The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How many dimensions are there?  (Read 387 times)

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
How many dimensions are there?
« on: 06/08/2016 22:31:11 »
How many dimensions are there?
   The topic in astronomy specifies 10 dimensions for quantum theory. Spring theory has about 12 or 13 dimensions. How many dimensions exist for our light speed C universe? If we move up the light speed spectrum we can have thousands of dimensions leading toward light speed infinity.
   For our light speed C universe we have three spatial dimensions. People like to add one time dimension but I envision three time dimensions. There is time past and time present and time future. Thus the universe we live in is a space time sandwich of three universes separated by less than a nanosecond in time. The universe of the past split second was erased and became the universe of this split second. The past became the present and the present is becoming the future. The past no longer exists. We cannot go back in time to the past because it has been erased. All we would find is a blurred image of yesterday which rapidly turns into chaos.
   So we have six dimensions of distance and time. Now we have to go into the electrical dimensions. There is the positive dimension and a positive return dimension. Then there is a negative dimension and a negative return dimension.  This brings us up to ten dimensions. Then we have a common ground plane which ties the returns of the plus and minus dimensions.
   The positive and negative dimensions are separated within the universe. When we compress the universe the positive and negative potentials increase and when we expand the universe these potentials decrease. Since they are in separate dimensions they cannot destroy each other. Thus we get electrical potentials similar to parallel plate capacitors which move closer and future away but where no actual current flows between them.

Offline trevorjohnson32

• View Profile
Re: How many dimensions are there?
« Reply #1 on: 07/08/2016 07:03:09 »
hey Jerry, I was thinking about this too. My thoughts on calling time a 4th dimension is its an invention of clocks. Time is dependent on the speed of light as proven by the stop watch experiment aboard the space craft that was one minute slow. Time keeps a position in space as it travels from point a to point b. It still is a something at specific coordinates in space, it just moves really fast. Just my thoughts.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/08/2016 12:32:23 »
hey Jerry, I was thinking about this too. My thoughts on calling time a 4th dimension is its an invention of clocks. Time is dependent on the speed of light as proven by the stop watch experiment aboard the space craft that was one minute slow. Time keeps a position in space as it travels from point a to point b. It still is a something at specific coordinates in space, it just moves really fast. Just my thoughts.
  I am not familiar with that experiment. could you describe it in a few words? When I go to a light speed near infinity frame of reference, time is the same all over the entire universe. Thus a reaction here has effects all over the universe simultaneously. Yet or protons, electrons, and photons all are dependent upon the speed of light C. So we get measured effects involving electrons and photons which follow Einstein's orbital equations (root mean square).
  One problem is how can the universe hold together? That is why I believe there is three universes. The past, the present, and the future. these are dynamic. If you do not like time as such, there  are three X dimensions, three Y dimensions, and three Z dimensions. that would make nine dimensions tied by the speed of light C.
  Then we have the problem of the electrical dimensions. There is the photonic world of balanced plus minus energies. then there is the positive world and the negative world. These worlds coexist but are independent. However the electrical world is tied to the photonic world by a common ground world. There would be four electrical dimensions and the common ground world could be part of the photonic dimensions. We would end up with 13 dimensions.
   Thus the universe is a sandwich of coexisting dimensions which are really part of the photonic fields and the electromagnetic fields. In my opinion space is nothing. We cannot say that space has properties. It is the fields themselves which make up the dimensions.

Offline trevorjohnson32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/08/2016 03:56:39 »
The basic concept is as you approach the speed of light time slows down, until you reach the speed of light and anything you looked back on would be frozen. If you went faster then the speed of light then when you looked back at the objects you're traveling away from, you would watch them moving in reverse.
Time in this definition may be the receiving and interpretation of light by a lens. But the curious thing is how does the mechanism keeping time in the clock on the space ship, be it quartz or a pendulum, know to slow down as the ship moves faster or slower?

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/08/2016 14:50:31 »
The basic concept is as you approach the speed of light time slows down, until you reach the speed of light and anything you looked back on would be frozen. If you went faster then the speed of light then when you looked back at the objects you're traveling away from, you would watch them moving in reverse.
Time in this definition may be the receiving and interpretation of light by a lens. But the curious thing is how does the mechanism keeping time in the clock on the space ship, be it quartz or a pendulum, know to slow down as the ship moves faster or slower?
   If you have a physical clock moving internally from point A to point B with a velocity V, the internal operation will get toward point B slower because point B has moved. When the mechanism goes back toward point A, it will get there faster. The geometric mean of the times would be Einsteins formula.  If the clock was moving near the speed of light C, the mechanism would take a huge amount of time to reach point B while only a split second to return to point A. Again the root means square time would be Einsteins formula.

Offline trevorjohnson32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/08/2016 02:40:03 »

[/quote]
   If you have a physical clock moving internally from point A to point B with a velocity V, the internal operation will get toward point B slower because point B has moved. When the mechanism goes back toward point A, it will get there faster. The geometric mean of the times would be Einsteins formula.  If the clock was moving near the speed of light C, the mechanism would take a huge amount of time to reach point B while only a split second to return to point A. Again the root means square time would be Einsteins formula.

[/quote]
uh, could you explain that again, it kind of slips past me.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 10/08/2016 02:40:03 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums