The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is your Idea of Romance and is there a science behind it, or an art to it?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
We all have our own Ideas about Romance! So..what do you think Romance is? How do you think Romance plays a part in love? Do You think that Romance is for the birds??
Tell me all the things that you think make up romance or make a person Romantic. Do you want romance in your life or do you prefer none?

I love Romance and everything about it. I like it's ability to make another person smile and feel special.. I think that is so important! I love LOVE..in all its complications smiles tears, joy and sorrows.. I love sweet poetry love songs and soft music and candlelight. Quiet walks engaging talk.. soft warm arms and the ocean and the forest .. I love old folk tales of love and wonderful acts of kindness that speak far louder then gifts.. I love words well written and taken from the heart and given without expectations of reciprocation. given from love..I think I love the shyness and sometimes the lack of it and I think this is something I find romantically appealing in others. I love the sparkle in the eyes when someones in Love and the grin you wear upon your face that you cannot wipe away cause things can be so wonderful when your in love!

jolly

Romance is showing someone how much you love them, in a way they would never expect.

For should it be obvious, then it be cheesy, and though I love cheese; the ladies dont seem to...lol

However there is a sweetness to simplicity. And so stroking that persons finger, while waiting at a bus stop in the rain, would if done correctly, trounce any dinner at the ritz!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Romance is showing someone how much you love them, in a way they would never expect.

For should it be obvious, then it be cheesy, and though I love cheese; the ladies dont seem to...lol

However there is a sweetness to simplicity. And so stroking that persons finger, while waiting at a bus stop in the rain, would if done correctly, trounce any dinner at the ritz!

Boy you can say that again.. I agree with you.. They are the simplest things..  but I still love cheese..LOL

jolly

Romance is a destination, you often find yourself without even knowing how you got there, often not realising it until the day after it happened.

and should you be lucky enought to realise that you are there, do not say anything stupid, or try to improve it..... just enjoy it while it lasts!

Pity the person, who wishes to put a cherry on a cherry!
« Last Edit: 28/06/2007 23:32:41 by jolly »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Nice post Jolly.

jolly

Bill Hicks´ brother said of Bill: "If you use one word to describe my brother it´s- romantic."

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
LOL..Interesting fellow!

jolly

Boy you can say that again.. I agree with you.. They are the simplest things..  but I still love cheese..LOL

I have to say that actually women do generally like cheese, or rather if you ask most ladies about romance, they would say ´cheese is better than nothing´!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I like it all!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums