The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How does darkness enter my eyes so I can ''see'' it?  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Staring at the bedroom window at night in an illuminated room I can ''see'' a distance between my eyes and window that is illuminated and not dark but rather ''gin-clear''.

Outside of my window I can ''see'' darkness, the darkness does not reflect light or emit light but I ''see'' the image of darkness in my brain that is a distance away from me, so how does darkness enter my eyes so I can ''see'' the darkness?

The Darkton Particle?

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: How does darkness enter my eyes so I can ''see'' it?
« Reply #1 on: 29/06/2016 13:50:01 »
No one can see darkness, what a stupid thread and a stupid question from an empty mind? I am amazed this this nonsense is allowed by the moderators.

You clearly do not understand the question, I am quite sure the mods and other members will understand quite ''clearly'', you are completely wrong of course, of course you ''see'' darkness or else you would not see the darkness behind the window or  shadows at a distance.

You will not influence the moderators with your posts, they can already see that you are here to try and attack people on a personal level.

Empty mind indeed, everyone else calls that an open mind .

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2016 15:48:19 »
No one can see darkness, what a stupid thread and a stupid question from an empty mind? I am amazed this this nonsense is allowed by the moderators.

You clearly do not understand the question, I am quite sure the mods and other members will understand quite ''clearly'', you are completely wrong of course, of course you ''see'' darkness or else you would not see the darkness behind the window or  shadows at a distance.

You will not influence the moderators with your posts, they can already see that you are here to try and attack people on a personal level.

Darkness is the absence of light it is the absence of reality, it is is a negation a non-thing. When you were looking at the black imagine you posed, "Tell me exactly what you were seeing pleeaase??"

Yes you do have an open mind, maybe the most open- minded person ever on the forum, but my advice to you," is to try avoid to opening it to the extent that it falls completely out of your head"

My logic does not ever fall out of my head , I start with an open mind , a blank canvas, then build up a ''picture'' of information looking at both perspectives of objective and subjective thus leading me to logical conclusions . I then have a mind ''erasure'' that allows me to start over with a blank canvas when I obtain more information to edit my built picture of information.

Darkness is the absence of light but only in one of many ambiguity meanings.  In the dark is detected CMBR which is detected as ''light''.  Also there is infra-red and all sorts of ''light'' that we can not ''see'' because they are of the invisible spectrum.

Darkness is a very general term and not specific.

When I look at the window at night I am exactly perceiving the same thing you perceive and you perceive outside it is dark and the inside is light. A very distinguishable mental picture difference in our sight cortex.

We are not seeing photons travelling from the darkness to our eyes, but the space between the window and eyes is perceived to be light. If the space between your eyes and window was dark then you would not see the window thus showing dark is not just the absence of light but an entity that lies under the light.

We can clearly see it is dark in its exact location outside of the window. The space outside the window being relatively ''opaque'' compared to the ''gin-clear'' space inside the room.

« Last Edit: 29/06/2016 15:53:32 by Thebox »

Offline Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29/06/2016 16:05:05 »
The image he posted seems to be just like an ordinary example, the right answers can easily be used on astronomical observation, not that we are not already observing, but would be very helpful understand why our eyes, telescopes and cameras can indeed capture black...
Expand your answer to beyond the sample picture the man post...
  In the other hand I don't approve the approach you used to answer, but I can't Denny that you can be correct..

But one interesting question, I do believe it will not end up with absence of light, but absence of photons, light is resultant of the interaction of photons traveling trough space fabric, so in terms of astronomical observation, the dark we see doesn't truly need to be black, maybe this dark of yours is simple invisible, the problem is our eyes, is not that they are catching the dark out there, it's more likely that in the absence of light they can't catch the invisible...

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29/06/2016 16:12:58 »
The image he posted seems to be just like an ordinary example, the right answers can easily be used on astronomical observation, not that we are not already observing, but would be very helpful understand why our eyes, telescopes and cameras can indeed capture black...
Expand your answer to beyond the sample picture the man post...
  In the other hand I don't approve the approach you used to answer, but I can't Denny that you can be correct..

But one interesting question, I do believe it will not end up with absence of light, but absence of photons, light is resultant of the interaction of photons traveling trough space fabric, so in terms of astronomical observation, the dark we see doesn't truly need to be black, maybe this dark of yours is simple invisible, the problem is our eyes, is not that they are catching the dark out there, it's more likely that in the absence of light they can't catch the invisible...

I have already extended this topic in the past , I have reduced it down to an easy level to understand rather than explicitly talking about my ''box'' singularity.

There is not an absence of photons between my eyes and window, the darkness is distinguishable in its exact location, like looking at an object.

It shows an absence of Photons in that distinguishable area which is provable to be a distance away giving doubt to the integrity of how sight works.

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29/06/2016 16:24:35 »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29/06/2016 18:04:03 »

Darkness is the absence of light it is the absence of reality, it is is a negation a non-thing. When you were looking at the black imagine you posed, "Tell me exactly what you were seeing pleeaase??"

Yes you do have an open mind, maybe the most open- minded person ever on the forum, but my advice to you," is to try avoid to opening it to the extent that it falls completely out of your head"

My logic does not ever fall out of my head , I start with an open mind , a blank canvas, then build up a ''picture'' of information looking at both perspectives of objective and subjective thus leading me to logical conclusions . I then have a mind ''erasure'' that allows me to start over with a blank canvas when I obtain more information to edit my built picture of information.

Darkness is the absence of light but only in one of many ambiguity meanings.  In the dark is detected CMBR which is detected as ''light''.  Also there is infra-red and all sorts of ''light'' that we can not ''see'' because they are of the invisible spectrum.

Darkness is a very general term and not specific.

When I look at the window at night I am exactly perceiving the same thing you perceive and you perceive outside it is dark and the inside is light. A very distinguishable mental picture difference in our sight cortex.

We are not seeing photons travelling from the darkness to our eyes, but the space between the window and eyes is perceived to be light. If the space between your eyes and window was dark then you would not see the window thus showing dark is not just the absence of light but an entity that lies under the light.

We can clearly see it is dark in its exact location outside of the window. The space outside the window being relatively ''opaque'' compared to the ''gin-clear'' space inside the room.

Indeed you have said it yourself, your mind is a 'Blank Canvas" as you have proved over and over again and it is true, from nothing only nothing can be expected.

"It is easier to try to reason with a lamp post than you?"

Your logic is not of this world maybe, those who exist in some alternate dimension of reality could unravel with great effort what you are trying to convey, but with my limited mind you are way out there far beyond he comprehension of any rational human being.

Oh! Gosh I see black light!

Keep up the bad work!

If this rudimentary observation confuses you why not just ask what you do not understand ?

MY logic is no more than basic thinking, it is of my consciousness, 

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30/06/2016 09:58:21 »
I take it , people are failing to understand this ?

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30/06/2016 10:20:07 »
Close your eyes. Lots of dark. So it doesn't come from outside.

Indeed your mind in particular seems able to generate darkness and confusion in almost every direction.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30/06/2016 10:30:25 »
Close your eyes. Lots of dark. So it doesn't come from outside.

Indeed your mind in particular seems able to generate darkness and confusion in almost every direction.

Closing your eyes is the similarity to breaking a circuit. The dark you ''see'' when you close your eyes is the loss of information that sight gives us.  The dark I ''see'' behind the window is not a loss of information, my eyes are wide open and I can ''see'' all the information of my room and also the information that it is dark in the exact location I am ''seeing'' it to be dark. There is clearly a defining distance that separates my eyes and the point where I ''see'' the dark, this distance is ''gin-clear'' and ''light'' compared to the dark space I observe at a spooky distance.
The darkness is quite ''clearly'' provable to be a distance away and outside unless you can explain how darkness enters my eyes so I can see it?

Offline Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30/06/2016 17:32:43 »
is not what your eyes are catching is about what they can't, is not that we're seeng dark out there, the case4 is, your eyes have no awnser for catching the invisible, our eyes can't catch the invisible spectrum so they rest the imagine where the spectrum is invisible, and keep working the area that still be iradiated with light...

One's eye is not seeing dark, one is not being able to see the invisible, so the eye rest... This is different to watch black color, and its similar of close your eyes, is not a enviroment color, is a inactivate state of the eye..
 When one's looking to the night sky, its not black hes seeing, is invisible that he's not able to see...

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30/06/2016 19:02:57 »
is not what your eyes are catching is about what they can't, is not that we're seeng dark out there, the case4 is, your eyes have no awnser for catching the invisible, our eyes can't catch the invisible spectrum so they rest the imagine where the spectrum is invisible, and keep working the area that still be iradiated with light...

One's eye is not seeing dark, one is not being able to see the invisible, so the eye rest... This is different to watch black color, and its similar of close your eyes, is not a enviroment color, is a inactivate state of the eye..
 When one's looking to the night sky, its not black hes seeing, is invisible that he's not able to see...

The ''light'' that is ''illuminating'' the space is ''invisible'', what I mean by this is that the light between your eyes and window has no spectral content and we perceive this space to be ''gin-clear'' in visual appearance.   The darkness I ''see''  in it's exact location is not ''invisible''but rather ''opaque'' in visual appearance.
When one looks to the night sky they are not ''seeing'' invisible , they are seeing ''gin-clear'', the darkness of the window is different to that of looking into the night sky where ambient light is present.

I can take a tape measure from my eye to my window to measure a distance , I can clearly measure an amount of ''lit'' space and distinguish where dark space starts and the ''lit'' space ends.

I conclude I am ''seeing'' the darkness in it's exact location and external of my brain proven by the exact location .

Offline Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30/06/2016 21:35:02 »
Its just like watch water, deep water, the strange effect is because our eyes fail to see the spectrum, and even if you remove the spectrum your eye capabilitie continue the same, but they still can notice the depth...

Online chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30/06/2016 21:38:26 »
Our eyes see the dark the same way that our ears hear silence.

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira, pzkpfw

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30/06/2016 22:00:54 »
I like that, very true.

But we can also hear the darkness. In fact I had a CD of their's on tonight ;)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30/06/2016 23:17:49 »

Yes in the darkness there is certainly a lack of visible light/photons, however all the science available and none of it explains why we see the dark in an independent location away from ourselves such as the observation of the window.

How can the visual darkness and eye be divided by light in the illuminated distance  if dark   does not exist as an entity?

It can't , I see the darkness in its exact location, you seem to be ignoring the objective thinking about the  geometrical positioning of the darkness relative to me.

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30/06/2016 23:29:37 »
I have drew the information and thought.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30/06/2016 23:36:44 »

The Darkton Particle?
Your peculiar logic never ceases to amaze.............................LOL

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30/06/2016 23:41:24 »

The Darkton Particle?
Your peculiar logic never ceases to amaze.............................LOL

Lol the Darkton was rather sarcastic, if science can have a Photon reflecting off a distance object and entering your eyes to allow you to see that object, then surely I can have a particle that is emitted by the dark passing through the light into your eyes to reveal darkness.

However I would rather stick by my Quanta whole and the ''gin-clear'' thing and connectivity which I think is more viable, however I also have a picture in my head of the inside and outside is dark really, and all that we see is things that ''glow in the dark'' giving a sense of light .

Offline Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30/06/2016 23:46:36 »
There is the invisible spectrum when observing sky at night, and there is shadows, different things, there is invisible and there is shadow, a shadow is not limited to outside a glass, it also happens at the atomic level, meaning that show effect happens even inside dense atomic structure, not only outside of it, at least when we talking at something like glass, the atomic structure of the glass will cause shadows even if its a transparent substance, very different from a invisible one... The precense of any sort of atomic structure will disrupt the field where you're observing, event the oxigen around you will...
  Watch the invisible with your eyes will seems to be dark, watch the same invisible from inside a room, trought a window, will only disrupt the spectrum, causing shadows, and shadow is indeed black as any black picture, or tree leaves during day, seems that your experiment is refering and measuring the length of the shadows of the room over the invisible...
 Not sure anymore if your experiment is refering to shadows or to invisible, our eyes would interpreted both as almost the same dark thing, but one is colour other is invisible, and of course there is also the shadow around your own eyes, to be able to see the spectrum your eyes should be able to adapt, probably your eyes would have to be black, the sciera, to compensate for the shadows generated from the atomic structure of your own eye...
 Want to test the windows shadow effect, close your eyes, look straig to a withe light bulb, wait a few secunds, pass your fingers opened in front of your own closed eyes, and you will be able to see the shadow of your own hand passing in front of your closed eyes...
 Put the light bulb otside the window, close your eyes, close and open the window without open your eyes, if the light is strong outside you will be able to noticed the shadow, if the light is weak, as during night, you wont be able to noticed but it will be there anyway...

And I agree with you about silence, a very good one, but it's a hole different question...

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01/07/2016 00:05:33 »
There is the invisible spectrum when observing sky at night, and there is shadows, different things, there is invisible and there is shadow, a shadow is not limited to outside a glass, it also happens at the atomic level, meaning that show effect happens even inside dense atomic structure, not only outside of it, at least when we talking at something like glass, the atomic structure of the glass will cause shadows even if its a transparent substance, very different from a invisible one... The precense of any sort of atomic structure will disrupt the field where you're observing, event the oxigen around you will...
  Watch the invisible with your eyes will seems to be dark, watch the same invisible from inside a room, trought a window, will only disrupt the spectrum, causing shadows, and shadow is indeed black as any black picture, or tree leaves during day, seems that your experiment is refering and measuring the length of the shadows of the room over the invisible...
 Not sure anymore if your experiment is refering to shadows or to invisible, our eyes would interpreted both as almost the same dark thing, but one is colour other is invisible, and of course there is also the shadow around your own eyes, to be able to see the spectrum your eyes should be able to adapt, probably your eyes would have to be black, the sciera, to compensate for the shadows generated from the atomic structure of your own eye...
 Want to test the windows shadow effect, close your eyes, look straig to a withe light bulb, wait a few secunds, pass your fingers opened in front of your own closed eyes, and you will be able to see the shadow of your own hand passing in front of your closed eyes...
 Put the light bulb otside the window, close your eyes, close and open the window without open your eyes, if the light is strong outside you will be able to noticed the shadow, if the light is weak, as during night, you wont be able to noticed but it will be there anyway...

And I agree with you about silence, a very good one, but it's a hole different question...

The visible spectrum is colour, I am not sure you or anybody will understand this,

In the daytime the ''gin-clear'' of light  visual  you perceive between your eye and object in the space is dark and not light.

However dark is not dark either, if you are in a pitch black cave the space you perceive to be dark between your eye and cave wall is also ''gin-clear'' and see through.

You only see objects that are not gin clear that are illuminated.

Scrap dark and light, change to invisible space and the Illuminati of matter.  We see things that are illuminated in invisible space.

« Last Edit: 01/07/2016 00:13:39 by Thebox »

Offline Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01/07/2016 01:06:49 »
The visible spectrum is colour, I am not sure you or anybody will understand this,

I'm trying to, I also share with you the concept of blank state of mind, and also the way you described you can clear your mind, I also like to wonder in that same line, rarely I need to do a physical experiment cause I trained myself to do it using my thoughts, this helps to expurge almost all emotions and with this the positive and negative thoughts over my observations are put aside the whole mental experiment, for me someone that mastered this blank mind practice would always be correct, and one would only be incorrect because of lack of information that wasn't available, so I do share the possibilities of the abstract darken particle concept, as long as the answer is not revealed, I don't agree, but most important I fell nothing for both concepts... I can see the reason why you see visible spectrum is color, I think if is not the shadows, in the pitch black cave there would be no shadows cause there is no light, and you're correct...
  I think than that the thing, the particles that are entering your eyes so you're able to see, is wherever forms the space fabric, dark energy in my concepts, but give it the name that suit you the most, photons travel trough space fabric, your eyes work capturing the light, for this the muscle of an ocular globe do not have a very dense atomic structure, not one that "gravity", and by that I mean gravity A, at the quantum level, compression of space fabric is able to pass trough the interior of your eyes, is acceptable once that the photon does, and the atomic structure of your eyes is less dense that one of a wall that it can't, not the photons but the fabric it is traveling trough...

So I accept that the "Dark particle" could be the invisible particle of wherever form the space fabric, assuming that the photon reached your eyes traveling trough space, these also is explained as why our eyes hurt when looking to a strong light but our skin does not, so its hard to put in words but I thing that I comprehend your point of view, and get to the conclusion that your question cannot be answered yet, but its not incorrect, and probable is correct...
  The way darkness penetrates your eye "compression"
 compression of what?
 Space fabric from outside in being compressed against the atomic structure of your eye, as it is doing with any other matter out there.
 The darken particle could be represented, by wherever gin-clear particle or substance that forms this fabric.
 Why does it seems to be black, its black because of the absence of photons moving around, but this absence of photons wouldn't change the fact that space fabric is still penetrating your eyes, and it is transparent, in the absence of exited photons, and once again..
 Our eyes can't see the invisible, the color is resultant from the existed photons over a space fabric that is transparent to light, no light no color, but this is not dark or black indeed, its invisible... Space fabric in the absence of exited photons, does not produce light, even if light is a effect of this fabric, there is no existed particles, the fabric inside a pitch black cave would be completely invisible, so you're not being able to see trough space fabric, but your eyes would be working anyway, simple that your can't see the walls around you cause there is no light around you and your eyes can't see, although you're not blind, the gin-clear hasn't changed...

So sorry, in answering to your specific question, yes there is a particle or something entering your eyes so you can see, all the time, even if your eyes are closed...
 I simple still think that is not "dark", the substance is invisible, and there is nothing like it, not even glass nor clean water can be compared to it, there are things that will block the light from entering your eyes, as put a black glass, this will cause "shadow" because of the dense atomic structure, but the absence of light at night would not be the same thing, your eye would not be able to see the space fabric around you, it's invisible, but the particles that are caring the "absence of light" to inside your eyes, is the same that are caring the light, so with 100%, there is something invisible entering your eyes so you can see, if you want to call wherever forms the fabric of space as the "darken particle", than you wouldn't be wrong at all...

and this explanation is a little bit confused cause, share a concept that one does not agree it's very hard, feels unreal, but than again, the act of trying to is much more acceptable than simple deny it's possibilities, simple cause is better try to be wrong than accept the premise that one is absolutly correct when the decision was made based on a prtial knoledge...
« Last Edit: 01/07/2016 01:25:08 by Alex Siqueira »

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01/07/2016 02:48:44 »
blank state of mind
This description says it all regarding the subject of this thread.

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01/07/2016 03:51:05 »
Darkton, spin -2, repulsive. Yes it's ugly.

Offline Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01/07/2016 07:25:18 »
This description says it all regarding the subject of this thread.

Yes I agree with you, but in reference to the question itself, the answers is yes, it can't be answered simple because no one knows for sure what forms space... You can explain many things, but you can't even explain everything that is entering now only trough your eyes, but trough your own body, how expect to answer his question whiteout accepting this lack of knowledge?

The shortest answer someone can provide is "We don't know", since it's not good enough, one needs to try and by doing this be wrong, the collectively will eventually step on the correct answer...
  Ignore the questions or use emotions to explain it, those are all products of negative feelings created by the mind to protect itself against hostility from other people, a reality that at the moment before you answered didn't existed yet, and now that one didn't answered, never will...
  I'm not proud of his question as I'm not proud of my own answer, not answering the question with your own answer means that one didn't know neither and the worst part?
  The user who posted it seems that trough his practice was the only one to be able to notice the possibilities, pretty sure he knew what was coming for himself when he did and he seems to have asked it anyway...

The point is, he's considering to be wrong, he just want an answer from any of the others that would confirm it for himself, not one seems to truly understand his question, and the ones who does don't know how to try or admit that they don't know for sure, doing so they deny the whole experiment he described... This won't help, one's not asking for the correct answers, one's asking for what you thing and why so one can check for himself...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 01/07/2016 07:25:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums