The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Error messasge when posting  (Read 269 times)

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Error messasge when posting
« on: 25/07/2016 14:01:15 »
I'd like to know if this happens for anybody else other than me.

Every single time that I post a message, the first time I click Submit I get the following message
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
Part of it is in red. And this happens regardless of whether there was someone who posted while I was writing or whether there was a real error. I know that because all I have to do is click Submit again, without making any changes, it posts fine. Why is it doing that? Does it do it for you too? Is this a problem that's a result of the forum software being updated and will eventually be fixed?

Offline timey

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Error messasge when posting
« Reply #1 on: 25/07/2016 14:22:07 »
I'd like to know if this happens for anybody else other than me.

Every single time that I post a message, the first time I click Submit I get the following message
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
Part of it is in red. And this happens regardless of whether there was someone who posted while I was writing or whether there was a real error. I know that because all I have to do is click Submit again, without making any changes, it posts fine. Why is it doing that? Does it do it for you too? Is this a problem that's a result of the forum software being updated and will eventually be fixed?
I am finding it hard to post at all these days Pete.  No quick reply, no quote selected, the only way I can make a post is to quote the whole of the post I'm replying to and the site is slow.  This is the reason I haven't replied to private messages.

Thanks for your pm Pete, but actually at moment I only have the use of a phone not a computer, and indeed most of the time have no electricity supply and rely on the car for charging purposes.  Thanks for the offer of the texts though and maybe if I ever recover my former life I can contact you then.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26/07/2016 06:07:00 »
Quote from: timey
Thanks for your pm Pete, but actually at moment I only have the use of a phone not a computer, and indeed most of the time have no electricity supply and rely on the car for charging purposes.  Thanks for the offer of the texts though and maybe if I ever recover my former life I can contact you then.
You're welcome my dear. I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I too am no stranger the had times myself.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 26/07/2016 06:07:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums