General Science / Re: How to kill, both natural and medical, aerobic bacteria in the gut?« on: 01/06/2023 22:11:40 »
Quote from: Petrochemicals
those dainty little bottles from the supermarket that are the gut bacteria stuff.I think Petrochemicals was talking about non-prescription "live" mixtures of various "normal" gut microbes.
- I've seen them sold from refrigerators in chemist/pharmacy shops, with prices that seem proportional to the number of bacteria that they claim to contain...
- I've seen supermarkets selling a variety of yoghurts
- And then there are various fermented foods containing live bacteria, like non-sterilised cheeses, sauerkraut, kimchi, koji, kefir, etc
To keep these single-strain bacteria alive in your gut, you would need to keep feeding them a diet that they like.
- And plenty of roughage to give them a biological niche
- A healthy gut has a wide variety of microbes competing and complementing each other, and breaking down your food into molecules you can digest