The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Conjoined twins..  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Conjoined twins..
« on: 09/07/2007 18:32:08 »
Once.. I saw a very unfamiliar "conjoined" twin. No offence to any of them though..

They had one body.. And two heads. The two heads weren't stuck together, they were on the same neck though.

So.. Which one moves the body..?

Would it be.. The right head moves the right arm and leg.. And the left head moves the left arm and leg??

Or would one brain move the body.. And the other brain, was just purely disabled?
« Last Edit: 11/07/2007 10:27:04 by Seany »

Offline i am bored

• View Profile
Re: Conjoined twins..
« Reply #1 on: 09/07/2007 18:57:54 »
possibly it could be like the brain itself the head on the right moves the left and the head on the right controlls the left

another_someone

« Reply #2 on: 09/07/2007 20:37:13 »
Once.. I saw a very unfamiliar siamese twin. No offence to any of them though..

I think the politically correct term these days is 'conjoined twins'.

paul.fr

« Reply #3 on: 10/07/2007 07:24:37 »
Once.. I saw a very unfamiliar siamese twin. No offence to any of them though..

They had one body.. And two heads. The two heads weren't stuck together, they were on the same neck though.

So.. Which one moves the body..?

Would it be.. The right head moves the right arm and leg.. And the left head moves the left arm and leg??

Or would one brain move the body.. And the other brain, was just purely disabled?

unfamiliar! does that mean you are familiar with some siamese twins?

I think it depends on the individual twins, in some cases one of the twins is basically a parasite feeding off the other and contributes very little to the health and wellbeing of the other. (i could be wrong...again)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Conjoined twins..
« Reply #4 on: 11/07/2007 10:28:21 »
Well.. By familiar.. Well, you usually see on TV or the streets, twins where they are joined on their hips.. Or both heads are stuck together, with their brains stuck together aswell. But I never saw a twin with one body, and two heads coming from one neck..

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
Conjoined twins..
« Reply #5 on: 14/07/2007 23:45:10 »
I saw a film of these twins it was quite amazing when you consider that one twin controlled one side of the body and the other twin the other.  they seemed to be able to walk and play games in an almost normal fashion.   The characters of the twins were quite different from each other too.  It must be hell if they had an argument!

The Naked Scientists Forum

Conjoined twins..
« Reply #5 on: 14/07/2007 23:45:10 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums