The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: eYeS  (Read 3264 times)

Offline stana

• Dare to be yourself!
    • View Profile
eYeS
« on: 05/07/2007 16:19:07 »
Hey, i was wondering, Howcome if we stare at the sun, and we look away..we still see the sun in our eyes? Then when we try to look at it..it moves?

Thanks

Ohyea, and please dont go staring at the sun to try it out, I dont wanna be responsible for anyone going blind. Maybe use a bright flash light
« Last Edit: 05/07/2007 21:15:33 by stana »

another_someone

eYeS
« Reply #1 on: 06/07/2007 02:23:28 »
Aside from possible effects within the brain, my understanding is that the main cause is over stimulation of the optic sensors in the eye, which cause them to take some time to reset themselves (you can often see the same thing with television cameras, where if they have a bright light in the filed of vision, and then the light moves across the field of vision, it will leave a glowing trail behind it, as the sensors have too much energy to quickly dissipate and so remain switched on for some time even as the source of energy (the light) has moved away.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
eYeS
« Reply #2 on: 08/07/2007 17:21:24 »
good post A.S

Offline stana

• Dare to be yourself!
    • View Profile
eYeS
« Reply #3 on: 15/07/2007 17:43:54 »
ALSO,

Why if we apply pressure to the eye do we see double?I just stuck my finger underneath my eye, and seen TWO computer screens, and how come when we apply pressure on our eyes we see patterns and stuff..well atleast i do

The Naked Scientists Forum

eYeS
« Reply #3 on: 15/07/2007 17:43:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length