The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: If you post in this section the chances are....  (Read 491 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
If you post in this section the chances are....
« on: 16/09/2016 06:29:02 »
Hello, if you are a poster in this section and not a scientist , the chances is that you are ill but don't really realise this.

Offline GoC

• View Profile
Re: If you post in this section the chances are....
« Reply #1 on: 16/09/2016 13:40:39 »
Yes, I am terminal and probably wont make it past 95. Curiosity and the study of science makes you a scientist by definition. Having a certificate of knowledge is just a recognition you studied what others did before you. Your ability to come to your own conclusions that do not necessarily fit the general conclusions in the field is where breakthroughs are found. How long ago did we find out the Earth was not flat?

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16/09/2016 23:00:31 »
With relativity, the Earth can be measured as flat, having a thickness of 0.000000000000(insert-as-many-zeros-here-as-you-like)0000000000001% of its width - you just have to move at very high speed relative to it to make this the case. The ancients got this wrong - they thought the world was round like a ball.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/09/2016 13:53:20 »
Curiosity and the study of science makes you a scientist by definition.

Curiously the study of anything does not make you anything, it is a persons skill set and use of that skill set that makes remarkable individuals such as Newton, Einstein and likes.

I have been on science forums for several years, I have seen many ill individuals including myself who hide away from their own reality and everyday circumstance and place their hidden existence inside a computer screen.

I think most of these individuals including myself are looking, were looking , to exceed in life to ''riches'' and in realism of their own life become desperate seeking to ''strike it lucky'' by their own imagination. 

People posting ideas in this section  , are let's say, lost souls looking to escape their own prison of circumstance.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18/09/2016 22:36:17 »
Hello, if you are a poster in this section and not a scientist , the chances is that you are ill but don't really realise this.
  I am an Electrical Engineer and not a scientist. I do communicate with many scientists as I try to get them to review my books. Some ask for copies most don't. My work is a theory in progress. It still is not good enough for them. I am glad that I am not a scientist as I like building things and would have been very unhappy just writing equations all day long. the scientists have very good memories and I do not.
  For me this is a lifetime hobby. It is not for money. I sell a few books each month on Amazon and Kindle but the amount of money I get is tiny. Yet I am a problem solver and gravity and space-time is a problem to solve. I have been working on this since 1981. In December I will rewrite my book again. And then I will go back to the Professors and perhaps finally they will like what I have to say.
   This forum is great. There is a whole range of ideas that people have. Some people cannot write any equations but sense things. Some express strange ideas but that is good as well.
And when I want to know what Einstein believes to be true I post my questions on the science forum. And the experts really understand Einstein and others very well.
   I have been lucky to have some well known top scientists criticizing my work. I have also had some Nobel prize scientists cursing me out for bothering emailing them. But many have kind words for me and wish me good luck although they do not feel my work is good for them.
   So I am stuck with my hobby but I have been told by some people that it is more worthwhile then playing Golf as a hobby.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19/09/2016 12:30:17 »
  I am an Electrical Engineer and not a scientist. I do communicate with many scientists as I try to get them to review my books. Some ask for copies most don't. My work is a theory in progress. It still is not good enough for them. I am glad that I am not a scientist as I like building things and would have been very unhappy just writing equations all day long. the scientists have very good memories and I do not.
  For me this is a lifetime hobby. It is not for money. I sell a few books each month on Amazon and Kindle but the amount of money I get is tiny. Yet I am a problem solver and gravity and space-time is a problem to solve. I have been working on this since 1981. In December I will rewrite my book again. And then I will go back to the Professors and perhaps finally they will like what I have to say.
   This forum is great. There is a whole range of ideas that people have. Some people cannot write any equations but sense things. Some express strange ideas but that is good as well.
And when I want to know what Einstein believes to be true I post my questions on the science forum. And the experts really understand Einstein and others very well.
   I have been lucky to have some well known top scientists criticizing my work. I have also had some Nobel prize scientists cursing me out for bothering emailing them. But many have kind words for me and wish me good luck although they do not feel my work is good for them.
   So I am stuck with my hobby but I have been told by some people that it is more worthwhile then playing Golf as a hobby.

Interesting that you felt the  need to explain yourself Jerry, a hobby is fishing or golf, science is not something one should have as an hobby.
The scientists have told you no it is not for them, so obviously in your mind there is a problem if you are continuing.
They told me no, although I was certain in some areas, but no means no so I have stopped even considering science, it no longer has a use for me.

Online Alex Siqueira

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22/09/2016 01:04:58 »
I'm a Brazilian glazier for "good" sake, life is very good and the sun is shining, but indeed, sometimes when is going to rain I tend to feel a pain on the knee. But for that is no cure, my grandmother also does have that, seems to be a hereditary condition...

I consider this topic a perfect place to spread the disease that follow creativity, not for the authors of the claims or questions, but for the genius out there, that may or may not be reading it, right now, tomorrow, wherever...
 It's hard for a professional to think walking out of the scientific trails, and also is not recommended for who cares about reputation, for me is worthless, but have to agree with history, to advance in science one needs to learn how to  split himself from all emotions during a work or conversation with someone that may not be pleasant to be with...
 They shouldn't say such things as we do, but if one does, thy will be allowed to work over whatever you said, without being criticized for more than their curiosity....
« Last Edit: 22/09/2016 18:17:06 by Alex Siqueira »

Offline GoC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29/09/2016 00:35:07 »
There is a cure for our knees. I now have two 30 year striker knees. Weather does not bother titanium so much.

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline wheelMetal

• I'm a nobody, and I know I'm a nobody,.... do you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29/09/2016 04:56:22 »
I am an Electrical Engineer and not a scientist.

I'm a Brazilian glazier for "good" sake

Not just scientist, what's needed are people from all sort of trades gather together, be it engineers, builders, simulators, documenters and whatever else.

Offline GoC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29/09/2016 13:50:24 »
What is a scientist? Someone who studies and is curios of the scientific nature. I have a record I can look back on from institutions of learning but someone without a record could be more knowledgeable then myself. The formal title does not always equal the curios mind in understanding. But the combination has the best chance of understanding. Its the unusual person who trains his or her self.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29/09/2016 15:47:13 »
What is a scientist? Someone who studies and is curios of the scientific nature. I have a record I can look back on from institutions of learning but someone without a record could be more knowledgeable then myself. The formal title does not always equal the curios mind in understanding. But the combination has the best chance of understanding. Its the unusual person who trains his or her self.

A true scientist thinks about all possibilities, a true scientist discourses everything including present information. All things are correct and also all things are wrong, but all things always end up with one answer. One answer must be the truth when there is no other answers, thus leading to truths of reality.

Somebody who studies does not necessarily have the ability to think and interpret the information they study correctly.  Interpretation and sound logic is the key to understanding.

Regardless of this, people who post in this section are mainly ill people, I have read their confusions often and their attempts to change what does not need changing.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #10 on: 29/09/2016 15:47:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums