The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Just broke wind, light a match.  (Read 3919 times)

paul.fr

Just broke wind, light a match.
« on: 10/03/2007 17:41:16 »
I have heard it said that lighting a match will remove the unpleasent odour of someone just breaking wind! Is this true?

I suspect it could just be the smell of sulpher that consumes your sense of smell. Or do you know better?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10/03/2007 17:44:52 »
LOL...I just cannot even say what came to my mind it was too silly! LOL!

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/03/2007 10:47:51 »
I have heard it said that lighting a match will remove the unpleasent odour of someone just breaking wind! Is this true?

I suspect it could just be the smell of sulpher that consumes your sense of smell. Or do you know better?
Exactly where and when do you light it? (Those "wind" is flammable).;)

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #3 on: 11/03/2007 17:04:08 »
I sure if someone was to ask Neil he would be prepared to partake in an experiment for you.:)

paul.fr

« Reply #4 on: 11/03/2007 17:05:38 »
I sure if someone was to ask Neil he would be prepared to partake in an experiment for you.:)

Strangely enough, i had neil in mind when i posted the topic!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/03/2007 20:18:10 »
LOL ....I actually abstained from answering so that perhaps,  for once,  some real science will shed some ' light' here.

Well, as a firm believer in empirical study I have in fact ignited a 'bottom burp' before !...and it did clear the olfactory aroma de la joy !

But I think Paul is referring to lighting a match after the deed has been done !

I think it would help to reduce the nasal attack of said ' bowel bang-bang '.....it's gotta be worth a try except we have no matches........we do have a lighter but I then wonder if my waving a lighter about after one of the fam has farted will be seen as a request for an encore !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11/03/2007 21:04:19 »
I Think we were all on the same wave link WHEN OUR THOUGHTS TURNED TO OUR ESTEEMED FRIEND AND ASSOCIATE!! (NEIL) LOL!!  Well done Kind Sir!  Did you experience some quality flamage then????
Yes,I bet the matches would cover the aroma quite nicely except one might think you were trying to torch them with your lighter!!!! Best to use a match and extreme caution when approaching the women in the family during their cycles else you be liable to have a knot raised upon your head!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 11/03/2007 21:04:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums