The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What ?! , A cheek !  (Read 3129 times)

ROBERT

What ?! , A cheek !
« on: 19/03/2007 14:42:58 »
Plastic surgeon sucks out belly dancer's buttock

£12,000 damages for half-arsed liposuction
By Lester Haines
Published Friday 16th March 2007 16:05 GMT

A German belly dancer who checked into hospital to have her thighs trimmed ended up with just one butt cheek after the plastic surgeon hoovered out her right buttock, Ananova reports.

Julia "Cleopatra" Meyer, 38, of Munich, said of her liposuction ordeal at the Berlin Charité hospital: "I had been unhappy with my saddlebags, the fat stored in the outer thigh area. Because of the local anaesthesia I did not realise what he was doing. When I saw afterwards that half of my bum was missing I almost fainted. It had been completely sucked away."

Unsurprisingly, the matter ended in court, where Meyer was awarded £12,000 damages against the unnamed private plastic surgeon. The court heard her career is dead and the poor woman "does not even dare to go to a swimming pool because she is ashamed of the way she looks".

A consultant at the Berlin Charité hospital chipped in his expert opinion, describing the arse reduction as a "grave error in treatment".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/16/liposuction_mishap/

I bet "Cleopatra" is tired of being the butt of jokes.

« Last Edit: 19/03/2007 14:47:12 by ROBERT »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #1 on: 19/03/2007 15:51:48 »
OH my Gosh! I bet she is... She should go get the other side done to match!!! LOL Sorry! Bad taste..couldn't help it!

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #2 on: 19/03/2007 17:44:04 »
Ergh.
Liposuction is manky anyway... apparently because it removes not only the fat but also the fat cells in which it is stored, if an individual doesn't cut down on the diet that was depositing the fat there in the first place it just has to be stored in fat cells else where.. leading to for example the bum and thighs of a skinny person but a wierd podgy back. Eugh.
I guess, too, if the suggestion is right that intra-abdominal fat is a higher risk factor for diseases like diabetes then it is likely to be unhealthy too.

ROBERT

What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #3 on: 19/03/2007 18:25:39 »
Botched liposuction can have worse consequences than asymmetrical buttocks...

Soccer wife's record payout
15th Nov 2006, 12:33 GMT

A FOOTBALLER'S wife has won a record six figure settlement for horrific injuries suffered during a botched cosmetic surgery operation. Denise Hendry, wife of former City and Blackburn star Colin Hendry, was in a coma for five weeks after her bowel and small colon were perforated nine times during the liposuction procedure at the private Broughton Park Hospital near Preston in 2002.

http://www.feedsfarm.com/article/de0edb4b21869f38db8d44bc6af90dd2d5d68fd0.html
« Last Edit: 19/03/2007 18:27:30 by ROBERT »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #4 on: 19/03/2007 18:29:11 »
YOUSA...OUCHY WA WA!! MAN No way! I would rather keep mine I think!! LOL

Offline Infamous

• View Profile
What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #5 on: 19/03/2007 23:39:12 »
Me thinks this guy is a HALF-ASSED PLASTIC SURGEON and he's trying to make all his customers fit the mold...................Infy

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #6 on: 20/03/2007 00:43:41 »
Me thinks this guy is a HALF-ASSED PLASTIC SURGEON and he's trying to make all his customers fit the mold...................Infy

I think you're right!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #7 on: 20/03/2007 02:33:59 »
Have you ever watched a liposuction .. OOOOOOOOOweeeeee Yucky!!!! I couldn't do it. They are so rough and for what!!! No way!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

What ?! , A cheek !
« Reply #7 on: 20/03/2007 02:33:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length