The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Who's the daddy?  (Read 2346 times)

paul.fr

Who's the daddy?
« on: 07/05/2007 05:53:07 »
If one was to have a testicle transplant, and went on to father a child. Who would be the daddy, the donor or the recipient? Edit: genetically speaking.
« Last Edit: 07/05/2007 05:58:43 by paul.fr »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Who's the daddy?
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/2007 06:23:16 »
WOW! That is a very good question . where is sperm created outside of the testicles or inside . If the body produces the sperm and then in another place and deposits them for lock up in the testicles until withdraw is made..so to speak! LOL Then perhaps the recipient. If the testicles on the other hand produce and harbor the sperm both, maybe then the Donner, that is if where the sperm is made of is not delivered from an outside source as I said.. UH oh Paul I've done gone and got confused! LOL

another_someone

Who's the daddy?
« Reply #2 on: 07/05/2007 07:58:45 »
If one was to have a testicle transplant, and went on to father a child. Who would be the daddy, the donor or the recipient? Edit: genetically speaking.

I would have assumed that it is no different than asking who is the genetic mother when you have an and ovarian transplant.

Genetically, in both cases, the donor.

Clearly, sperm are created in the testicles themselves, so the only possibility of it being anything other than the testicle donor is if stem cells from another part of the body were to move into the testicles, but I would not imagine that to be the case.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Who's the daddy?
« Reply #2 on: 07/05/2007 07:58:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums