The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Use Hair Bleach When Lemon Juice Will Do ?  (Read 21445 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Why Use Hair Bleach When Lemon Juice Will Do ?
« on: 23/03/2007 18:08:19 »

I mean..it's natural...makes a nice smell..is cheaper !

Last just as long and you can still use your hair to make lemon tea afterwards !

So, why use bleach when lemons are there to give you hirsute luff and bleachy joy ! ?

paul.fr

« Reply #1 on: 23/03/2007 18:14:44 »
Not so much a reason why, but:

The hair product used to dye you hair easily washes off your hands, lemon and lime juice is hard to clean from your hands. Exposure to strong sunlight with the juice on your lips or hands can have a bleaching or even blistering effect.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23/03/2007 18:38:55 »
Not so much a reason why, but:

The hair product used to dye you hair easily washes off your hands, lemon and lime juice is hard to clean from your hands. Exposure to strong sunlight with the juice on your lips or hands can have a bleaching or even blistering effect.

So...once we put on the gloves we can return to lemony luff...YAYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23/03/2007 19:31:45 »
When I was young and dumb and blonde I used to lay out in the sun and slather on baby oil and pour lemon juice in my hair.  The only problem I see with lemon juice is that you have to spend hours in the sun for it to work. :)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23/03/2007 19:58:11 »
When I was young and dumb and blonde I used to lay out in the sun and slather on baby oil and pour lemon juice in my hair.  The only problem I see with lemon juice is that you have to spend hours in the sun for it to work. :)

Do ewe really have to be in the sun for it to work ?..though I gather the sunlight does help !!

Carolyn...allow me to correct your punctuation error in your post.....you said " When I was young and dumb "...of course you just meant to refer to the age part yes ?...the rest remains the same yes ?..... ;D ;D.....

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23/03/2007 20:18:59 »

Do ewe really have to be in the sun for it to work ?..though I gather the sunlight does help !!   I believe so..yes.  I've heard that you can use lemon juice and conditioner daily and over time it will lighten hair, but I haven't had this experience.

Carolyn...allow me to correct your punctuation error in your post.....you said " When I was young and dumb "...of course you just meant to refer to the age part yes ?...the rest remains the same yes ?..... ;D ;D.....
[:(!] [:(!] [:(!]FUNNY!!!  You seriously want to be punished don't you!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23/03/2007 21:07:32 »

Do ewe really have to be in the sun for it to work ?..though I gather the sunlight does help !!   I believe so..yes.  I've heard that you can use lemon juice and conditioner daily and over time it will lighten hair, but I haven't had this experience.

;) Hugs & Shmishes

mwah mwah

paul.fr

« Reply #7 on: 23/03/2007 22:45:19 »

;) Hugs & Shmishes

mwah mwah

See the what's your kitchen science topic for the effects of lemon juice and heat.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 23/03/2007 22:45:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums