The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How do you block sound transmissions from ultrasonic transducers?  (Read 4928 times)

Offline bluecrystal48

• First timers
    • View Profile
How do you block sound transmissions from ultrasonic transducers? I need to know how to block or scramble the type of sound waves that dogs can hear, but most humans cannot. I am especially interested in an inexpensive way that a layman can easily carry out. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 23/06/2007 23:34:13 by chris »

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
How do you block sound transmissions from ultrasonic transducers? I need to know how to block or scramble the type of sound waves that dogs can hear, but most humans cannot. I am especially interested in an inexpensive way that a layman can easily carry out. Thanks.
It depends on what you mean with "block". If it wouldn't be a problem for what you need, then you can cover the area of interest with phono-absorbing panels, or sponge-robber.

Please, be more precise about what exactly you want to do; it's not to be nickpicking, it's really impossible to answer without having a precise question.
« Last Edit: 23/06/2007 23:02:36 by lightarrow »

Offline Atomic-S

• View Profile
Well, this is a curious and mysterious subject: I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. You speak of "dogs"; are we to understand that there is some kind of an inaudible (to humans) noise that is bothering your dogs and you need to silence it? Canine earplugs come to mind, but I guess that is not practical. Where exactly is the sound coming from? It is kind of difficult to make any sense out of the subject unless we understand whether the noise is coming from inside  the building or outside, whether the dog is inside or outside, whether the ultrasonic noise may be completely suppressed or must remain in the atmosphere for some reason, being blocked only from the dog.

lyner

Give the dogs ear plugs!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums