The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Anne and Mary days/Mad river festival, Dancers, parade.., mountain pictures !  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
These are some pictures from an annual festival.. held here in Blue Lake every year! Thought you all might enjoy the pictures! The parade is really Lame.. not much for a float this year.. LOL The float was supposed to be a Pirate ship... The preschool made a better one out of cardboard! LOL.. But, they had the crowd roaring because the had a horn the sounded like it should be on board the Queen Mary! LOL  The dancers were cool I didn't get pictures of the band .. but the did some nice Irish tunes and dancing..It was very nice! Lots of food baseball sun/overcast but very warm..Booths with people selling their wears etc..  The Del Arte Dancers were fun!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/karenw44/riverandlocalareaAnneMarydayfest-9.jpg[/img]

« Last Edit: 16/07/2007 09:11:41 by Karen W. »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Nice pics. Looks like fun. However, this...

reminds me of a British politician called Tony Benn when he's been surprised from behind.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Hey Doc.. I don't know who he is!..Just what you said! The parade was about what you seen with the dancers and children with masks following them.. I tried to get shots of the kids, but had a big guy who kept pushing me back and standing in my way! I am not tall ! and he did not care! LOL.. Oh well!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Here are some more pictures of the Mad river.. It runs through blue Lake! It is nice! One shot if you look close are some fish swimming around. We have a fish hatchery 1 mile from this spot where I took the pictures.

Here look for the fish in this next one...

These are the fields, foothills and mountains that surround me every day! They are quite beautiful!

These last shots are up the road 15 minutes in Redwood Creek.. My Kids swimming hole.. their favorite hang out on the weekends!up in the hills a piece! its a very lovely little creek.. they have their cable and pully set up for swinging down.. into the water .. my daughter says its about 10 or 12 feet deep! just right for swimming!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I have some pics of maple creek somewhere!

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
Nice pic's!

The landscape actually doesn't look too disimilar to the Black Forest - quite heavily wooded with some nice bumpy bits!

The Mad river (is that really its name?!) look as though it can really go when in spate!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Yes, That is really it's name.. It has some very wide spots and actually is very pretty! During the winter she can be mean and treacherous.. but she is lovely and quite cold then... gentle and warm in the summer! Nice for swimming!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Hi Paul! LOL

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Yes, That is really it's name.. It has some very wide spots and actually is very pretty! During the winter she can be mean and treacherous.. but she is lovely and quite cold then... gentle and warm in the summer! Nice for swimming!

She sounds like a former girlfriend of mine.......

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
LOL She must have been a fire cracker! LOL! ..

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
LOL She must have been a fire cracker! LOL! ..
Don't stand too close when lit, you mean?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Yep! Sounds like she might spit and flicker a bit.. LOL

another_someone

Booths with people selling their wears etc..

Is this where people sold the shirts off their backs?  ;D

another_someone

Nice pic's!

The landscape actually doesn't look too disimilar to the Black Forest - quite heavily wooded with some nice bumpy bits!

It looks like it might be a bit dryer than the Black Forest - although I suppose it depends on how dry a summer one is having.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Nice pics of the landscape & creek

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Booths with people selling their wears etc..

Is this where people sold the shirts off their backs?  ;D

Yeah.. LOL Thats about the size of it George.. LOL Actually there were candle booths fabric booths, hand made clothing, woodworking booths, bowls etc.. wooden toys..umm, a cactus booth, Hats wraps etc.. Lots of different things..spa therapy etc.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Nice pic's!

It looks like it might be a bit dryer than the Black Forest - although I suppose it depends on how dry a summer one is having.

Blue lake gets pretty dry in the summer.. here and willow creek burning permits have to be suspended  due to fire hazards.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Nice pics of the landscape & creek

Thank you it is a pretty place to live and the views can be wonderful! Sorry bout the electric line.. I couldn't clime down the rock embankment so took them from the Mad river  bridge!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length