The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Absolute Zero...Absolutely !!  (Read 11285 times)

Offline realmswalker

• View Profile
Absolute Zero...Absolutely !!
« Reply #25 on: 27/04/2007 02:04:32 »
If you apply string theory (which i have a rudimentary grasp of) to this, there can eventually be a point at which nothing exits.
As the universe expands infinitely the energy becomes more dispersed. On the strings level, if i understand correctly, once the energy gets so dispersed they don't have the energy to vibrate, matter ceases to exist.

another_someone

« Reply #26 on: 27/04/2007 07:04:58 »
If you apply string theory (which i have a rudimentary grasp of) to this, there can eventually be a point at which nothing exits.
As the universe expands infinitely the energy becomes more dispersed. On the strings level, if i understand correctly, once the energy gets so dispersed they don't have the energy to vibrate, matter ceases to exist.

What you seem to be implying is not spacial dispersion, but dispersion amongst lots of matter.

But how could energy be dispersed so thinly amongst lots of matter?

If you have two pieces of matter, they may share their energy; but if both pieces of matter already have more than the minimum amount of energy before they share, then they will still have the minimum energy after sharing their energy; and if one particle does not start by having the minimum energy, then it cannot exist, so it cannot receive energy from the other particle.

Unless string theory somehow allows a non-existent particle to receive energy, I am not sure how it can allow a dispersion of energy below its minimum threshold?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 27/04/2007 07:04:58 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length