The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Activation Emails  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« on: 23/04/2007 13:58:21 »
How long should it take to receive an activation email?  My son, Nic tried to register last night, but as of yet has not received the email.  He requested another one this morning, but still has not received it. 

paul.fr

Activation Emails
« Reply #1 on: 23/04/2007 14:03:04 »
How long should it take to receive an activation email?  My son, Nic tried to register last night, but as of yet has not received the email.  He requested another one this morning, but still has not received it. 

Hi Carolyn, maybe its the filters used by his email client. i had the same problem when i first registered, i tried 3 different email accounts until i eventually got an activation email from the fourth.

even now, my messages go into my junk mail folder. i will have to sort them filters out.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #2 on: 23/04/2007 14:12:40 »
He used his hotmail acct. and has been checking the junk email, but it wasn't sent there either.  Can he change his email address without having to re-register with a different name?

paul.fr

Activation Emails
« Reply #3 on: 23/04/2007 14:15:56 »
He used his hotmail acct. and has been checking the junk email, but it wasn't sent there either.  Can he change his email address without having to re-register with a different name?

not sure, i can't remember if i tried or not! give it another go with a different email address, try yahoo. They are not the best but i dont have a problem with activation email going there.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #4 on: 23/04/2007 14:29:55 »

Carolyn, what's his username ?..I'll look into it !!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #5 on: 23/04/2007 14:33:17 »
OK..I can see that he has registered twice....which is understandable if the first one seemed to fail...it seems the system is awaiting his activation !...has he not received the emails yet ? (though I know that's what you're asking but that was over an hour ago now)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #6 on: 23/04/2007 14:37:51 »
No, he didn't receive the activation emails for the first two attempts.  However, we just registered under yet another name with a different email address and this one has gone through and he is registered, just not with the name he wanted.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #7 on: 23/04/2007 15:00:14 »
No, he didn't receive the activation emails for the first two attempts.  However, we just registered under yet another name with a different email address and this one has gone through and he is registered, just not with the name he wanted.

This is bizarre !!..I can clearly see the first two attempts and that the system is awaiting the activation !!.....oh well...glad the young lad is on board now anyway!!...YAYYYYYYYYY !!!!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #8 on: 23/04/2007 15:06:36 »
He is indeed onboard.  Not sure if that's good or not, now I have to behave and act like a responsible adult. ;D

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #9 on: 23/04/2007 15:10:39 »
He is indeed onboard.  Not sure if that's good or not, now I have to behave and act like a responsible adult. ;D

So what's the brat....erhm...what's the lads username then ?...or is he playing hide 'n' seek ?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #10 on: 23/04/2007 15:14:52 »
The brats name is Nic_525.  He's now on a school field trip.  We were working on this via cell phone while he was in study hall.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #11 on: 23/04/2007 15:46:41 »
The brats name is Nic_525.  He's now on a school field trip.  We were working on this via cell phone while he was in study hall.

YAYYYY !!

Well make sure Nic creates a welcome thread in the guest book section will ya ?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Activation Emails
« Reply #12 on: 23/04/2007 16:28:26 »
I will.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Activation Emails
« Reply #12 on: 23/04/2007 16:28:26 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums