The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What are your hobbies?  (Read 23329 times)

Offline Batroost

• There's no such thing as a dirty atom!
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #75 on: 25/04/2007 23:03:40 »
Nope - just the whistle and the flag  ::)

(off to bed now - have fun chatting)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #76 on: 25/04/2007 23:05:35 »
What do you mean have fun chatting! I have no other! Pffft. LOL ;D By the way, you go to bed earlier than a 13 year-old! Ha.. Meh, sorry! :P

Offline Batroost

• There's no such thing as a dirty atom!
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #77 on: 25/04/2007 23:07:38 »
Got work in the morning!

(Ah - haven't gone yet - but am going now.....gone)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #78 on: 25/04/2007 23:22:03 »
Eh.. You haven't gone huh? :P

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #79 on: 26/04/2007 05:49:27 »
I volunteer as a Guard on a steam railway (the Ffestiniog Railway in North Wales)

And have modelled the Ffestiniog in Microsoft Train Simulator

The family play too!

Nice to finally meet you batroost and great family! What a cool Hobby. We have a pretty good size model train club as a few years back.. I really think it is still going strong!   Very cool!

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #80 on: 26/04/2007 13:02:01 »
ha thats a bad excuse for not having a g/f man haha

Offline Ben6789

• And then there were none.
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #81 on: 26/04/2007 13:08:29 »
Please, what was the reason you became Tiff's g/f in the first place? Looks(most likely, even though she doesn't have much of it)or personality(least likely in short, you are shallow)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #82 on: 27/04/2007 06:28:36 »
Here is one I do while on line with you all! LOL

Sorry the top on Armoire is bent, I stored it in a box and have not flattened the top back out again.. It is doll house furniture I make with plastic canvas. This is part of the bedroom suit! All drawers and closets work and are operational as well as being equipted with mirrors for the dolls and kids of course. LOL I think they are fun to do and the stitching keeps my hands busy when I am nervous or bored. LOL I hope you can see the stiching I am lousy at photography! I have 1 or to more to upload..

YOU JUST HAD THE Image tags wrong...me has fixed it !

Awesome pics!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #83 on: 27/04/2007 06:33:31 »
Thanks Loretta! How are you?

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #84 on: 27/04/2007 19:35:00 »
Hi Batroost! I see you're online! ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #85 on: 20/06/2007 00:16:10 »
Another Hobby of mine...LOL I collect marbles.. as I have lost all of my own so  gather those from everywhere else that are lost and homeless and someday.. I hope to say I am no longer a brick shy of a load! LOL

jolly

What are your hobbies?
« Reply #86 on: 22/06/2007 22:25:12 »
When not discussing the world and it many fishes with cheese, I often find it relaxing to line dance and shoot cats, but not always at the same time.

Generally when the opportunity arises I fit trees to the neibours cars, well I say neibours, but generally the opportunity only seems to arise when I am away from home; though I do not know why!

I also go-kart! On occasion I have been known to add the odd slug to the odd green house. I play chess and Go(tiz a good game)!

Have taken to playing God, and now make cheese (although not with my forehead)!

I often play find the sock- this envolves taking the washing machine apart to find it, as- "it was there when I turned it on!" The last time, I just washed one sock and it still disapeared- you explain it!

NASA still wont give me a pay rise! So, I spend my spare time doing everything possible to discredit them! Does that count as a hobby?

other than that I fiddle- with all sorts of stuff!

ERRRR Yeah!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: 22/06/2007 22:28:39 by jolly »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #87 on: 23/06/2007 08:23:49 »
I always read so much when I read your posts .. so much more then what you write, but what I see between the lines jumps out at me like a jack in the box hiding until just the right turn of the handle............!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #88 on: 23/06/2007 08:33:25 »
I always read so much when I read your posts .. so much more then what you write, but what I see between the lines jumps out at me like a jack in the box hiding until just the right turn of the handle............!

By The way washers sometimes take your socks and get them wedged in the drain hose.. if you look their after removing hose and clearing and still don't find the sock.. the likely hood is it has gotten sucked into the pump itself.. disconnect power unbold pump with water off. then take and open pump unless of corse you can see the sock from the outside looking into the pump them you can pull it out. other wise open it and look. If still there is no sock, then it is possible it was thrown by the wash cycle being to high of water level over the side of washer sides and is around the outer wall of the sinner barrel it self.. Check it out I have found them both places,, mostly the pump or pump hose!

jolly

What are your hobbies?
« Reply #89 on: 25/06/2007 17:33:39 »

By The way washers sometimes take your socks and get them wedged in the drain hose.. if you look their after removing hose and clearing and still don't find the sock.. the likely hood is it has gotten sucked into the pump itself.. disconnect power unbold pump with water off. then take and open pump unless of corse you can see the sock from the outside looking into the pump them you can pull it out. other wise open it and look. If still there is no sock, then it is possible it was thrown by the wash cycle being to high of water level over the side of washer sides and is around the outer wall of the sinner barrel it self.. Check it out I have found them both places,, mostly the pump or pump hose!

No I checked everywhere there must be as I suspect, a worm hole- that leads to a little wooded place where fairies dance, and pixes play cricket! So my new hobby is to find the worm hole, once achieved, I shall go and see the pixie Queen, who I believe will allow me to join in the cricket match and might return my socks.
But it would probably be the case that the socks would and could only be returned if I complete some daring mission, which I am preparing for; for I have no doubt that killer cats and hampsters guard the lair of the monster, and once the monster be slain the socks would be returned, and the Queen might put out.
So really my current hobby is to practice fight with cats and hampsters! Though I now need a new pet shop, as the assistant is a real ++++ and has started asking too many questions.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #90 on: 25/06/2007 21:07:50 »

By The way washers sometimes take your socks and get them wedged in the drain hose.. if you look their after removing hose and clearing and still don't find the sock.. the likely hood is it has gotten sucked into the pump itself.. disconnect power unbolt pump with water off. then take and open pump unless of course you can see the sock from the outside looking into the pump them you can pull it out. other wise open it and look. If still there is no sock, then it is possible it was thrown by the wash cycle being to high of water level over the side of washer sides and is around the outer wall of the inner barrel it self.. Check it out I have found them both places,, mostly the pump or pump hose!

No I checked everywhere there must be as I suspect, a worm hole- that leads to a little wooded place where fairies dance, and pixes play cricket! So my new hobby is to find the worm hole, once achieved, I shall go and see the pixie Queen, who I believe will allow me to join in the cricket match and might return my socks.
But it would probably be the case that the socks would and could only be returned if I complete some daring mission, which I am preparing for; for I have no doubt that killer cats and hampsters guard the lair of the monster, and once the monster be slain the socks would be returned, and the Queen might put out.
So really my current hobby is to practice fight with cats and hampsters! Though I now need a new pet shop, as the assistant is a real ++++ and has started asking too many questions.

Well after checking everywhere you may be right.. Hurry up and find that worm hole..and when you find it and the wooded place where the pixies dance..make sure you do find the Pixie Queen because I know she will be waiting for you too, She knows you will be the best cricket player in all the land! She will undoubtedly have your socks at the ready for you as soon as you are ready for them! I have heard that the Pixie Queen is the most patient person in the whole world!

Well I know of a great pet shop..where the assistant is very smart and intuitive and would never ask to many questions as she already knows the answers!

jolly

What are your hobbies?
« Reply #91 on: 25/06/2007 23:07:00 »

By The way washers sometimes take your socks and get them wedged in the drain hose.. if you look their after removing hose and clearing and still don't find the sock.. the likely hood is it has gotten sucked into the pump itself.. disconnect power unbolt pump with water off. then take and open pump unless of course you can see the sock from the outside looking into the pump them you can pull it out. other wise open it and look. If still there is no sock, then it is possible it was thrown by the wash cycle being to high of water level over the side of washer sides and is around the outer wall of the inner barrel it self.. Check it out I have found them both places,, mostly the pump or pump hose!

Well after checking everywhere you may be right.. Hurry up and find that worm hole..and when you find it and the wooded place where the pixies dance..make sure you do find the Pixie Queen because I know she will be waiting for you too, She knows you will be the best cricket player in all the land! She will undoubtedly have your socks at the ready for you as soon as you are ready for them! I have heard that the Pixie Queen is the most patient person in the whole world!

Well I know of a great pet shop..where the assistant is very smart and intuitive and would never ask to many questions as she already knows the answers!

Thankyou karen. I look forward to the day in question

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #92 on: 26/06/2007 01:54:20 »
Me too, I will be happy for you....I think the dance of the pixies will be beautiful and I think you and the pixie Queen will enjoy the game of cricket and will forever dance amongst the fairies....in the wooded place which  awaits you, for as long as it takes.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #93 on: 26/06/2007 07:30:10 »
My main hobbies are writing/playing music, horse-riding, photography (especially wildlife - as some of you may have noticed) & learning new things. I also enjoy developing websites; but as I'm starting to charge for that I can't really class it as a hobby any more.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #94 on: 26/06/2007 07:35:03 »
Those are cool Hobbies. What do you like to write that is one of my hobbies also! more less my loves.. I love poetry and stories. Learning new things Always a must!

Web sites that sounds so complicated!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #95 on: 26/06/2007 07:42:03 »
I write all sorts from classical to death metal

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #96 on: 26/06/2007 07:43:03 »
The websites I build tend to be complicated (with databases and stuff like that) but basic ones are very easy to do.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #97 on: 26/06/2007 07:58:27 »
I write all sorts from classical to death metal

I like to would like to write lyrics but am unable to write musical score and accompaniment!

I don't know what Death metal is I suspect I wouldn't like it!..LOL

It is cool you can fiddle with websites and that sort of thing! I am computer illiterate and am only learning!

jolly

What are your hobbies?
« Reply #98 on: 26/06/2007 20:47:16 »
Me too, I will be happy for you....I think the dance of the pixies will be beautiful and I think you and the pixie Queen will enjoy the game of cricket and will forever dance amongst the fairies....in the wooded place which  awaits you, for as long as it takes.

I hope so but, could we all agree, that should the wormhole be found and the pixie Queen be danced with, That Lily will never be told!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #99 on: 26/06/2007 22:55:39 »
I think That is a fair deal..I think the pixie Queen would understand that reasoning..don't you?

The Naked Scientists Forum

What are your hobbies?
« Reply #99 on: 26/06/2007 22:55:39 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums