The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can mental states during dreams be experienced during a near death experience?  (Read 439 times)

Offline MarioWorldGamer

• View Profile
In dreams and nightmares, you experience strange and bizarre altered mental states.  These experiences cannot be explained and nor can they be experienced in your normal waking life.  They are entirely new experiences unlike any other.  They can either be wonderful experiences or they can be horrible.

Now if near death experiences are not like dreams and are fully waking experiences, then is it possible for a certain one of those altered mental states mentioned above to be experienced during an nde?  I heard the type of altered mental states that near death experiencers report such as being out of body, having an expanded consciousness, intense bliss, etc.

But are there other types of altered mental states experienced during an nde such as the altered mental states we experience during our dreams and nightmares?  Or are the experiences during ndes only limited to the ones I've mentioned?

Offline mrsmith2211

• View Profile
Since consciousness appears to be an epiphenomenom, all bets are off. Reality of a dream may be no less real than "reality" at the time. So my NDE, was floating down a tunnel of white spiral lights, tempted by the comfort to keep going, but consciously forced myself back to myself, as I felt like it would be the end of my mortal existence, and woke up, was it really a nde, who knows.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums