring: the time dilation of the elevated location, or the time dilation of the clocks mechanism's own self when elevated at that location?

However, just because John's input may not be of Evan's calibre, does not discount him from joining in a discussion.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #77 on: 23/06/2016 22:02:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums