The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: If you....had just one sexual partner...would you be STD free ?  (Read 12830 times)

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
had sex with only one person and that person you did have sex with only had sex with you would you be able to get STD's and other stuff like that, if they didn't get HIV or AIDS from their parents?
« Last Edit: 19/08/2007 22:47:48 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Like you said if they had not received HIV or other diseases that can be passed through delivery from the birth canal. Their are other ways for your partner to transfer disease.. like Hepititis.. or shared things like toothbrushes nail clippers etc. I have a aquaintance who has hep C and the list of things she cannot share with others is very ong as it can carry the problem to others that may use her things. She has to keep separate nail clippers fingernail files, she cannot have her nails done in a shop because she could spread it. if any of the tools become contaminated through a nick or cut etc.

Regardless as to weather you have ever had a partner you should be tested before you even consider sexual contact. Everyone should.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Thanks for the info Karen!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Your welcome!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Ryan,

First if all ..practice safe sex !...wear a seat belt and a condom !  ;)

Fact is.........if your hygiene is 'spot on' and the two people you mention have had sex with only each other then you're pretty sure you can be safe (relatively). ....of course sex can mean any number of different things.....doesn't necessarily mean intercourse !

One can pick up a nasty germ just from kissing an aunt (cold sore)....from touching dirty things and not washing properly....sneezing in your hand or coughing too if you have a cold....all you have to do is pay a visit to the loo having not washed your hand before hand and transmission can be possible !

Keep it clean....ya know what I mean ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Your so smooth! LOL! nice job!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
RYAN...I changed the title of your thread so that it's easier to identify what it's about.

Neil
xx

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile

Smooth...with a capital Smooo ?..(again)  ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile

Smooth...with a capital Smooo ?..(again)  ;D

Yes You are..With A capital SMOO for sure..

You also confused me I got lost for a couple minutes and couldn't find the thread! LOL!

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
had sex with only one person and that person you did have sex with only had sex with you would you be able to get STD's and other stuff like that, if they didn't get HIV or AIDS from their parents?
Yes ,STD'S are sexually transmitted but there are other  things like HIV ,HEPATITUS etc which can be caught in other ways such as the sharing needles ,blood transfusions ,even sitting on a toilet seat is enough for some infections.
« Last Edit: 19/08/2007 23:11:42 by ukmicky »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
If you....had just one sexual partner...would you be STD free ?
« Reply #10 on: 19/08/2007 23:27:04 »
Thanks Michael!

another_someone

« Reply #11 on: 20/08/2007 00:01:12 »
While sharing a toilet seat may allow infection, sharing a door handle is probably more likely to transmit infection (and ofcourse don't forget all those insects, etc., that will do the sharing for you).

Generally the more intimate the contact, and the longer the exposure, and any break in the skin, will all increase the likelihood of some infection or other.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: 20/08/2007 00:39:12 »
Thanks for the information guys and Karen. :P LoL!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20/08/2007 00:50:16 »
Your welcome Young man!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: 20/08/2007 00:56:35 »
I hope none of you think that a 13 year old like myself has had sex. I was just thinking about my future because I know I'd only have my wife and I'm sure she would only have me. I was just checking.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20/08/2007 01:20:33 »
It is a good idea to be prepared and excellent that you asked the question. It is a good question and many people would be surprised at how not only sex can transmit these diseases etc, saliva etc. I have had an infection in my heart and found that it could have been passed to me through saliva etc. bacteria that enters through the mouth can cause problems I had a heart murmur like you... I have far more wrong now, but Infection can get us when we are not careful clean or not practicing safe  sex or intimacy that may come with relationships.

I am glad you asked for your future as well as others who may read.. It is a great thread Ryan!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20/08/2007 01:26:37 »
I hope none of you think that a 13 year old like myself has had sex. I was just thinking about my future because I know I'd only have my wife and I'm sure she would only have me. I was just checking.

He's a good lad that young man !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20/08/2007 01:28:05 »
Indeedy Yes!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: 20/08/2007 01:28:35 »
So even making out you can an infection? Wow. Interesting stuff. I guess its good that I haven't even done that yet. LoL.

Yes I wanna be as informed as I can be. But at school they don't tell us that much. Just enough.

Leads me to another question! You never heard of teen pregneces in the olden days when they didn't teach you about sex. But now that they are telling us about it there are more and more teen pregnaces. Is it just a conicidence or are is teaching us teens about it a bad idea?

Thanks Neil!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20/08/2007 02:10:34 »
So even making out you can an infection? Wow. Interesting stuff. I guess its good that I haven't even done that yet. LoL.

Yes I wanna be as informed as I can be. But at school they don't tell us that much. Just enough.

Leads me to another question! You never heard of teen pregnancies in the olden days when they didn't teach you about sex. But now that they are telling us about it there are more and more teen pregnancies. Is it just a coincidence or are is teaching us teens about it a bad idea?

Thanks Neil!

I think there is a bigger awareness now, but don't be fooled there were lots of teen pregnancies well before my time even and back in my grandmas time too. it is age old problem... they just used to hush it up! Ship the girl away to a relative, hide her and make her give up the baby for adoption, sometimes parents would pretend the child was theirs and they would raise the baby! So many things hidden back then it was taboo etc.  Sad that is the way things were instead of  talking to the kids and educating the young they chose to forbid and all that...

I think there is a higher occurrence these days but personally I think it has nothing to do with education, but to do with peer pressure and in some cases drugs abuse of alcohol at very young ages and many other factors, kids have a lot more pressure on them in todays society. It is not easy growing up these days with lots of ills that happen in homes abuse etc.. there are tons of things which pressure children they are expected to be more grown up these days in order to prepare them for these problems in life .. they are in your face so to speak and learning to deal with them is not easy!
« Last Edit: 05/05/2011 08:44:17 by Karen W. »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: 20/08/2007 02:15:15 »
You all don't need to worry about it. If I ever did smoke, drink, have sex, other stuff that can mess you up at this age. I'm sure you guys would be the first to know because I would wanna find out what it can and will do it me.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20/08/2007 02:15:42 »
Kissing is nice but you still need to be careful perfectly normal when you really start dating..It is just important like Neil said be safe keep it clean!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20/08/2007 02:16:06 »
You all don't need to worry about it. If I ever did smoke, drink, have sex, other stuff that can mess you up at this age. I'm sure you guys would be the first to know because I would wanna find out what it can and will do it me.

Your a good kid Ryan!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20/08/2007 02:18:40 »

Leads me to another question! You never heard of teen pregneces in the olden days when they didn't teach you about sex. But now that they are telling us about it there are more and more teen pregnaces. Is it just a conicidence or are is teaching us teens about it a bad idea?

Thanks Neil!

Ryan, I'm glad you're thinking ahead and thinking about the repercussions of your future actions.  You're asking great questions and I hope you will continue to try and be informed.

When you say "the olden days", how far back are you talking?

Teen pregnancies happened back then too.  You didn't hear about it as much because it was "shameful" and therefore it was kept hidden.

I don't think teaching teens about sex is a bad idea at all.  Today, the consequences of sex are not only pregnancy, although that is a huge one!!!  I want my children to know the risks and to know how to protect themselves.  I don't think that the consequences of having sex should be a death sentence.  The only way to prevent this is to learn how to protect yourself AND your partner.

« Last Edit: 20/08/2007 02:20:25 by Carolyn »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: 20/08/2007 02:26:02 »
Alrighy!

I've heard that!

Teachers love me because I try, I listen I succeed. Parents love me. Other kids parents love me. I just try, get my stuff done don't complain, don't do much to attract attention to myself, but I get it even when I don't try because I'm such a good kid.

What just happened? Idk Oh well I lost part of I'll just type it again.

I will always want to know the consquences of my actions. And it is great to have a site like this (Science explains lots of stuff and the people that are here to explain it with Science and life. Its just great) to ask these kinds of questions.

So that's why you never heard of that kinds of stuff!

Thanks for all the information!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 20/08/2007 02:26:02 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums