The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why does Everyone press remote control harder, when they know battery is dead?  (Read 5101 times)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Just curious. I think everyone does this.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Not everyone, but my husband used to do that all the time..LOL It was very annoying!! LOLas if it is going to react to a firmer touch!!! LOL ruins the key pads! He was alwaays too rough

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Lol, I do that, even with a touch screen remote.. You know, the ones which have no buttons, but are just touch sense. :P

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
I've done it a few times when the batteries are dying. But the remote for my housemates tv is crap, it's old and broken, so you do actually need to push down hard on the buttons  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
There have been a few of those around here after my husband was done with them.. and they had been fished out of the couch hundreds of times! LOL

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
I hate having to look for the remote. We have a tiny living room with a coffee table that takes most of the room up. So usually the remotes live on there, as it makes sense. But I'm forever having to hunt high and low of them just to find the one I need down the side of the sofa  ::)  ;)
The worst is when you need to put your hand down the side of chairs or sofas, all the crumbs and dust and other things you can't quite work out what they are, ewwwww, that's just nasty   :-X  ;)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Mirage, I am totally with you! Yup crumbs and all them lot just stick to your hands.. Or some sweets, like haribo... Sticky wicky.... *shudders*

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
It is vile to have to go down the sides, but sometimes it pays off. One day I was able to buy an ice cream  ;)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Lol yah, you find lots of coins in there :D

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
My dad was terrible when I was younger, If I was hunting for the remote and was looking down the sides and found any money it was his  ::) Granted, it was actually his but I went through all the mess to get it, surly I should get a share ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What I find is mine same on laundry day..LOL I told my kids if you leave it in your laundry and I do it it is mine regardless of the amount..LOL I found over 100.00 dollars in my dryer one day..LOL It was mine... They never ever even asked or said hey mom I lost $100.00 LOL!!! They don't have a clue how to budget they don't even know what they have or don't have but Me knows what they don't have and it made me smile !! LOL

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
LOL! :P They probably wouldn't say they lost $100 because you'd tell them off big time! ;)

What I find is mine same on laundry day..LOL I told my kids if you leave it in your laundry and I do it it is mine regardless of the amount..LOL I found over 100.00 dollars in my dryer one day..LOL It was mine... They never ever even asked or said hey mom I lost $100.00 LOL!!! They don't have a clue how to budget they don't even know what they have or don't have but Me knows what they don't have and it made me smile !! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well I would never tell them off for loosing there money They have to learn that one on there own. I have sense menytioned it and none can imagine who would have lost their money, but I don't care.. They will only learn to be  more careful.. lol

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Even if they lost $10,000? :P

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile

I would, I'd laugh in their face and say I'm going on holiday now, toodles

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile

Here here I am going with daniel!..LOL If they lost ten thousand dollars in my couch I would chuckle and thank them for such a wonderful Gift!.. LOL..LOL Where are we going for vacation Daniel? LOL..Some where warm, not hot and pretty and fun.. I want to go see a real rainforest and a Jungle.. and Tons os things..LOL

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile

Here here I am going with daniel!..LOL If they lost ten thousand dollars in my couch I would chuckle and thank them for such a wonderful Gift!.. LOL..LOL Where are we going for vacation Daniel? LOL..Some where warm, not hot and pretty and fun.. I want to go see a real rainforest and a Jungle.. and Tons os things..LOL

I think we should give Tarzan a visit, he could show us around the jungle and we can finally find out the truth about his lack of beardness  ;)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Yes yes.. And also ask him why we press remotes harder without batteries! :o

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length