This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Hand Sanitizers work a little differently than most people think.Most of these sanitisers us alcohol as the germicide.
Hand Sanitizers kill 99.9% of the bacteria on your hands. The remaining 0.1% are the strongest, most developed bacteria. So, basically you're left with the strongest (worst) possable bacteria on your hands. These few strong bacteria that survive the hand sanitizer multiply until your hands are once again, covered in bacteria, except this bacteria cannot be destroyed by the current hand sanitizer. So, the hand sanitizer developers have to go and create a stronger hand sanitizer...and a stronger one....and a stronger one...etc.
Thus, hand sanitizers (in the long term) make the bacteria situation worse.
As it happens, I'm rather partial to a drink or two on a Friday night. One aspect of this is that I have a rather higher alcohol tolerance than many (I don't know if that's cause or effect- it doesn't matter much here).
So, if the aliens land and pour the equivalent of half a bottle of whisk(e)y down everyone's neck, many people die but I survive.
The question is does this mean that I am in any meaningful sense the "worst possible", or just lucky?
Actually, what it probably means is that because of the damage done acquiring that tolerance or the effort I have to waste maintaining an oversized liver, I'm one of the weaker ones.
Since the body doesn't use alcohol to kill bugs those bugs that are resistant to alcohol have no advantage when it comes to a battle with the body's immune system.
Keep using the hand wash gel.