The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is the info in my solar power graphic wrong?  (Read 459 times)

Offline edutainer

• First timers
    • View Profile
Is the info in my solar power graphic wrong?
« on: 23/06/2016 18:54:39 »
Hi, Jake here. I did research and design for some educational graphics on solar power, but as I'm not a physicist I'm pretty sure there are errors. It's VERY important to me not to spread bad info as my work does tend to get a lot of traffic. Any help catching errors in my research or illustrations would be awesome, and I'll update the project with your feedback.

Here's the project, please don't share outside of this forum: animagraffs.com/preview/solar-cell/

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
Re: Is the info in my solar power graphic wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 23/06/2016 20:06:45 »
Hi, Jake here. I did research and design for some educational graphics on solar power, but as I'm not a physicist I'm pretty sure there are errors. It's VERY important to me not to spread bad info as my work does tend to get a lot of traffic. Any help catching errors in my research or illustrations would be awesome, and I'll update the project with your feedback.

Here's the project, please don't share outside of this forum: animagraffs.com/preview/solar-cell/

Was the graphic something you truly couldn't just share here?  Forgive me if I'm a bit wary of clicking on a link from an absolute stranger on his first post lol.

On Edit:  Ok ok, so I took the risk and clicked on it.  I can confirm for others here that it is in fact a detailed solar cell graphic.

I'll say that from what I saw it was very thorough and a great job!  I didn't see any glaring errors but I also don't have the experience enough on the topic to know for sure.  But I did find it to be a good presentation!  Only thing I'd note is that it did seem to bog my browser down big time (and kick my fan into overdrive), so I couldn't scroll with the grace I would've liked to...
« Last Edit: 23/06/2016 20:10:25 by IAMREALITY »

Offline edutainer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/06/2016 01:04:59 »
Thanks for looking at the project, IAMREALITY! And for taking a risk on a link posted by a newcomer. I'm very familiar with forums and spam is always a concern.

I am brand new to the forum but I've found there's simply no better way to have my work reviewed than to visit places where experts hang out on a particular subject. I try to be respectful as possible when visiting other people's online "hangouts", and am very appreciate of all help I receive.

As to your reply regarding my project

Thanks for your compliments. It does take a minute for each illustration to load, but once loaded, the page should scroll fairly smoothly.

I wonder if there are other physicists, engineers, or scientists in general that can give input if I got anything wrong, or if my wording is unclear in places, etc? I'm quite obsessed with accuracy :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 24/06/2016 01:04:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums