The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: LETS SEE YOUR DESK/WORKSPACE !!!!!...Here's Mine !!  (Read 49359 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: LETS SEE YOUR DESK !!!!!...Here's Mine !!
« Reply #75 on: 01/10/2006 01:42:46 »
Where is your computer, is it a laptop!!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #76 on: 01/10/2006 03:25:18 »
Yes, it travels with me around the house, around the country, and out of the country...actually i have two of them..a dell and a toshiba..

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 01/10/2006 04:43:25 »
I would love to have a lap top computer be comfortable
 on the couch or where ever! Do the batteries get very
hot so you actually cannot use them on your lap! I have
 been thinking of buying one to take with me places and
it would be a good way to have a back up in case mine
goes down!

Karen
« Last Edit: 01/10/2006 04:50:14 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01/10/2006 04:46:32 »
that is why i have two...sure, hate that I don't have a pc anymore...sounds strange...but i could say one is down and travel lightly..hehe

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 01/10/2006 04:52:16 »
Yes I miss my computer when its down and alot of someone elses too!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 01/10/2006 05:30:21 »
awwww, i understand...it is hard to be without one...

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 01/10/2006 06:03:10 »
I would die of heart failure and a broken heart! Yikes I'm Pathetic computer freak. My heart is stuck in my computer!!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 01/10/2006 06:33:01 »
awwww, I am getting ready to go to bed...see you tomorrow hon

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 01/10/2006 06:49:48 »
Yes indeed! I am thinking of painting this room, but I want something alive and bright...Like chartrouse(spelling) My floor lamp is bright blue, Red, chartouse, Purple, and orange! Five globes on crazy arms.. I luve it!! What color wall... come on loretta help me pickI am not a neutral color person, I like vivid , bright, alive and Vibrant!! Should I pick a color from the shade or another equally wonderful color.. I want Fun with a capital "F"! Whatcha think?

Oh ok loretta sleep well!

Karen

Karen

Offline Gaia

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 01/10/2006 11:29:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Karen W.

I would love to have a lap top computer be comfortable
 on the couch or where ever! Do the batteries get very
hot so you actually cannot use them on your lap! I have
 been thinking of buying one to take with me places and
it would be a good way to have a back up in case mine
goes down!

Karen

No probs using it on your lap, it won't get hot and burn you  :)

Gaia  xxx

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 01/10/2006 13:33:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by Karen W.

Yes indeed! I am thinking of painting this room, but I want something alive and bright...Like chartrouse(spelling) My floor lamp is bright blue, Red, chartouse, Purple, and orange! Five globes on crazy arms.. I luve it!! What color wall... come on loretta help me pickI am not a neutral color person, I like vivid , bright, alive and Vibrant!! Should I pick a color from the shade or another equally wonderful color.. I want Fun with a capital "F"! Whatcha think?

Oh ok loretta sleep well!

Karen

Karen

Did not sleep well...I have patches under my eyes like a raccoon...I read so much I can't see so good...hehe  I think you should think of two things Karen concerning color here...

I need some answers first...what is your motiff...kind of 70s mod?  or is there any and you want the lamp to be your focal point?  I wish I had pics?  I go out to the sites and see first...You should see the designers and I go at it...they think my thoughts are wretched and I know theirs is!  Ewwww, I could tell you stories...I have to reshape, redesign, etc...ick...I make them pick up items too...they had TWO bookshelves in my office, uh, duh, I still want the copier in my office as I am about productivity...hehe  They clutter and I have to pull "stuff" off and space on the shelves..or whatever...I just found out they took my tapestry back from the fireplace and hung a mirror it was my bosses suggestion...I told my boss that went out in the 70's and it is suggested to have a pic...they brought a picture and put it in the oddest place...I have not said anything as it is pretty darn funny...it amuses me when i walk in the door(my boss suggest picture go there...)I will take a picture of it soon and show you...hilarious!  I have some pics maybe they turned out good and I will post them...

If you want to bring out the lamp, think of the location in your room...where is your biggest focal point, will your lamp fit in that area, if not...then paint the wall a yellow, bright and vivid like the colors of lamp, not the same of one of the colors unless you have much of that color in the room..I really need to see..aagghh!  LOL I can point out other things, but need to know your motiff, room, and many other variables...I need my graph to design where your furniture is and where it is needing to be placed to make it look right....sorry I am made up weird like that...from what I know at the moment...the lamp is not the main focal point of room...yellow is not a bad color..not pale and not gold hues...think sunshine!;)

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 01/10/2006 13:34:10 »
Oh crudola! I forgot an important factor...what color is your furniture?  Is it all the same color or what...get descriptive as that is the only visualization I can do from here...

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01/10/2006 17:45:01 »
The room is approximately 12x12, I am tearing out a closet as it was a bedroom at one point. So that should add three feet to the length! 12x15.. I have two of these lovely lams and want to purchase two comfotable chairs and ottomans .. I also am purchasing one of those wall fireplace for the end wall. the end of the room where the closet is is where I want my desk to reside about 7 ft long long! It will be on the right end of the room. the wall fireplace at opposite end of room. I have found a wood finish whimsical Twisted book shelf at peir one, its about 6 feet tall and about three ft wide! I have one small refriderator I keep cool drinks in I want under my desk! I am not sure yet about chairs.. I think I might go with small love seat insted of the chairs and ottomens.. I want it facing the fire..for reading a good book or listening to my music!Not much furniture really I was thinking a lamp on each side of the mantle, but am open to moving them more towrds the sofa ends.. have not found small table with storage for in front of the sofa, but I do have this old trunk my Great Great Grandfather built that I might just make a couple cushions for the top so it can double as an ottomen or a coffe table by removing cushion.I really don't want to loose it , I want it in its natural state...I have two very old larg console record player stero units one six ft long and one 4 ft. I am getting rid of the 4 ft one and am not sure about the other, but will move it out of here into another room.. Theres a start!!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 03/10/2006 06:09:08 »
The motiff sounds interesting.  Love seat sounds like it would be comfy and cozy in front of Fireplace.  Refrigerator under the desk?  hmmm, is it hidden?  Or would I see it? Lamps on the mantle?  What are you putting above the mantle?  Karen, I wish you were here, I found an interesting coffee table that was a clock face with glass over it, you pull it up and voila!  You have storage...but it was a whopping 800.00 too, but unique.Okay, the trunk your Great, Great, Grandfather built, could you put it up against a wall maybe under a window in that room, throw some greenery over it or plants...prefer greenery.  Or put it up against the wall and put some cushions up there...it would work like a daybed or double as extra seating too...I wish I could see your room...LOL  Yep, get rid of those units especially if you are not using them.  They would become an easy catch all.

Not sure if any of this helps, but just let me know as I am going on with my minds eye.

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03/10/2006 15:17:52 »
I have not picked a love sea or chairs yet! trunk can go by window...there is only one window, 3x5 or 4x5, iI haven't measured it!! big one.. draw up the room measurement 12x15. on the long wall in front of you at the lftend there is a door approx. 5 ft from corner on that wall.single door unit.Opposite wall close to you long wall is a big window, so you look from door across room to window>> thats about it, right now three feet of the room on the end of room by door are two closets which I am going to remove thr divider in and leave upper shelfs, I think...for storage, I would like to build a couple of doores to cover the openings above  and set my huge desk into> adding about three feet depth to room!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 03/10/2006 16:48:32 »
I have a table in one of my models that a community manager fought me over...when describing it with her...had a few accent walls....just a thought here too Karen, one wall sunshine yellow...(you could sing we all live in a yellow submarine and feel a bit 70ish too)I had 4 different accent colors and a chair in each of the colors around the table....with some interesting champagne flutes with the different colors as the centerpiece...looked like glass flowers...it was "groovy"

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 03/10/2006 17:24:51 »
Cool! Sounds nice, and I love the sunshine yellow Idea!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03/10/2006 17:34:45 »
It is bright and cheery...and colors do affect your mood darling

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 04/10/2006 09:46:50 »
Yes they do indeed!!

Karen

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
LETS SEE YOUR DESK !!!!!...Here's Mine !!
« Reply #94 on: 15/04/2007 12:49:17 »
Hehe, just couldn't help spotting this thread. Very interesting ;D

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 15/04/2007 14:49:30 »
Hehe, just couldn't help spotting this thread. Very interesting ;D

Ewe mean ewe actually have time to look around the site !!! ?.....hey...how about a piccy of your desk ...YAYYYYYYYYYY !!

We need a another piccy to break up all the  girly chit chat above !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 15/04/2007 19:29:11 »
Well I am insulted it was about redecorating the room for my desk area!! LOL...I'll Girlie chit chat..YOU...LOL

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 16/04/2007 01:31:12 »
Mm.. This desk.. ;D It's too messy because of all my revision files and things! :o

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 10/10/2007 21:36:09 »
Well I have put off and put off forever with these pictures and there is just no way for me to do any better. It is the way it is! LOL I am a unorganized gal! Who wants to be organized but just like my desk the way it is full of stuff! LOL
So My desk in all its glory! LOL! Right along with my collectable bottle of Elvis wine, All shook up! LOL

« Last Edit: 11/10/2007 10:02:43 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 11/10/2007 10:42:08 »
    Well My space is odd space starting with a wall we painted around a built in cabinet

which I removed.My monitor, my pink quartz which a co worker gave me to rub over my heart

to help heal it!

My Gourd pot laced with leather string I keep some hair clips in . Them my "FIRE AND ICE

STAR PAPER WEIGHT" Then "Popeye and Olive Oyle" both my hero's! LOL my meds at hand a

vase for flowers as I love fresh flowers! LOL leather box containing "index cards" with

ideas for questions for forum topics.. I haven't added to for awhile. LOL "oil candle" a

"box of matches" to light candles "cds speakers and tons of wires!" LOL "Barney Fife"

cleaning his gun signed and autographed..at the top right! LOL! I have David Letterman

signed and autographed here too somewhere! LOL in right corner is my Grandma and my

collectible "Elvis wine:" which will never be opened to breath the air as I have it for

me Elvis collection! LOL Just as I have a John Wayne collection also as I am a spagetti

western fan also! LOL!

BTW I am still collecting Marbles and may still be missing a few of my own.. So if you

see them kindly roll them back home! LOL Now,

moving down on right my "TV and cable box" my "old spectacles" which aid me in viewing

the forum late when my eyes can't focus!. "Foot creme, LOL! "Hand and elbow creme." A

"flower pot pen and paint brush and miscellaneous catch all holder!"My scanner" "My

monitor" and you can barely see my "pc and skype phone with my video cam." LOL!

under my vanity stool to elevate my legs from swelling, baby wipes to clean my keyboard

as I am a bad girl and eat at my computer sometimes. "Desk cleaning also. ! LOL" Large

leather basket houses 1 towel remotes for items and telephone user manuals which I need

if I ever decide to learn how to fully use my phones! LOL..Next orange box is stuffed

full of only medical bills which I remove pay and then insert in no 2 orange basket of

mail sweetness!

I have NO friends so receive no real mail only love letters from billing departments of

medical facilities! LOL, And boy do they love me!!!! LOL LOL!  *I feel special!*  LOL..

Well enough said to the right my bookcase who lives in another thread, it is the history

of my room and this forum and its members! LOL! I would say there are about 6 or 8 4 inch

volumes of posts whole threads that I love and miscellaneous Goodness and Love LOL!

Well in a nutshell my home, my space , my sanctuary, my sanity away from the rest of the

world! LOL!

Come on more pictures of your spaces!

« Last Edit: 11/10/2007 10:44:08 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #99 on: 11/10/2007 10:42:08 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length