The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Eggs !!..do they all taste kind of the same ?  (Read 13072 times)

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
Eggs !!..do they all taste kind of the same ?
« Reply #25 on: 25/04/2007 14:02:15 »
When me dad used to keep chickens the taste and colour of the egg yolk seemed to depend on what the chicken had eaten and I think free range eggs have a better taste than battery farmed ones.

Now, my snake has taken to her nesting box and should be due to lay her eggs this weekend. This a photo of one of her clutches from last year and you can see the cuts made in the leathery shells.

;D

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25/04/2007 14:21:51 »
When me dad used to keep chickens the taste and colour of the egg yolk seemed to depend on what the chicken had eaten and I think free range eggs have a better taste than battery farmed ones.

Now, my snake has taken to her nesting box and should be due to lay her eggs this weekend. This a photo of one of her clutches from last year and you can see the cuts made in the leathery shells.

;D

Fantastic Photo...Thanks TMM...me luffs snakes !!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25/04/2007 14:24:07 »
...and ofcourse fish eggs are regularly eaten (cod roe if you are a cheapskate, or caviar if you can afford it).

Lumpfish roe makes a passable impersonation of caviar & it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Here is a man who has tasted in the realms of the upper echelons of society...pray...impart to us the tasty goodness of posh fish eggs !!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25/04/2007 14:29:13 »
Picture of tutle eggs in a Malay market

http://www.malaysiabest.net/2006/09/03/turtle-eggs-for-sale-legal/

THANK GEORGE,

It's clear the photo was taken during an earthquake or the photo taker *checks link*.......is indeed very nervous !

Cripes..are they really free to do this ?

another_someone

« Reply #29 on: 25/04/2007 15:26:17 »
THANK GEORGE,

It's clear the photo was taken during an earthquake or the photo taker *checks link*.......is indeed very nervous !

Cripes..are they really free to do this ?

As you say, when you check the link, there is quite a bit of discussion as to whether the sale of the eggs is indeed legal.

If was clearly taken in low light, but it could also be that there was a short depth of field, and some parts of the photo are out of focus, as well as slightly shaken.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #29 on: 25/04/2007 15:26:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums