The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why are the moles on your skin sites for enhanced hair growth?  (Read 8484 times)

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
testosterone?

melanin?

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

any one?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I don't know why, none of mine have hair growth. LOL But I have plenty of moles..LOL

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
For clarity, these are not freckles, but more fleshy and darker. I have literally hundreds of moles, especially on my back. Some of the bigger ones have a few hairs, which tend to be bigger and thicker. I have seen some people who have quite large moles, perhaps 2" by 1" which were covered in thick dark hair, which stopped at the edge of the mole.

????

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Mine aren't freckles either.. I had this one little girl in my class who asked me teacher Karen? What are these things on your neck?? I said moles she said what, i explained as best I could for a 3 year old and from then on she would climb up hug me and lay her face on my shoulder and say hi moles.. LOL every day for two years.. LOL I loved her she was so adorable,,,HEE HEE HEE,, I 'll never forget . there were many days she would phrase her good morning differently and sometimes say I love you moles and pat my neck! LOL

paul.fr

Stuart, i don't think we actually know why this happens. One thing "we" do know is (contrary to popular belief) that it is perfectly safe to pull the hairs out, although another will regrow.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
HUH! I have seen moles with hair but never thoughtanything of it, I just thought a mole was an extension of your skin that perhaps was more sensitive because of its growth and like the access skin growth I assumed the hair was just following suit! LOL

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums