The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: are my theories possible?  (Read 284 times)

Offline dutchiexx

• View Profile
are my theories possible?
« on: 03/09/2016 22:54:14 »
sup guys, i have a few questions about the nature of matter.

firstly, i would like to know if all matter is energy at its core, if so, then what exactly is energy?
when i try to imagine what energy is, i see it as a plasma like substance thats not solid and very fluid.

i have heard from many sources claim that all matter has a specific resonance frequency, is this true? is there any science evidence that can back up this claim? if so, what makes matter/energy vibrate? what exactly is a vibration in the first place? what does a vibration consist of? is a vibration simply a movement of space or a transfer of energy from one point of space into another?
when i imagine a vibration, i see it as a wave of some sorts, its hard to explain, its like the vibration is wave of force that physically warps and moves the very fabric of space.

is it possible manipulate a objects frequency in any way?
is there a way that we can even find an objects frequency?
these notions have gave me a cool idea, in my theory, if all matter vibrates at a specific frequency, then would it be reasonable to believe that if one can manipulate an objects frequency, then could one possibly alter the very structure and nature of the object? for instance, (as a example only) take a piece of wood, then manipulate the resonance frequency of the wood to match that of gold, would the wood transform into gold? another example, take a coil that has a current flowing through it, this means the coils frequency should be slightly different from that of a coil that has no current running through it, thus, if you can manipulate a coils frequency to that of what it would be if a current passing through it, then would a current be directly manifested from the manipulation and its frequency?

another cool idea/ theory, as we all know, our human senses are very limited in what we can see and hear.
our eyes are only able to perceive a very small spectrum of light frequencies, and our ears can only hear a very small spectrum of sound frequencies, with this being said, could one achieve in making a object invisible by manipulating its frequency to a point where we can no longer detect the light thats being bounced off the object?or is it possible to control the frequency of the light that is being reflected off the object?i mean, the only way we can see anything is by perceiving the light that is reflecting off the object and into our eyes right?so can we just change the lights frequency to something that is beyond our human eyes range of perception?

another interesting idea, would it be possible to change a sound wave into a light wave?
this is pretty strait forward and simple, if we take a sound wave, and raise its frequency roughly a trillion times over ( not sure of the exact numbers, but that does not matter, its the idea itself that is important) so if we raise this sound wave to such a high frequency that it matches the frequency of a light wave, would we began to perceive this sound wave as light instead of a sound?

well, since we got this far, we might as take this a little further
could we raise an objects frequency to a point where it longer exist in this dimension?
my reason behind is this stupid, but is still cool idea either way
so, take water for instance, when it gets cold enough, it freezes, but what is the cause of "cold" ? " cold" is when the atoms that make up an object become restricted or slowed and are not allowed to move freely right? and "heat" is the act of speeding up the atoms that make up the object right?
so, when the vibrating matter of water slow down or become restricted, water becomes ice, thus, becomes solid, and when you heat the ice, the atoms begin to vibrate faster or more freely, thus, the ice becomes more fluid and less dense, it becomes water.if we continue to heat up the water, the atoms begins to vibrate even faster, thus, the water becomes even more less dense and turns into steam.
using this pattern, if we could somehow keep raising an objects frequency, would its density continue to become thinner  until it reaches a point where it can longer be detected? would it simply become so less dense that it passes through what we perceive as solid matter?

thats about all guys

btw, if you answer this, please explain the logic behind your answer and give the source of your info if you can
try to keep it simple though, i dont handle big words very well

if you want to bash my ideas, feel free to do so, just be sure to fully explain yourself in a logical and civil fashion

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: are my theories possible?
« Reply #1 on: 04/09/2016 04:57:21 »
sup guys, i have a few questions about the nature of matter.

firstly, i would like to know if all matter is energy at its core, if so, then what exactly is energy?
when i try to imagine what energy is, i see it as a plasma like substance thats not solid and very fluid.

At its core?  matter has energy throughout

What exactly is energy?  energy is potential to do work

''when i try to imagine what energy is, i see it as a plasma like substance thats not solid and very fluid.''

Energy is like a ''ghost'' , it is invisible mostly to the human eye, but when the ''ghosts'' merge in the same position, they gain strength in numbers.

Hope this helps!

Offline dutchiexx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/09/2016 12:19:35 »
well at least your tried lol

the way you discribed energy makes me even more confused lol.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/09/2016 12:38:19 »
well at least your tried lol

the way you discribed energy makes me even more confused lol.

Energy is a term we use to describe ''things'' that can do work.  Work is the displacement of matter (motion).

''i see it as a plasma like substance thats not solid and very fluid.''

Imagine a single Photon ''ghost'', the single photon ghost is energy but individually it is ''weak''.

Now imagine 1000's of ghosts merge at a single ''point'' to form a ''stronger'' ghost.

So when you consider plasma like , consider plasma is lots of ghosts in single ''points''.

It is easy to imagine it this way when considering ghosts passing through things and permeability.

The greater the permeability, the greater resistance force to the ghosts passing through.

The ghosts are ''bottle necked'',

« Last Edit: 04/09/2016 13:02:43 by Thebox »

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/09/2016 22:49:21 »
You really shouldn't think of energy as a thing or a substance. It's just a way of measuring various properties which can be related to each other. For example, a moving object has kinetic energy when it hits something that movement can be converted to different forms eg sound and heat, and deforming the object it hits. The conversion is a physical process, there isn't a magical substance that gets transferred, neither is there such a thing as pure energy. You might want to read this http://www.newenglandphysics.org/physics_world/cm/what_is_energy.htm

Vibration is, as you say, physical movement, but not of space but of atoms, molecules etc.
Take sound which you mention. That is a vibration of air molecules. You can't convert sound to light by increasing the frequency because radio and light waves are vibrations in magnetic and electric fields, not air molecules.

You probably need to read some basic physics books to understand the fundamentals. For example you speak of a coil with a current flowing through it and one with none, these don't have a slightly different frequency because the coil with no current has no frequency at all.

Excellent to think about these things and to come up with questions to ask, but do start some basic study, you won't regret it. It's an exciting world out there.
« Last Edit: 04/09/2016 23:18:44 by Colin2B »

Offline dutchiexx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/09/2016 11:31:15 »
ah i see, this clairifies alot of things for me, i think i may have a better understanding.
and your right, i really should read some books about physics lol.
one thing im still confused about is how you said a coil with no current does not have a frequency.
i did alot of research on the resonance frequency of matter.
it seems that a guy names nikola tesla claims that all matter is resonating at a frequency.
i read read that this guy was brilliant and he discovered ac/dc currents and that we still use his discovery to this day for transporting large electric currents long distances.i could be wrong, but this guy seemed to know his stuff lol.
so what did he mean when he said everything has a frequency? am i misunderstanding his claims?

also, i forgot to mention this in the original post.
what exactly is gravity? i mean, how does it truly work?
i have a theory that maybe, somehow, matter itself has the ability to manipulate the very fabric of space.
its hard to explain, its like i consider that the very vaccume of space has to consist of something other wise it cant possibly exist...right?
so i believe that maybe matter itself can interact with this space, for instance, the earth, earth is matter, it seems like planets pushes "space" apart. if "space" really is made of something, then its possible for all of "space" to be connected as one, this makes sense to me when considering the notion of gravity, i like to look at it from this perspective, if all of space is one, then if a planet interacts with this space, then maybe the force of energy or movement from a planet can somehow ripple through out space.so for instance, the sun, if the matter that makes up the sun can bend or manipulate the space around it, then this could explain the cause of gravity that makes the earth orbit the sun.the larger the mass of matter, the more space it bends, thus, the more energy it produces.
« Last Edit: 05/09/2016 12:37:43 by dutchiexx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 05/09/2016 11:31:15 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums