The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: DCT-Deep Cryogenetically Treated Hi Fi Cables !..what are they all about ?  (Read 23487 times)

another_someone

Hey! I just saw the link for your speakers they are pretty streamlined for as much as they weigh. Their looks could be deceiving according to their weight!

If you want a good base sound, you need something heavy so the speakers vibrate the air rather than themselves.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
That actually makes sense although I would never have come to that conclusion on my own! Thanks George! My speakers as you can see from the pictures of my desk in chat, are very small the one black one is heavy the two smaller ones are not but for their size are. I would expect something lighter when I looked at them but not the case..

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
gawwwwd !!...I love bass !!!.....That's not the purist way ...but..I love to ' feel ' the music too.....however....there's hardly any colouration in the all important mid frequencies and the HF unit is top notch too...for MY ears !!
« Last Edit: 12/10/2007 03:51:13 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Yes I like to be able to feel the beat in the base.. Its nice!
« Last Edit: 12/10/2007 04:05:58 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
I also like this kind of bass..sea bass !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
It looks good.

another_someone

gawwwwd !!...I love bass !!!.....That's not the purist way ...but..I love to ' feel ' the music too.....however....there's hardly any colouration in the all important mid frequencies and the HF unit is top notch too...for MY ears !!

It depends for what - with organ music, the real feel of the organ needs that bass, but I don't go for heavy rock, so I have no needs for bass in that context.

That having been said, I do not spend the kind of money I once did on Hi-Fi (not that I was ever in Neil's league), and so don't have any sub-woofers at all - in fact most of my stuff now is very primitive - and I'm sure my neighbours appreciate my lack of bass sound.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums