The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are there areas of less gravity on the surface of the earth?  (Read 927 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
"joerfutureage asked the Naked Scientists:
   Hello Chris

There are spirals of less gravity than the norm on the surface of the earth.  The two I am most sure of are at Giza and in Florida.  The one in Egypt drew up the influenced area to become a plateau and the one in Florida starts at Corkscrew Marsh and formed the islands called keys.  See, the once and future osirisl.blogspot.com, and the web site: cydoniaresurrection.com.  I last appeared on the podcast: "Midnight Ocean" on the 22nd of August for the last three and a half hours of the program.  The two words that will send a conventional researcher running are pyramids and Atlantis;  Because of this I have sent over 200 emails and letters to various research organizations and have received only three replies, none of which stayed on topic and none that would look into what I have found.  Each planet has less gravity at its equator than on the rest of the body.  This becomes a weakness in the fabric of space and this is the ripple that is transmitted outward to all other planets in the area.  There is a suspect spiral that may pass through Machu Pichu, Cuzco and two other places of ancient ruins.The investigation into this will go on to tell WHY many of the ancient monuments were built.   Joe Richardson

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 15/09/2016 11:53:02 by _system »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
Sometime over the last year or so I watch a TV program where some guy was testing the electromagnetic field on the top of a peak and said it increased with altitude. I have no idea if he was lying or not. What actual evidence do you have? I hope I don't regret asking this. Will I?
« Last Edit: 17/09/2016 13:59:13 by jeffreyH »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
A magnetic and gravitational anomaly are documented at Bangui.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangui_magnetic_anomaly

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What actual evidence do you have? I hope I don't regret asking this. Will I?
You might, but then you can have the pleasure of moving the thread -  which looks like an ad anyway

Joe
Can you describe how you made the measurements eg equipment used, procedure etc.
Although gravity varies over the earth's surface, no spirals have been recorded in the mapping. A spiral would be instantly noticeable on any survey but would not be strong enough to form geological structures such as the Keys. Similarly the earth's gravity field is not strong enough to cause a weakness in space - assuming you could clearly define what you mean by a weakness in space.

Offline puppypower

• View Profile
Here is a map of the earth's gravity generated by NASA. You can find more maps if you Google; earth's gravity and GRACE (satellite).

Offline evan_au

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: joerfutureage
Each planet has less gravity at its equator than on the rest of the body.
I think you may be describing the effects of centrifugal force?
- A non-rotating planet far from other astronomical bodies will form a sphere.
- A rotating planet will experience a reduced force at the equator, and so will form the shape of an ellipsoid, as predicted by Isaac Newton.
- If the planet has a liquid on the surface (like Earth's oceans), they will move around until the force at the surface is equal. ie any difference due to gravity and centrifugal force is cancelled out.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_ellipsoid

This becomes a weakness in the fabric of space and this is the ripple that is transmitted outward to all other planets in the area.
Einstein showed that the mass of the Sun and planets distorts the geometry of spacetime, and this distortion is felt by nearby planets.

The dimples in the Earth's gravitational field amount to about 0.7%; to measure them, the GRACE spacecraft orbited at an altitude of just 500km. These tiny dimples have a local effect, and will not cause a detectable difference in Earth's gravitational field at the distance of the Moon, let alone other planets.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_of_Earth#Variation_in_gravity_and_apparent_gravity

To generate gravitational ripples that propagate, you need some truly massive objects, like merging black holes. These generated ripples of gravitational waves that were detected in 2015 (announced early 2016).
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_observation_of_gravitational_waves

There are spirals of less gravity than the norm on the surface of the earth.
Because of the way gravity works, I can understand regions of reduced or increased gravity due to differences in the density of rocks under the surface (see map posted by puppypower, above).

However, a true spiral, with an open end seems an unlikely shape on the Earth.
Propagating gravitational waves from merging black holes do form a spiral in space (but not on the surface of the black hole).

The investigation into this will go on to tell WHY many of the ancient monuments were built.
Variations in local gravity cannot be felt by the human body.

The first modern instruments to measure gravity were invented in 1936.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravimetry#History

However, in principle, gravity could have been measured by comparing a pendulum clock (whose period is affected by gravity) with a spring clock (whose period is not significantly affected by gravity).

So I don't see that ancient civilisations would have known where to build gravity-seleted cities. I suspect the location was selected as being close to sources of food and water, and able to be defended against attack.

the one in Florida starts at Corkscrew Marsh and formed the islands called keys
The sea level rose by 50-100m at the end of the last ice age.
This seems a more likely way to produce islands and marshes.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums