The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: GW150914, the data processing  (Read 171 times)

Offline worlov

• First timers
    • View Profile
GW150914, the data processing
« on: 18/09/2016 17:19:37 »
Hello!

It is one year since the first gravitational wave was directly registered. I wanted to refresh my memories and to help looked at the LIGO Open Science Center (LOSC): GW150914_tutorial.

At that time, a year ago, I found everything logically. But now I have got the doubt. Both, the measurement data and the relativistic simulation curve  are subjected to same procedure of filtration, before they are compared. However, in this way only filtered simulation curve but no original simulation curve is confirmed.

From my perspective, we would need for a complete proof a reverse transformation, that allowed to restore original simulation curve from filtered simulation curve. Otherwise relativistic origin of the event GW150914 is not clearly occupied.

Best regards

Walter Orlov

Offline worlov

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: GW150914, the data processing
« Reply #1 on: 19/09/2016 08:39:59 »
To make my mind understand, I will present the concrete examples.

The original simulation curve can be found on the website of LOSC under the name GW150914_4_NR_waveform.txt. The next picture shows what happens with this curve after filtration.

The half of the diagram is in fact reduced to a straight line. One can yet not turn this straight line back into a sinusoid. Therefore, the actual evidence is lacking for the original curve.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: GW150914, the data processing
« Reply #1 on: 19/09/2016 08:39:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length