The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Tell me about Congestive heart failure/complications from stress and insomnia ?  (Read 91355 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Iko.. I just finished with the Mri and had to come home to get things ready for the sleep study!

After the MRI the tech said he was able to get some really great images.. I asked him, "did you find anything that would be causing me such greif?" He replied, "yes I did!" I said, "what..?" he said, "I cannot say, "but, I will send these to your doctor she will have them by Tuesday!" I said, "Then this pain and trouble I have been having is not all in me head?" He said, definitely NOT!" So I am not going to know until probably Friday next week unless I can con her into telling me Tuesday when she gets the tests back! My next appointment is Friday! I will let you know!

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Hi Karen,

of course you get insomnia and hyperstress anxiety!
They promise you a new explanation every time in any
test you take...and afterwards they vanish in a tiny
cloud of dust!
Anyway: MRI is done and maybe "informative"
Fingers crossed and let's jump to next week.
Take care

ikod

« Last Edit: 13/07/2007 23:30:36 by iko »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
 Thanks Iko.. Will be glad to find out something definitive...

hugs...

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Iko.. Will be glad to find out something definitive...

hugs...

Not toooo much "definitive" would be better! ;D
maybe you'll fix it in the meantime...

ikod
« Last Edit: 14/07/2007 19:07:13 by iko »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
LOL Oh.. How am I going to fix it! LOL.. I think I will wait and make them tell me whats wrong.. Just wish they would hurry up!!

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 18/07/2007 22:12:35 by iko »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Nice pic's IKO.. Love the snail TOO! I agree I wish my doc was faster too!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Sleep study results came in and I seem to have what they call CPAP I think that is how she pronounced it! I have to be sedated and do yet another sleep study this time with a machine which will push air through the sinuses an keep my airway open. Apparently the machine does not require an oxygen tank as it just uses air from the room but uses a force that pushes the air through and keeps things clear!

This study will have to be for figuring out how much air must be used or something like that!

Out of six or so people I was the only one who couldn't sleep and not for not trying..

I am also to go see an orthopedic surgeon for my shoulder and arm. I am supposed to have another MRI with some kind of injection to illuminate more of the problem area!That will come after I see this Dr.Lyell.(the surgeon) Well thats whats new I also had to have more lab work done at my appointment.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Hey Dr House, LOL Just kidding IKO!! HEE HEE HEE! Here are  the days replay results pending in 7 to 10 days~!  Todays chemical stress test part 1..LOL
I went early this morning for my chemical stress test!
they decided they would inject me and allow me to walk the treadmill if I wanted. I did, They started the iv, I was less about 1 minute into the 4 minute test when my heart decided it did not like the test or the work out or whatever..My ekg readout went crazy and I tried to keep walking but someone shoved a chair up underneath me after asking are you alright??? It is really hard to say i need to sit down when your heart is doing flip flops in your chest and your so dizzy you can't tell if you landed in the chair or on the floor. I do not know what happened much after that Iwas really nauseated afterwards and had dry heaves and couldn't quit shaking.. Then i realized that I was back on the table and the cardiologist said your test just went crazy its ok.. your gonna be ok..  I was given a snack fig newton as per test instructions and they monitored my blood pressure as it was almost non existent! Then he said .. Has anyone ever told you you have a bad heart and low blood pressure !!! YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK..Some sense of humor he had. LOL..

He then said low blood pressure is normally not a bad thing, but young lady when you normally have high blood pressure and yours drops so low this is dangerous!   It was way too low he said. Then he said now we have a better idea and in a few days we will have pictures back and maybe figure out whats happening here, in the mean time no more mountain climbing! LOL We had discussed crater lake! LOL..

When the nurse came I asked what happened exactly and she said that my heart does not function well under stress. She said that when I went down They administered something else into the iv.. I forget what she said it was. But she said it was to calm the heart down.. whatever that means.. I don't think I had a heart attack but the way they talked I was fixing to. He said that is why they have everything there in place to see to it that I was OK!

So The only instructions today was to be back there at 8:30 AM tomorrow morning and they are going to do another iv and a test of the heart at rest.. The took a ton of pictures with a machine that came up around me.
She said the hard part was over and tomorrow should be a breeze..LOL we will see. today I was scared to death.. So maybe tomorrow I will leave laughing.. I still feel crudy and after the test today while I was waiting for the second half I was totally overcome with fatigue as if I had just ran a marathon.. I fell asleep in their waiting room.. I felt silly! She had to wake me up to hook me up again and do part two with the fancy camera and dye thing! I have been asleep most all day.

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What about those famous 'infectious' results still pending?

ikod   ???

« Last Edit: 10/10/2007 13:14:22 by iko »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
She still has not run any further tests she said and I quote" You have had this infection for some time now so I don't think it will hurt to wait until after the Cardiologists report!"  After todays test I am supposed to call her about an appointment.

Yesterday I was not feeling to hot before my stress test and still tired today. I haven't taken my blood pressure yet so I don't know where it is.

I am assuming now that I tested positive for a chronic infection again that they will have to determine exactly what disorder is causing it? Is that how these things normally work? I am assuming so based on her nonchalant attitude about treating this quicker!

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
WOW! that is how I feel like a hamster running around in circles and not getting anywhere!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
 Well house I passed my halter test last week but yesterdays stress test result says I failed it big time I am going into the hospital on the October 24th, for a catherdization, (sorry bout the spelling.) He said they have to insert a camera and possibly put a stint in the heart . He said they have been unsuccessful trying to figure out why it is doing what it is. So Now I am really nervous. He said I have to be partially awake for this proceedure..

I don't like that at all!  Every time they say surgery I panic... 

Offline Carol-A

• View Profile
Hi Karen, I had this proceedure last week..... and a stent inserted. If you want some first hand feedback, I'm happy to talk about it.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I would like to know more about it. He still does not know whats wrong and needs to put a camera in to look!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
My arteries are clear but I am having some kind of other problems in the left side!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
OK Iko I have to go back to cardiologist as I have asked for a consultation before I allow them to just operate without telling me more about what happened during my stress test, I am going in Tuesday  day after tomorrow.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well he said upon exertion or stress that my blood flow basically stopped flowing in the top part of the heart and also in the bottom. he said he has commonly seen it in the top but not so much in the bottom! He is sending me a copy of this result.he said he does not know what they will find when they go in because all the other tests have been of no help and the problem seems to be hiding... He said arteries visually are clear with all the other tests he thinks it may be the repair job is giving out from childhood or it could be a blockage inside and they can't see it.. he is hoping it is something in one artery if it is one a stint and medication if it is 1 completely blocked along with a couple more then he will have to do a bypass.. He said he just doesn't know. they are just going in prepared for anything . he said if it is bad he is just going to knock me the rest of the way out and do what he has to do. He assures me we now have a facility set up to deal with it although I have heard terrible things about its inexperienced staff and under equipted facility.. He said that was before and they are set up now to handle what may come..So Monday tests more EKGs x-rays blood work etc etc etc.Then on Wednesday I check in at 11:00AM and surgery will be at 1:00.. He said there is a lot of prep. They will be using femoral artery....going through groin. he said there are less complications possible then through the wrist!

I will see you and let you know more when I do..keep your fingers crossed for me.

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I will see you and let you know more when I do..keep your fingers crossed for me.

Of course we'll do it and you'll keep us informed asap.

ikod

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Thanks Iko, I will!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well my new bloodwork has come in. I was scheduled tomorrow for a iodine ct scan etc for my aorta valve .. but blood work is holding us up. Seems my Creatinine levels came back pretty high and that my GFR came back very low..
She said we can now add decreased kidney function to the list .. I still need the other test so they are going to put me on some kind of pills to rehydrate me and keep my kidney working right because she said it would shut down without this medicine given the potency of the iodine. She said it is hard on the kidneys!..So I will pick up a prescription from the pharmacy for these pills which she said I will take every two hours, I think she said! Then we can do the test!, as the pills will have been getting me plenty hydrated..  So that is on the schedule for Tuesday morning 8:30 am.. test at 10:00am. She said short stay so thats good.. I get to go home again... YAYYYYY! I will post again when I know more!

« Last Edit: 02/11/2007 08:41:47 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Some hours later.. She called back to talk about medications and said we will have to address this Kidney problem? She said They are not working properly and there is some kind of damage.. She said we must address it right away.  She tried to explain more about what was wrong...she said it may be the reason my blood pressure has soared and the swelling is worse again and the diuretics are not working to clear the fluid neither are the stockings or the feet up possession!...

I know what she said is not good... but I am having a hard time trying to swallow it...I don't feel like there is anything wrong with my kidneys but she insists there is...

She said we will talk again on Tuesday....

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Karen

Before you go any further. Please, pretty please with knobs on, give IBT a try.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
OK Today it is... eastern king size bed.. how high off the floor on the head?? We would have to look up the size wait I will try to measure it!

Ok....84 inches long by 72 inches wide or 218 and 3/4 centimeters long by 182 and 1/2 centimeters wide!APPROXIATELY!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums