The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: If Cows Eat Strawberries, Would Their Milk Taste Like Strawberries ?  (Read 493 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Cowologists,

Ewe do great work !  tending to your cow herds, clipping their wings to stop them flying away , teaching them ACOWpella etc etc

Cows predominantly eat grass eh ? shiny green stuff that dwells in fields. How coincidental that cows frequent there too !!  so, one can deduce then that milk must be grass flavoured innit ?...obvious innit ?

I needed to find out the truth.

As a firm believer in empirical study i snuck into my lactose intolerant neighbours house at 3am this morning and he gladly , neigh willingly..... failed to protest as i chloroformed him and then fed him a couple of kg of freshly mown grass. Anyway, whilst heavily sedated he continually demonstrated his pleasure by not protesting at all and not displaying any symptoms of lactose intolerance  !!...hmmm...no luck there then !!

The whole point of my exercise was to see if the grass had the same flavour as the milk because i was wondering, if we were to feed cows strawberries would it make their milk strawberryfied ?

Take a look at Hertygertie below ,the strawberry eating cow, I decided to find out after the dismal help from my neighbour, so I snuck into a cow field and put Hertiegertie in my pocket , brought her home and put her in my neighbours garden and fed her all the strawberries i could find, including strawberry ice cream. I just have to wait a while to wait for the cow milk  fairy to come milk her !...in the mean time , do ewe know the answer ?

Hope ewe COWn help me

hugs and shmishes

mwah mwah mwah

xxxxx

Strawberry eating bovines are very amoooosing
They dance and gyrate and enjoy lots of singing
In the middle of the night they climb trees and hide n seek
Just be aware of way above ewe when they go for a leak !

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I did read somewhere that this can happen. There was research in Oz that showed diet affected milk taste.
The one I remember was that feeding a mix of oats and sunflower seeds resulted in raspberry flavour, something to do with bacteria.

Wonder what would happen if you fed them sheep. Oh dear, they already tried that, cows went mad I hear. Wonder why?

The following users thanked this post: neilep

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Thanks Colin,

wow !!..so it must be true.  think of all the different flavours of milk !!....hang on !!...isnt that what milkshakes are for ?...DOH !

Feeding sheep to cows lol !!   ....next ewe'll be telling us that santa claus isn't real !!!...

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums