The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Cucumber for your eyes.  (Read 5705 times)

paul.fr

Cucumber for your eyes.
« on: 11/08/2007 18:45:10 »
I see women putting cucumbers over their eyes, when they are "beautifying" themselves. But what benefit does this have?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Cucumber for your eyes.
« Reply #1 on: 12/08/2007 23:39:13 »
From whfoods.org:

The silica in cucumber is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bone. Cucumber juice is often recommended as a source of silica to improve the complexion and health of the skin, plus cucumber's high water content makes it naturally hydrating—a must for glowing skin. Cucumbers are also used topically for various types of skin problems, including swelling under the eyes and sunburn. Two compounds in cucumbers, ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns and dermatitis.

I've always used cucumbers when my eyes are puffy and it does soothe and reduce swelling.  They're also an ingredient in my daily cleanser.

You should give it a try Paul.

paul.fr

Cucumber for your eyes.
« Reply #2 on: 14/08/2007 16:26:44 »
You should give it a try Paul.

What are you trying to say, Carolyn?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Cucumber for your eyes.
« Reply #3 on: 14/08/2007 16:35:44 »
Erhm.....

What I'm saying Paul is you should try it so that you will CONTINUE to look youthful and handsome! ;D

The Naked Scientists Forum

Cucumber for your eyes.
« Reply #3 on: 14/08/2007 16:35:44 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums