0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
There are a subset of people lately going to the news and claiming to have Aquagenic Urticaria and that they are literally allergic to the H2O molecule and go into anaphylactic shock if they drink water, but always say they can drink milk or Diet Cola (which is 99% water).Like a sip of water sends them into anaphylaxis but they're ok swallowing mouthfuls of saliva (99.5% water) all day?Saliva, for instance is 99.5% water. So how come their throats aren't constantly swollen up and blistered considering saliva is likely more pure water than tap water or seawater is? H2O is H2O regardless of if it comes from outside or inside the body. The chemical formula does not change.One of the most prominent cases is that of Heidi S. Falconer. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/JUST+ONE+CUP+OF+WATER+COULD+KILL+LITTLE+HEIDI%3B+Girl%27s+deadly+allergy...-a061152595Here it mentions a mouthful of water sent her into shock and she needed adrenaline, but if a mouthful of H2O is all it takes to kill her nearly instantly why isn't she constantly in anaphylaxis from her own saliva? I just don't get it. Am I being conned?