The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: states of awareness  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Senseless

• View Profile
states of awareness
« on: 23/04/2004 04:25:56 »
We all know a boy dying of malnutrition somewhere on the oposite end of the globe wont get the luxery of experiencing life to the full spectrum of emotions and stimuli america has provided for its millions of citizens. But what is the meaning behind all these experiences and where does the line of our experiences becoming virus's of our indepedant brains truest longings.  People nowdays dont really give much thought to the idea that there are so many states of awareness and when they think of drugs its mostly about getting the munchies or being wasted.  I believe we have a culture and our brains naturally adapt so much to surroundings that there isnt truely a way for scientists to research the possibilities of extending states of awareness for people in unique unheard of ways i could never imagine right now to help give their one and only lives some sort of connection...be it to their childhood, to their lost romances or to future dreams.... I think there is a whole spectrum of ideas related and surrounding this topic people are somehow immune unlike me in trying to delve in full heartedly to find an answer.  Im sick of seeking my inner child, i want science to get rescue workers out there diving into the great unknown scooping our inner children out the wasteland of our subconcious...and when we find that kid, i want science to help us give it a beautiful home. I know this sounds far off and strange, but thats exactly my point...it might sound strange but if your brave enough to respond truthfully about this, id love to hear responds.

Greg Badalian

Offline Senseless

• View Profile
Re: states of awareness
« Reply #1 on: 23/04/2004 05:43:21 »
I think that people need to first understand what im trying to say before they can respond...and i guess its so hard to get to the point in life that ive come to...to really understand what im saying.

Greg Badalian

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23/04/2004 20:25:32 »
Greg, my inner child grew up.  And what's wrong with that?  I'm very happy and spiritual.  I can also change my state of mind at will.
« Last Edit: 23/04/2004 20:27:11 by Donnah »

Offline Senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24/04/2004 04:19:45 »
YEah, what i said is not easy to translate into words, i know exactly what i mean...but ill try again for you cuz u seem to of read what i said... so here it goes -

When i mention finding inner child...what i mean is finding something inside us that is beyond our satisfaction, and when i say the problem with our culture is we are satisfied to some extent...i mean exactly how u say you feel...that ur fine with everything about your awareness. So, in essence, im saying your response is the oposite of what im trying to explain, and wish science would dive into at least in one lab in this universe. Its the possibilies of ways to experience nature, art, music, cultures, love, happiness, saddness, movies, emotions, and everything. The vast number of brain chemistries and see, i used to hear music in color, synaethesia...you ever change your awareness THAT much? So, my point is it is fragile, messin with nature, drugs have horrible side effects, but ya know, science isnt dedicating anything to trying to create controlled enviornments for the sole purpose of this type of brain chemistry social society awarness sensory minipulation, and i know you say youve found your inner youngster and your fine and yadda yadda yadda, but thats even more so my point, we think we have all we need and are abandoning a vital aspect of humanity and our soul and our nature, which is its potential for exloring something so deep, the act of exploring it in itself will only show us the full frontier that it is.

Greg Badalian

Offline Senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24/04/2004 04:28:59 »
Let me give you guys an example.

A man lives his life, has a family, an average mundane job. He lives, celebrates special occations, drinks wine sometimes, goes to football games, watches emotional movies and experiences a wide range of feelings and happenings.

He dies.

Before death, and from birth...his subconcious has in his brain files, like in a computer, and those files are filled with potentials for endorphins, a brain chemicle in part responsible for enjoyment and love. So, if somehow, science could pinpoint the exact way that person would want to feel in an exact circumstance, with those files...those unmet dreams, those unknown creative ideas on what life could of been, those who knows what things that our senses and mind could come up with.  What if somehow we could connect with those things in a hypnosis trance way, but more scientific and exact and deep, maybe controlled via a computer with trained technitions, and the purpose would be resolution, and im not talking cure for nuts or trama patients, im talkin a tool for our society, a world, a universe, full of frontiers. Im talkin about living day to day in a world SET with unbreakable truth and reality.. think of your DREAMS, its like when you dream anything is possible...so what im talkin about is a scientific middleground between dreams and reality, and a few degrees away from hypnosis and altered states of awareness and feelings unknown for the sole reason of nobody has explored it. And maybe the love we would attain, or the peace we would continue to have in our lives, would allow us to really understand the knew science, and really be thankful that it was there to give something close to hypnosis but far from it and really neccisary.

Greg Badalian

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30/04/2004 19:29:08 »
Greg, I think I have a pretty good idea of what you mean.  Perhaps you didn't understand what I meant when I said I can change my state of mind at will.  We don't need technology or computers for that, God already gave us a better instrument.

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/05/2004 00:47:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Donnah

God already gave us a better instrument.

yeah, where would we be without a screwdriver...[?]

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/05/2004 18:16:14 »
Yes Richard and if the screwdriver has enough vodka in it you can hear God talking.  Right God?

Offline GOD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/05/2004 21:21:47 »
Right Donnah !

I am GOD..You are Not..I don't exist !!

Offline Senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/05/2004 08:45:53 »
Well donnah, i see you say you understand what im talking about.. but didnt i say the essence of what i was talking about was the fact that people think they dont need the potential for what i think science should provide humanity with? so isnt you thinking u know what i mean and underestimating its importance PROOF that you really dont understand? So... that leaves me with only one thing to do...explain it really effectivly.

so here it goes.

Have you ever had a long perfect dream...like the very end of the movie "vanilia sky" where it seems like everything came together and its perfect...or a perfect day... What im saying has nothing to do with vodka or drugs or euphoria...what im talking about has to do with the very deep deep depth of the soul. Inducing a huge controlled experience that has been thorougly tested and scientifically proven safe from research nobody is as of yet doing to give people moments that really connects them to a world that does not exist. Vodka is an excape...drugs in nature are excapes...what im talking about is not an excape...what im talking about is not new age or something you only lagh at in a b movie...what im talking about is a frontier...not into the potential of hypnotherapy...into the potential of our heart, of our soul, of our possibilies... Im so sick of this reality with our eyes open being the only thing we are bound to. I want a world where you can put together experiences that are puzzles in our subconcious minds...puzzles from our childhoods to our adulthoods, puzzles that science with research in brain chemistry, mind alterning drugs, computers, who knows what they could if they tried to come up with use....well...the dangers could be brainwashing i guess....but everybody brainwashing in our society anyway...so i guess the potential could be a step outside a world full of it. and...into a world where anything is possible...and what turns out to of been possible....no drug could of recreated...no vodka drink could ever duplicate...and nothing could ever make you feel more incredible.

Greg Badalian

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/05/2004 16:20:55 »
"so isnt you thinking u know what i mean and underestimating its importance PROOF that you really dont understand? " - Greg

This is an assumption on your part.  How can you prove that I am just thinking I know what you mean as opposed to really understanding what you mean?  Are you so accustomed to people not hearing what you say that you can't accept it when someone does?  And what makes you say that I underestimate the importance?  Go to my profile and read my favorite quote.  You don't know what I am thinking, nor do you know what I have experienced in my life.  You are very young, and have an inquiring mind and a desire to improve and expand the world as we know it.  That's good in my books.  Is it not possible, in fact almost certain, that I have experienced things that you have not (and vice versa)?  I have lived an unusual life and experienced unusual things, some of which people find hard to believe or accept.  I don't care, they are my experiences and for the most part I keep the really odd ones to myself.  The state of mind you seek does not need science to get there, God (or whatever designer you believe in) has built it in to our systems.  Are you not seeking a piece of heaven?

Offline Senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/05/2004 02:43:23 »
hmmm. hmmm. hmmm.
well...
i didnt say what im talking about had to do with theraputic values...remember? And i didnt say its for a peace of heaven...ive done extacy...i wouldnt do it again...i love worhiping God in church and feeling a beautiful peace...i meditate and have felt something close to zen. Im not talking about what you think im talking about...let me try to explain it once more!!! :)

thanks for at least showing some interest...i have a feeling this is so odd that people really dont understand what is so so so so simple to me.

What im talking about is like an inner movie....like an inner theatre....and the actors are like the people that seem so real when you are dreaming...you say it cannot happen...well thats why i posted it in a science forum...nobody has tried or even wanted to fund a scientific research lab to dive into this.  whats the potential? Not therapy...there are plently of good things in our society for that. Not entertainment, again enough good things for that. not what you think...this is something from MY personal experience has found important.  SO! what im saying then...you may be wondering...is that the point would be for the only purpose of its possible...just like flying to the moon. sending ships to mars.... what im saying is that we spend billions of dollars on frontiers like nasa only to feel this "woah the world is small, reminds me of seeing the big ol grand canyon...aw" feeling.... thats it exactly...so how can you underestimate its importance...when in essence its importance is the fact that the mind is so amazing...the amazingness of the mind IS the importance! have fun responding to this! :)

Greg Badalian

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/05/2004 03:53:37 »
Greg, if you are more concise you are more comprehensible to a wider audience.  You say "the purpose would be resolution".  What (in 50 words or less) is it that you want to resolve?  You have a busy brain, and your thesis loses impact when you go on tangents.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12 on: 07/05/2004 03:53:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length