The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: excess nasal mucus during excersise  (Read 2584 times)

paul.fr

excess nasal mucus during excersise
« on: 12/03/2007 05:26:41 »
Why do we produce excess nasal mucus during excersise? or is it just me?..................hope not.....

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12/03/2007 14:38:36 »
Why do we produce excess nasal mucus during excersise? or is it just me?..................hope not.....

Hi Paul - No, it's not just you.  Good question, this is extremely annoying.  I notice it more during cardio workouts.  I paid particular attention to it this morning and noticed that when I could keep my breathing under control my nose didn't run.

paul.fr

« Reply #2 on: 12/03/2007 21:00:43 »

Hi Paul - No, it's not just you.  Good question, this is extremely annoying.  I notice it more during cardio workouts.  I paid particular attention to it this morning and noticed that when I could keep my breathing under control my nose didn't run.

that's a relief. I notice it most when i am cycling hard, when i am running i hardly notice it. I did not know it was due to breathing, i know getting a stitch is down to poor breathing but never occured to me that the mucus was down to breathing.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 12/03/2007 21:00:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums