The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: experimental heat recovery devices  (Read 9037 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
experimental heat recovery devices
« Reply #25 on: 25/04/2007 14:48:21 »
Have you consulted with the National Trust...?..they must come across things like this all the time !

National Trust is in the UK only...... we have an equivalent but they are now so keen..........

May I ask (if you know them) what reasons have been cited for their lack of interest.......it's stunningly beautiful !!...how old is it Hadrian ?

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25/04/2007 23:11:11 »
Have you consulted with the National Trust...?..they must come across things like this all the time !

National Trust is in the UK only...... we have an equivalent but they are now so keen..........

May I ask (if you know them) what reasons have been cited for their lack of interest.......it's stunningly beautiful !!...how old is it Hadrian ?

why don't you  post up those questions fro dud to answer on our forum

another_someone

« Reply #27 on: 25/04/2007 23:29:12 »
why don't you  post up those questions fro dud to answer on our forum

Or why doesn't Dud join up here to answer these question :)

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28/04/2007 00:15:28 »
Hi again this is the response so far

One of the big problems we are facing is that we have a massive space to protect - we have to keep temp just above condsation (Dew) Point all the time but also apply serious ventilation.

The National Utility (ESB Networks) also has refused to sufficient power - so these last 5 years the castle has been operating separate from the grid - on its own - with generators only - so we have waste heat - gennies also work well with motive power i.e. heat pumps .. and we have lots of space to put down heat recovery pipes within the old Moat wall

Keep advising ... thanks

Yes I agree with you - heat pumps - but also CHP with bio-fuels
see post above

we could do some solar on the ground (Moat) though?

Offline eric l

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28/04/2007 16:06:46 »
Looks like this is just the case for "combined heat and power".  See Wikipedia article on that subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_combined_heat_and_power

In this case, part of the electricity produced could be used for heating purposes in rooms that need not be heated constantly. 

Mind you, this kind of thing does not come cheap (investmentwise) but they run cheap because both the energy and the heat are used.

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28/04/2007 18:14:52 »
Looks like this is just the case for "combined heat and power".  See Wikipedia article on that subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_combined_heat_and_power

In this case, part of the electricity produced could be used for heating purposes in rooms that need not be heated constantly. 

Mind you, this kind of thing does not come cheap (investmentwise) but they run cheap because both the energy and the heat are used.

Thanks I will pass it on

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #30 on: 28/04/2007 18:14:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums