The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do you think the Shroud of Turin is a fake or real  (Read 660 times)

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Do you think the Shroud of Turin is a fake or real?

The Shroud of Turin or Turin Shroud , a length of linen cloth bearing the image of a man, which is believed by some Christians to be the burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth.

Whatever it is it is amazing!

What do you think?

Alan

Offline Pseudoscience-is-malarkey

• View Profile
Re: Do you think the Shroud of Turin is a fake or real
« Reply #1 on: 04/07/2016 04:47:35 »
Fake. It is now clear that the shroud was never wrapped around the dead body of Iesus Nazarenus, or any man from that era. Three groups of scientists performed radiocarbon 14 dating on the shroud and all concluded that it's origin lies between 1230 and 1360 A.D. They said it is not possible that the cloth came from the 1st century, because the difference between 13th/14th century and 1st century in regards to carbon dating is immense. It is unmistakable. Plus, the first known appearance of the shroud was in 14th century France.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/07/2016 07:22:49 »
Fake. It is now clear that the shroud was never wrapped around the dead body of Iesus Nazarenus, or any man from that era ...

It was never wrapped around anyone.
If the image was transferred to a cloth wrapped around head, the facial features would be distorted when the cloth was flattened, similar to this type of slit-scan portrait  ...

http://yargb.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/slit-scan-portraits.html

The shroud does appear to be an early photographic-negative ...

« Last Edit: 04/07/2016 07:55:22 by RD »

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/07/2016 16:28:07 »
Totally fake of course.  Nothing about it seems real.

Not to mention even if one was to suspend all scientific knowledge and all scientific process and all logic and reasoning and choose to attribute the markings to some resurrection, it still would make zero sense as to why such an event would cause such markings to begin with. 

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18/07/2016 13:29:00 »
Totally fake of course.  Nothing about it seems real.

Not to mention even if one was to suspend all scientific knowledge and all scientific process and all logic and reasoning and choose to attribute the markings to some resurrection, it still would make zero sense as to why such an event would cause such markings to begin with.
  The present shroud is not the original one for sure. However the story is interesting. In addition the rock was moved. And what happened to the body of Jesus?
   For my multi-light-speed universe, higher light speed energy focused upon the body of Jesus would vaporize his body. this will cause an image of Jesus on the shroud and produce gasses which will build up in the burial chamber to move the rock. The process is not heavy with heat so the body could be destroyed without the cloth being damaged.
  Thus for me with multi-light-speed physics such things are possible. And then a higher light speed entity could appear before the disciples and control their minds to make them believe it was Jesus. Thus Christianity could have been started by higher man from a higher world in order to bring man upward in humanity.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18/07/2016 15:20:28 »
Whoever put the rock there, was perfectly capable of taking it away again.

Whatever happened to the "guard" they set on the tomb? Various modern translations differ as to whether the tomb was already open when the two Marys visited it. Mark, the earliest gospel, definitely says that it had been rolled away, but later writers seem to have embellished it with an earthquake and an angel or two.

The idea of a beam of non-photons that could vaporise a body without damaging a piece of cloth that was woven some 1300 years later, is interesting. Please tell us more. 

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18/07/2016 23:20:48 »

Whatever happened to the "guard" they set on the tomb? Various modern translations differ as to whether the tomb was already open when the two Marys visited it. Mark, the earliest gospel, definitely says that it had been rolled away, but later writers seem to have embellished it with an earthquake and an angel or two.

The idea of a beam of non-photons that could vaporise a body without damaging a piece of cloth that was woven some 1300 years later, is interesting. Please tell us more.
GG: That certainly is a possibility.
Whatever happened to the "guard" they set on the tomb?
GG: Unlikely that he stayed there. However from my own experiences with higher intelligent entities, they can control the minds of man.
 Various modern translations differ as to whether the tomb was already open when the two Marys visited it. Mark, the earliest gospel, definitely says that it had been rolled away, but later writers seem to have embellished it with an earthquake and an angel or two.
GG: Angels would merely be higher entities. The earthquake could be an effort to explain the interactions with a spaceship.
The idea of a beam of non-photons that could vaporize a body without damaging a piece of cloth that was woven some 1300 years later, is interesting. Please tell us more.
GG: I have a problem of what I have encountered since childhood. Was it God? Was it entities from higher worlds? Was it data put into my inner mind in early childhood that comes to me in sleep dreams or awake dreams?  Why me? Is it pure insanity? So I study all the possibilities. Sometimes I look at things from a religious type viewpoint. Sometimes an atheistic viewpoint. Sometimes I wonder why I remember speaking to the Captain of a spaceship when I was a child. And why was I told I was going to another Earth after I die. So I am happy to declare that I hallucinated since early childhood. This used to bother me greatly but at 77 years I only have a few more years to wonder if my encounters in childhood and in 1981 were true or false.
   The atheist within me loves the single light speed solution. The multi-light-speed solution has coexisting universes of higher and higher light speeds. We cannot readily travel to another Earth but a spaceship of 10,000C can pass through our Earth and travel our universe readily. Now the question is whether Jesus was a cosmic reincarnate? Did he come from a higher world? I am not a Christian but the religious part of me thinks so. So he came upon the earth and entered his mother and was reborn physically. He lived and died and the spaceship came. The ultra-high light speed photons rip apart his physical body. He was physically destroyed. This left an impression without burning the shroud.
   As I see it, higher light speed energy can override lower light speed energy. Thus the destruction of his light speed C body was easy to accomplish. And then he was free to return to the spaceship.
   From my own experiences with an entity that came through my basement wall in 1981, I could put my hand through his body without any effect on him. But he could grab me.
  Is this true? It is just experiences I have had to live with all my life. The entity said that I could not die. I am not happy about that. This is very upsetting to me but there is nothing that I can do. I have a long trip to go and another job to do. And I do not know why me because I do not consider myself to have done a very good job.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18/07/2016 23:46:25 »
You have ignored the key scientific fact: the cloth is only about 800 years old. Bloody science, ruins everything.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19/07/2016 12:10:43 »
You have ignored the key scientific fact: the cloth is only about 800 years old. Bloody science, ruins everything.
I did not ignor it. I said that it was not the original cloth.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19/07/2016 14:50:46 »
In that case, whatever it is is a fake, by definition, or an irrelevant original. Either way, it isn't a sound basis for developing a theory of anything other than human gullibility. 

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19/07/2016 16:24:38 »
In that case, whatever it is is a fake, by definition, or an irrelevant original. Either way, it isn't a sound basis for developing a theory of anything other than human gullibility.
I did not develop a theory about the shroud. It is just an example in my books of the interaction of higher light speed energy and our light speed C energy. And to me it points out the possibility that Jesus was a cosmic reincnarnate.

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19/07/2016 19:37:03 »
I did not develop a theory about the shroud. It is just an example in my books of the interaction of higher light speed energy and our light speed C energy. And to me it points out the possibility that Jesus was a cosmic reincnarnate.
Jesus was but a man.. as any other man.. except he had delusions of grandeur and the intellect and ego to totally play his society at the time as total friggin fools, played a part, the suckers bought it, and thousands of years later billions of suckers still buy it, making him one of the greatest liars of all history.  But a man nonetheless, same as anyone else, and he's now not even a rotting corpse any longer, but instead a pile of bones.  A nothing.  A nobody.  That's a fact.  No, god did not send his son here to die for your sins, no, there is not some magic fairy realm, no, jesus did not 'ascend up to heaven', which technically would've been him flying off the planet sideways, no, he did not rise from the dead blah blah blah.  I mean seriously, you're on a science forum, so you've gotta have some knowledge of science.  So c'mon, be objective.  Step out of your brainwashing.  Objectively look at the situation and realize how ludicrously insane it is to believe.  How you'd have to literally suspend belief in all you've ever learned about physics and science.  What has science ever, friggin ever shown you, that would lead you to believe any of it all could be true whatsoever?  What have you ever learned about the way the universe works that would lend credibility to our souls flying to heaven when we die, of anybody being able to rise from the dead after 3 days, of any body flying off to heaven (though it would've been sideways), or any of the magic fairy man in the sky bull that so many believe?  Gimme a break.  Use your head.  Religion is a farce for those too ignorant to see reality.  Admit it to yourself.  You'll feel better, and liberated.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19/07/2016 22:45:45 »
Jesus was but a man.. as any other man.. except he had delusions of grandeur and the intellect and ego to totally play his society at the time as total friggin fools, played a part, the suckers bought it, and thousands of years later billions of suckers still buy it, making him one of the greatest liars of all history.  But a man nonetheless, same as anyone else, and he's now not even a rotting corpse any longer, but instead a pile of bones.  A nothing.  A nobody.  That's a fact.  No, god did not send his son here to die for your sins, no, there is not some magic fairy realm, no, jesus did not 'ascend up to heaven', which technically would've been him flying off the planet sideways, no, he did not rise from the dead blah blah blah.  I mean seriously, you're on a science forum, so you've gotta have some knowledge of science.  So c'mon, be objective.  Step out of your brainwashing.  Objectively look at the situation and realize how ludicrously insane it is to believe.  How you'd have to literally suspend belief in all you've ever learned about physics and science.  What has science ever, friggin ever shown you, that would lead you to believe any of it all could be true whatsoever?  What have you ever learned about the way the universe works that would lend credibility to our souls flying to heaven when we die, of anybody being able to rise from the dead after 3 days, of any body flying off to heaven (though it would've been sideways), or any of the magic fairy man in the sky bull that so many believe?  Gimme a break.  Use your head.  Religion is a farce for those too ignorant to see reality.  Admit it to yourself.  You'll feel better, and liberated.
What you say is a definite possibility. I study God and the Universe from a single light speed perspective to a multi light speed perspective. I believe that the universe has a mind. My God is the mind within space and time. The religions of man are particular perspectives which are the subjective opinion of the various prophets of God. There are many possibilities for sure. In general each religion has a little understanding of God. To me Jesus is a prophet and their have been millions. Einstein is another kind of prophet, a scientific prophet. Science and religion enable us to consider a wide range of possibilities. Can we reincarnate to other Earths? That is possible. You have a particular opinion which basically states that the universe is only what you can see and measure. thus science alone defines the universe. I do not believe such things. Thus religion as imperfect as it is attempts to grasp what lies beyond science. so my work involves looking at the basic physics of the fundamental structure of the universe which produces the quarks, protons, electrons, etc. Many scientists today are looking beyond the standard model. And that is what I study. To me God is scientific.So if the virgin Mary concept is correct, it needs an explanation. I am not a Christian but all the religions of man attempt to reach and understand my God. I do not worship my God but I study my God. And I have many different solutions that I study. In general I do not believe in the Bible and Gospel stories but I do believe that this Earth has a collective intelligence within the gravitational field. So in general my God is the collective spirit of man. And my God of this Earth has evolved as man evolved.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12 on: 19/07/2016 22:45:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length