The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Support to jolly's claim, "we were never on the moon"  (Read 17783 times)

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Support to jolly's claim, "we were never on the moon"
« Reply #25 on: 11/06/2007 13:29:18 »
Clearly the issue here is not about the science, but about who the science comes from.

Some people involved in this discussion do not trust reports that come from NASA, and therefore cannot be convinced that there was ever a manned moon landing.

Those who do trust NASA's reports have only NASA's own research, or research that subsequently came from data or material collected by NASA, to use to try and convince the others.

A decision has been reached as to what is the 'truth' by both parties, and evidence from either will not be considered rationally.

Therefore, this discussion is at a stalemate, and as such has become an arguement.

Time to move on?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11/06/2007 13:33:12 »
Then for stage two, You will need to sit a psycological exam with my assosiate EDAM, do not fear, for I shall translate to you, what EDAM has telepathically said!

Now you're getting really cheesy

jolly

« Reply #27 on: 11/06/2007 14:03:08 »
Then for stage two, You will need to sit a psycological exam with my assosiate EDAM, do not fear, for I shall translate to you, what EDAM has telepathically said!

Now you're getting really cheesy

LOL, you are welcome to mr beaver!

jolly

« Reply #28 on: 11/06/2007 14:16:46 »
Clearly the issue here is not about the science, but about who the science comes from.

Some people involved in this discussion do not trust reports that come from NASA, and therefore cannot be convinced that there was ever a manned moon landing.

Those who do trust NASA's reports have only NASA's own research, or research that subsequently came from data or material collected by NASA, to use to try and convince the others.

A decision has been reached as to what is the 'truth' by both parties, and evidence from either will not be considered rationally.

Therefore, this discussion is at a stalemate, and as such has become an arguement.

Time to move on?

I dont not agree because all evidence is considered rationally by those true scientists as it is their job to question! The problem is that all evidence provided by NASA is extremely doubtful! ROCKS, FLAGS, VIDEOS, REFLECTORS all suspect!

The foot prints on the moon? hello there is no dust up there!

No stars in the video, even on the earth in day light you can see some stars the brightest as you see the moon! you would day or night see stars from the moons surfaces!

Plus the gravity is far lower than nasa say and as a result, there is no way they could have walked on it as they do!

The rubbish that is stated, as reasons to believe the moon landings happened, are laughtable. But you most of you probably as the majority, no sorry all the scientist I have spoken to privately except that we never went!
And yet in the public domain you fearfully defend what you know to be total rubbish!

Men of science question everything! Espeailly the things that dont make sense! in 1969 the scientific understanding was far lower than today, Which is why they made so many mistakes in faking it!
« Last Edit: 11/06/2007 14:18:18 by jolly »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11/06/2007 19:28:28 »
I think that until Jolly has explained what he thinks is on the moon that is bright enough to be used as a retroreflector the evidence is clearly in favour of the idea that it is, in fact, a retroreflector, left there as per the traditional NASA version. Since they need some degree of alignment just throwing them into space with a rocket and hoping they landed right is one of the more daft theories. If only NASA Had used these then Jolly might just have a point but the rest of the world can do the experiment; and they have.
Please explain why, for example, China hasn't blown the whistle on NASA?
The moon rocks, which have also been examined by labs outside NASA's control are also pretty solid evidence.
It's not just a matter of "I don't trust NASA" There are other sources of data that support the idea.

More importantly Jolly's posts in the past have claimed that orbital physics is also wrong.
Anyone got satelite TV? OMG! you must be part of the conspiracy, pretending to have lots of TV channels. Anyone seen a weather picture lately? Satelite or really tall bloke with a camera?

The evidence is overwhelming, but Jolly simply discounts anything that gets in the way of his theories then slanders us saying that he's the real scientist and the rest of us "fearfully defend what you know to be total rubbish!"

BTW, Jolly if you say no one has been to the moon how come you are so convinced there is no dust there; who told you?
Also please explain your comment "Plus the gravity is far lower than NASA say and as a result, there is no way they could have walked on it as they do!".
We know what the gravity of the moon is because we can feel it from here; it drives the tides.

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #30 on: 11/06/2007 20:24:58 »
I must warn against annoying them, they take it all so personnally!....lol

Jolly

I think you would find that almost every other forum out there would have deleted all of your Moon threads and banned you permanatly by now.

jolly

« Reply #31 on: 11/06/2007 20:34:46 »
I must warn against annoying them, they take it all so personnally!....lol

Jolly

I think you would find that almost every other forum out there would have deleted all of your Moon threads and banned you permanatly by now.

Well mickey you have shut all of them except one and this one isnt mine so! I know your desperate to ban me for life!
and have pretty much been calling for it, for ages, sad that you fear me so! and feel such a sad need to supress me and my opinions.
Hopefully one youŽll grow up and stop trying to force people to see things as you do! or at least youŽll have enougth common decencey to allow people to think and act as they choose!

Offline Batroost

• There's no such thing as a dirty atom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11/06/2007 21:10:55 »
I know your're desperate to ban me for life!

Not so sure.... one thing Jolly's post do accomplish is that they force people to look for evidence/physical manifestations of effects they 'know'. As far as I can see none of Jolly's arguments have ever gone un-answered, though because of the outlandish nature of some his claims, we've had to think hard in looking for and explaining the counter-evience.

An agent provocateur has his uses....?

jolly

« Reply #33 on: 11/06/2007 21:20:20 »
I know your're desperate to ban me for life!

Not so sure.... one thing Jolly's post do accomplish is that they force people to look for evidence/physical manifestations of effects they 'know'. As far as I can see none of Jolly's arguments have ever gone un-answered, though because of the outlandish nature of some his claims, we've had to think hard in looking for and explaining the counter-evience.

An agent provocateur has his uses....?

Thankyou batroost, you see atleast I get you thinking, and science is about thinking! atleast thinking about what the evidence points towords! and learning to see things differently, depends on your field, no?

For in explaining things you often understand them better! and arguement can help to hone the ideas! It is all gravy!

paul.fr

« Reply #34 on: 12/06/2007 01:04:54 »
This topic is going nowhere, and as Ben has pointed out "this discussion is at a stalemate, and as such has become an argument." I am therefore locking this topic.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #34 on: 12/06/2007 01:04:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums