The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Who invented shopping?  (Read 22032 times)

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #25 on: 29/06/2007 08:10:39 »
i like shopping, but i can put together an outfit in ten minutes. my goal is in and out of the store as fast as possible

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #26 on: 29/06/2007 09:00:34 »
that's good.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #27 on: 29/06/2007 16:22:15 »
i like shopping, but i can put together an outfit in ten minutes. my goal is in and out of the store as fast as possible

Oops, sorry. I thought you were female  ???

paul.fr

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #28 on: 29/06/2007 16:25:03 »
.... where do you find these women?

Just lucky  [:0] i guess!  :P

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #29 on: 29/06/2007 19:11:04 »
We are all complicated people..LOL I can shop but I go find what I want and leave.. once in a while I will wonder just to look..thats fun sometimes!

jolly

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #30 on: 29/06/2007 21:46:30 »
Oui, je comprend - but there is a small problem. England has never been called the Commonwealth. There was the British Empire (on which the sun never set), which went through a period of collapse in the 19th Century. From this a voluntary association called the Commonwealth of Nations arose, formally known as the British Commonwealth. This has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the EU.

Partly true.  The English Commonwealth was the period when England was ruled by Oliver Cromwell (1649 to 1653 or 1649 to 1660 if one takes a looser definition).  Still nothing to do with the EU.

The only time, apart from under our present government, that Britain has been a dictatorship.

Was´nt it a republic?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #31 on: 29/06/2007 22:33:44 »
Oui, je comprend - but there is a small problem. England has never been called the Commonwealth. There was the British Empire (on which the sun never set), which went through a period of collapse in the 19th Century. From this a voluntary association called the Commonwealth of Nations arose, formally known as the British Commonwealth. This has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the EU.

Partly true.  The English Commonwealth was the period when England was ruled by Oliver Cromwell (1649 to 1653 or 1649 to 1660 if one takes a looser definition).  Still nothing to do with the EU.

The only time, apart from under our present government, that Britain has been a dictatorship.

Was´nt it a republic?

So who voted Cromwell into power?

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #32 on: 30/06/2007 01:28:15 »
i am female. lol. i like new stuff, i just like it immediately, not three hours later

jolly

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #33 on: 30/06/2007 20:58:16 »

Was´nt it a republic?

So who voted Cromwell into power?

He did....lol

he had a council with him dont forget he didnt do it alone fairfax etc.

jolly

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #34 on: 01/07/2007 00:03:04 »
shopping is not the problem, it's the endless hours spent trailing around for that perfect dress she saw in the first shop 5 hours ago. The constant, "does this look nice".."how about this one" and ending up saying even a black bin liner looks good so you can just get the heck out.

why do they do it?

WOW ! I would hate shopping with her.. I would have given up the first hour.. LOL I am not that keen on shopping , but it's ok Kadie said she would do the shopping for me! LOL LOL

That seems pretty extreme Paul!

I have to say that actually I used to feel that way, I used to hate shopping.

Oneday went out shopping with a lady and loved every minute of it, watching her try on hats and stuff. It was great didnt care about the shops, I was just happy being with her.

Not sure, I know what pauls saying, but at the same time have seen another side to shopping!

paul.fr

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #35 on: 01/07/2007 07:43:28 »
Oneday went out shopping with a lady and loved every minute of it, watching her try on hats and stuff. It was great didnt care about the shops, I was just happy being with her.

Not sure, I know what pauls saying, but at the same time have seen another side to shopping!

The difference there jolly, is you were with someone who's company you enjoyed. I suspect you could have been anywhere with her and just enjoyed being there in her company.

i detest any form of shopping, if i shop for myself i know the exact shop i am going in and it's straight in and out. I also hate crowds, i find them frustrating and get very angry and agitated in crowded shopping areas.

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #36 on: 01/07/2007 07:47:15 »
i hate getting stuck in line behind the little old lady who has to dig three pennies out of her purse at snail speed even though she has already given the cashier enough money, she just doesn't want any more pennies and it does up taking 4 years because to find the pennies she had to take everything out of her purse and then she has to put it back in...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #37 on: 01/07/2007 17:08:09 »
OOPS I have been that little old lady! LOL LOL... dear me.. I best watch that! LOL LOL! I am with paul.. I want to know what I want go get it and leave.. once in a while I hve to look cause I am not sure exactly what I want! LOL

jolly

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #38 on: 02/07/2007 11:08:18 »
Oneday went out shopping with a lady and loved every minute of it, watching her try on hats and stuff. It was great didn't care about the shops, I was just happy being with her.

Not sure, I know what Paul's saying, but at the same time have seen another side to shopping!

The difference there jolly, is you were with someone who's company you enjoyed. I suspect you could have been anywhere with her and just enjoyed being there in her company.

i detest any form of shopping, if i shop for myself i know the exact shop i am going in and it's straight in and out. I also hate crowds, i find them frustrating and get very angry and agitated in crowded shopping areas.

I don't think thats just you, all men take the same shopping line I think; theres the shop, thats what I want, and I do not intend to spend more time, than the time it takes to get it and pay for it. Anything that interferes with that set of requirements will annoy me!

There's the problem women say lets go shopping.
Man thinks yes I would like.... but wait.... there will be a long list of annoying things, before I even get the thing I want, which I will put up with, but then after that I will have another two hours of following you all over the place to look at doilies and the list will get bigger and bigger.
Eventually I will have no choice but to go sit in the car, and mutter to myself about which ever thing it was that annoyed me most! 

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #39 on: 02/07/2007 11:33:04 »
HEE HEE.. That sounds pretty accurate.. LOL I have had a couple times where I was guilty and hubby went to the car muttering.. he was mad not just muttering! LOL

paul.fr

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #40 on: 02/07/2007 14:53:08 »
Man thinks yes I would like.... but wait.... there will be a long list of annoying things, before I even get the thing I want, which I will put up with, but then after that I will have another two hours of following you all over the place to look at doilies and the list will get bigger and bigger.
Eventually I will have no choice but to go sit in the car, and mutter to myself about which ever thing it was that annoyed me most! 

Jolly, are you an ex-girlfriend who is stalking me? Oh, hold on, none of them were jolly!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Who invented shopping?
« Reply #41 on: 02/07/2007 15:37:29 »
LOL LOL!

jolly

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #42 on: 02/07/2007 16:23:01 »

Jolly, are you an ex-girlfriend who is stalking me? Oh, hold on, none of them were jolly!

No paul, for my name would be jollet, if that were the case!

The Naked Scientists Forum

Who invented shopping?
« Reply #42 on: 02/07/2007 16:23:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums