This topic has been moved to New Theories.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Now the reason why we need to be concerned about how those in power deal with covid distribution is pointed out in this BBC report. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55795297
If we don't get those billions of doses out there then the unrestricted infections will lead to more, and maybe deadlier variants of covid. That affects all of us.
Why should rich countries delay getting these vaccines to the rest of the world?
Perhaps 10% of people with COVID infection get "Long COVID", a post-viral syndrome affecting many normal functions
- Many of the symptoms include loss of memory, fuzzy thinking, etc
- This may be an auto-immune problem, or maybe a disruption of the autonomic nervous system?
- Symptoms sometimes last for months - there are now cases that have persisted for a year
- A study suggests that only 40% recover after 3 months of intensive rehabilitation.
- This has resulted in loss of work in many cases.
- Many doctors see this as a psychosomatic problem.
Anecdotes that long-haul COVID symptoms that dissipated after COVID vaccination suggests that perhaps the immune system may be involved.
Listen (37 minutes); https://www.sciencefriday.com/segments/covid-long-haulers/