The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is fitness?  (Read 1788 times)

drkev

What is fitness?
« on: 03/05/2007 13:01:43 »
Oooh lovely new site! Been away a while when did the site change?

Anyways, as part of my mission to regain my waistline I have achieved as much as I can with diet alone (I don't mean dieting I mean eating properly!)

So I have started exercising. I swim about 2 miles every other day and row for 2 hours on the days I don't swim.

The first week was hell! It hurt real bad and I wanted to give up. But two weeks later it no longer hurts. Surely getting fit doesn't happen this quickly?

Spoke to a gym instructor who said it only takes a couple of weeks to fall into a comfortable rhythm. So 2 weeks and I'm already fitter and a trouser size smaller.

But what actually happens when we get "fit"? What is "fit"? I'm not talking about weight loss here because we all know how that happens. What I mean is the changes I feel inside, not being out of breath when I climb the stairs, being able to get up in the morning without feeling tired still.

So what is fitness and what happens to our bodies when we get fit?

mod edit: one line of text removed due to this being a family orientated forum.
« Last Edit: 03/05/2007 14:18:35 by paul.fr »

drkev

What is fitness?
« Reply #1 on: 04/05/2007 01:11:21 »
since when did moderators start deleting parts of posts? We used to have some brilliant conversations about sex and the like but now we have someone called paul.fr removing parts of posts simply because it talked about stamina in the bedroom!!!

Chris what's going on? If mini Hitlers are running the site now I might just stay away!

The Naked Scientists Forum

What is fitness?
« Reply #1 on: 04/05/2007 01:11:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums