The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The World needs protection- from religious nutters!  (Read 8486 times)

Offline VAlibrarian

• View Profile
The World needs protection- from religious nutters!
« Reply #25 on: 07/07/2007 03:30:17 »
Dear Jolly, Titanscape, Bored Chemist & Co. -
I have problems with religious nutters here in the USA. Their big thing here is that they want public schools to stop teaching Darwin and start teaching "creation science". I would rather kiss a pig than see that happen.
I think it is a mistake to argue with them over contradictions and paradoxes in the Bible. They don't get it when you do that. We have a writer here named Bart Ehrman who likes to analyze and point out the copy errors and the made-up stories in the bible that were done over the centuries by copyists before the printing press, and the various gospels that the early christian bigwigs decided were inconsistent with their message, and therefore jettisoned. It's fascinating stuff.
In a way this whole thing is a bit like those optical illusion drawings. Is it a fish or the nose on an elephant? Depends on your point of view- and there is no changing your mind from one view to the other.

jolly

« Reply #26 on: 07/07/2007 15:52:12 »
Dear Jolly, Titanscape, Bored Chemist & Co. -
I have problems with religious nutters here in the USA. Their big thing here is that they want public schools to stop teaching Darwin and start teaching "creation science". I would rather kiss a pig than see that happen.

So would I ;)

I think it is a mistake to argue with them over contradictions and paradoxes in the Bible. They don't get it when you do that. We have a writer here named Bart Ehrman who likes to analyze and point out the copy errors and the made-up stories in the bible that were done over the centuries by copyists before the printing press, and the various gospels that the early christian bigwigs decided were inconsistent with their message, and therefore jettisoned. It's fascinating stuff.
In a way this whole thing is a bit like those optical illusion drawings. Is it a fish or the nose on an elephant? Depends on your point of view- and there is no changing your mind from one view to the other.

Well with regards to intelligent design, it trys to prove God exists. Which God doesn't want, proof denies faith. So I don't really know what they think they are playing at. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 07/07/2007 15:52:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums