The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What do we do?  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
What do we do?
« Reply #25 on: 07/06/2007 19:03:08 »
I was in my primary school choir, think I was about 10 or so. I was also an Alter server  ;)

That is cool!

I was lucky when it came to alter serving as I got all the cool jobs ;) although it was more responsibility

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What do we do?
« Reply #26 on: 07/06/2007 19:43:06 »
I was in my primary school choir, think I was about 10 or so. I was also an Alter server  ;)

That is cool!

I was lucky when it came to alter serving as I got all the cool jobs ;) although it was more responsibility

My younger son served sacrament .. which for you would equal alter boy.. He was so cute in his white shirt.. LOL He still is! LOL

I bet you are too! You made your parents proud I am sure!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
What do we do?
« Reply #27 on: 07/06/2007 20:08:01 »

That is cool!

My younger son served sacrament .. which for you would equal alter boy.. He was so cute in his white shirt.. LOL He still is! LOL

I bet you are too! You made your parents proud I am sure!

Well my parents only saw me serve a couple of times. I mainly served during the day . I remember the first funeral I served, that was really hard. We had been told before hand not to laugh or smile. Well I was doing well but my mates who were also servers kept smiling, obviously something was funny but I had to try and fight it ;)

I think out of my family my uncle was probably the most proud, simply because he is a priest. I once had to go with the priests of my church to a cathedral, there was some big yahoo going on, can't remember what it was. But there were priests and alter servers from all the churches in Bristol, well, nearly all ;)
But I got to see my uncle there which was nice........wait a min, I think it was because we were getting a new Bishop, or something like that  ::)

But in all it was fun, and if you are a child and go to a Roman Catholic church then I would say it is worth while. You learn a lot more about the church and it's a great way to experience responsibility at an earlier age  :)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What do we do?
« Reply #28 on: 07/06/2007 20:48:13 »
I agree with that also. Other ways too but none the les that is also good!

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What do we do?
« Reply #29 on: 08/06/2007 03:03:54 »
i went to my first catholic funeral this year. i had no idea what was going on. i haven't been to mass since i went on easter with my grandma, and that was a greek orthodox church. i don't know what i consider myself now. my family never really went to church, unless  my uncle was doing the service. he's a minister. i think he's baptist. i don't know. but i was baptized roman catholic. so... i'm everything!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What do we do?
« Reply #30 on: 08/06/2007 05:37:39 »
 LOL I have been to many in my life and each one different you just need to find your place and that is hard to do!

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What do we do?
« Reply #31 on: 08/06/2007 05:40:15 »
i just believe what i believe and that's that!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What do we do?
« Reply #32 on: 08/06/2007 05:46:50 »
Yep Thats ok by me. That must be your place.. I thought I found mine but have found more in my heart just being away..

The Naked Scientists Forum

What do we do?
« Reply #32 on: 08/06/2007 05:46:50 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums