The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: After Death..  (Read 34007 times)

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« on: 29/07/2007 18:31:38 »
Do you come back as another person?

Does someone take your place as a new born?

Do we just lay in our caskets on our computers and talk? LoL.

I've wondered this for a long time. And since my sister went "Are those real live dead people" I just thought I'd ask it. LoL.

Thanks Sim!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
After Death..
« Reply #1 on: 29/07/2007 19:28:22 »
I personally do not believe in reincarnation cos then how does that explain where all the extra people come from ?.but..I just don;t believe in it anyway !

Simmy...all we can ever do is give you our personal opinions !...cos we just do not know......but there are peeps who claim that they do know what happens as a point of fact !!

Religious peeps have their points of view as do non religious peeps.....as do spiritual peeps as do ...well..all the others who believe what they choose to believe.

Maybe we all come back as cabbages !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
After Death..
« Reply #2 on: 29/07/2007 21:49:30 »
or Sheepies! LOL

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #3 on: 30/07/2007 03:01:25 »
So we might come back as not humans, but any other living thing? Can't be rocks and rain because that's always the same about. Sheepies..LoL

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
After Death..
« Reply #4 on: 30/07/2007 03:02:45 »
Are ewe convinced that we do indeed come back Ryan ?

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #5 on: 30/07/2007 03:08:04 »
IDK I'll have to die and find out, but when I come back (if i do) i won't remember anything. So. I don't know. LoL. There has to be some way to figure out. Even if it is not right in the future maybe..

another_someone

After Death..
« Reply #6 on: 30/07/2007 03:55:50 »
IDK I'll have to die and find out, but when I come back (if i do) i won't remember anything. So. I don't know. LoL. There has to be some way to figure out. Even if it is not right in the future maybe..

OK - so in what way would you think we might come back?

If we have lost our memory of our past selves, and we have lost the body of our past selves, then in what way are we the same as our past selves?  If we are not the same, then how can we be said to have come back?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
After Death..
« Reply #7 on: 30/07/2007 04:57:19 »
I don't believe in reincarnation but I have a friend who is a witch and she swears she's been reincarnated several times and is over 1,000 years old. 

another_someone

After Death..
« Reply #8 on: 30/07/2007 05:07:01 »
There is another problem with reincarnation - there are as many people alive today as were ever alive before, so they could not all have had several past lives, because there were not enough past human lives to go around (ofcourse, I suppose they may have been a dodo in a past life - there used to be far more of them than there are now, so maybe they could have made up some of the the shortfall in past lives).

This could lead to another moral dilemma - if we all have past lives, then we could only be born if someone else dies - so by preventing death, you also prevent birth, and by causing death, you also allow rebirth.  Ofcourse, this does beg the question as to whether the process is driven by death or driven by birth.  If it is driven by death, then you have to cause a death to allow a birth; but if it is driven by birth, then by causing conception to occur you are condemning someone else to death.
« Last Edit: 30/07/2007 05:10:44 by another_someone »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #9 on: 30/07/2007 15:45:21 »
That's what I'm trying to figure out Another_Someone. LoL.

Well I konw its just a movie, but the Final Destination Movies. That exactly what you just said. LoL.

another_someone

After Death..
« Reply #10 on: 30/07/2007 16:30:30 »

Well I konw its just a movie, but the Final Destination Movies. That exactly what you just said. LoL.

Looking at the synopsis of 'Final Destination' (I don't go to movies, so I have never seen it), it does not seem to refer to reincarnation, but only to the unavoidability of death.  On the contrary, there seems to be an alternative ending (one that was changed for the released film), where a birth is used to defer death - but my proposal was that birth should advance rather than defer death (otherwise there would not be enough previous deaths that would allow the new born to be reincarnated from an earlier life).

jolly

After Death..
« Reply #11 on: 30/07/2007 19:40:31 »

Ok well just as a `what if`, what if life from other planets comes here spiritually or life from other dimensions or universes and stuff like that not saying it does. but it does offer a `what if` explanation for why you could have more people here now than ever before.

Would that help you simulated? Just as a what if. but please remember `what ifs` can take you anywhere. I followed a what if once, ended up at a 7-11, so be careful!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #12 on: 30/07/2007 21:13:05 »

Looking at the synopsis of 'Final Destination' (I don't go to movies, so I have never seen it), it does not seem to refer to reincarnation, but only to the unavoidability of death.  On the contrary, there seems to be an alternative ending (one that was changed for the released film), where a birth is used to defer death - but my proposal was that birth should advance rather than defer death (otherwise there would not be enough previous deaths that would allow the new born to be reincarnated from an earlier life).

I saw that part of the movie they do stay alive, but what if you don't come from other humans. Just other Living Things?

another_someone

After Death..
« Reply #13 on: 30/07/2007 21:31:02 »
what if you don't come from other humans. Just other Living Things?

Which is why I was careful only to speak of birth and death, not necessarily of human birth and death.

But if we are reincarnated earth worms, or other living creatures, then what makes us human?  After all, if what we are is what we have inherited as our reincarnated being, and the body is no more than a superficial shell, then can we say there is any difference between an earth worm, rattle snake, or maybe even a dandelion (are we only talking about animals here, or do we include plants and bacteria amongst those things we can reincarnate from?)?

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #14 on: 30/07/2007 21:39:38 »
Yeah so what do you think happens? Since it looks like I'm out numbered. LoL. I'm sorry if you have said it and I missed it.

It just happens IDK how it just does. LoL, but I stink at Science anyways so HAHAHAH.

another_someone

After Death..
« Reply #15 on: 30/07/2007 22:19:20 »
Yeah so what do you think happens? Since it looks like I'm out numbered. LoL. I'm sorry if you have said it and I missed it.

It just happens IDK how it just does. LoL, but I stink at Science anyways so HAHAHAH.

You're a 13 y.o. Kid I think it is too soon to say you stink at science.  Science is a process of asking questions, and trying to find the answers in a dispassionate and rational way and I think you are as good at that as anybody.  Maybe you do not yet have an encyclopaedic knowledge of scientific facts, but science is as much about attitude as about facts.

As to what my own view on life, and reincarnation, is; to me, life is a process, and not something tangible that can be moved from one body to another.  Each of us is a separate and independent process (although interconnected in many ways), and when the process ceases to function, then it cannot simply be started up in a different body.

The only part of our life that lives beyond us is the impact we have on the society around us (i.e. we live in the people whose lives we have influenced, so as long as they live, so a part of us continues to live through the influence we have had on them).

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #16 on: 30/07/2007 22:23:13 »
oh I see and I see some more and more and more. LoL. Thanks another someone..

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
After Death..
« Reply #17 on: 03/08/2007 13:45:59 »
This question is stupidly simple,

We go to heaven.

Problem solved. Thank me later.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #18 on: 03/08/2007 17:31:39 »
Where is heaven at then Ben? LoL.

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
After Death..
« Reply #19 on: 04/08/2007 18:33:53 »
Dunno, i always like to think it's in another dimension, somewhere beyond our universe and understanding of how things should work.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #20 on: 04/08/2007 18:40:47 »
George have anything to say to Ben? LoL.

paul.fr

After Death..
« Reply #21 on: 11/08/2007 22:14:11 »
After Death..worm food.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #22 on: 12/08/2007 02:09:32 »
After Death..worm food.

Thanks..I wouldn't have ever guessed.LoL.

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
After Death..
« Reply #23 on: 12/08/2007 20:14:11 »
"Soylent Green"   [?]

;D

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
After Death..
« Reply #24 on: 13/08/2007 12:27:03 »
OK I'll have to go look that word up. Its funny though I can see that.

The Naked Scientists Forum

After Death..
« Reply #24 on: 13/08/2007 12:27:03 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums