DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 9)

• 2104 Replies

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: 14/01/2008 17:25:59 »
Good Morning everyone, hope everyone is well.

Good afternoon

Hi How is your head?

It still hurts, but it's better than yesterday.
Carolyn

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 14/01/2008 17:49:24 »
Good to hear.
Nothing is absolute. It takes a thousand people to make a stereotype, only one to grind it into the dust.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: 14/01/2008 17:56:28 »
Good Morning everyone, hope everyone is well.

Good afternoon

Hi How is your head?

It still hurts, but it's better than yesterday.
I am also glad its better!..I hope today goes well!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline i am bored

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 15/01/2008 03:18:57 »
yay my sword came in!!!!!!!!
if the pen is mightier than the sword then imagine how powerfull the printer is

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 15/01/2008 03:20:49 »
Is that your Christmas present?

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 15/01/2008 03:52:11 »
Is that your Christmas present?

It was one of them.  It was supposed to be in BEFORE Christmas, but I guess better late than never.
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 15/01/2008 05:09:51 »
That goes for here too! Especially if I make them.. those always take longer, so no excuses for me, I just started too late! LOL

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 15/01/2008 05:14:26 »
I started too late too, but at least we did it.
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 15/01/2008 05:36:09 »
I started early but got way laid on the the ones I was working on!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 15/01/2008 17:26:36 »
yay my sword came in!!!!!!!!
What sword?
Nothing is absolute. It takes a thousand people to make a stereotype, only one to grind it into the dust.

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 15/01/2008 17:56:14 »
     One day later, Ben was back in the command room. He hardly listened to the briefing. To Ben, it was a wonder they found a way to even get to the facility undetected. Apparently, they captured one of the tunnelers from the rebels.
     "The facility is heavily guarded, so don't waste time. Expect machine guns, tanks, trip wires, the works. Just get in, get the files, and get out. It should be regular routine. Any questions?" Is there ever? Ben thought. "Good. Report to the hanger, good luck."
     They had to move through the the med bay to get the hanger, but Ben couldn't see Rob among them. He wouldn't have been able to say anything anyway. They reached the hanger and moved into the crammed elevator. When the doors opened, Ben saw Rob and Sarge putting on their gear. Rob waved to Ben.
     "Rob? I thought you were in the med-bay." Ben asked.
     "Got out early, apparently just in time for a particulairly exciting mission." Rob said winking. Ben laughed.
     "What a happy reunion. Get in the transport, Private." The Sarge barked. Ben didn't mind, he expected that of Sarge now.
     It took hours, maybe even half a day, but the transport steady drilling finally stopped. It surfaced and the squad climbed out. They moved stealthily through the dark to the facility. Ben zoomed in on the perimeter. Everything appeared normal. But not so normal...something was wrong.
     "Um, didn't the Commander say it was heavily guarded?" Ben queried.
     "Yeah, so?" The Sarge said. But he silenced as he realized what Ben was getting at. There were no guards at the perimeter. Ben's side cam read a small movement, and Ben spun around and aimed his rifle. Nothing, just snow and ice.
     "I've got a really bad feeling about this." Rob said nervously.
     "We don't leave until we get the files." The Commander said, but even some uncertainty crept into his voice. That, Ben did not appreciate. They extra cautiously moved toward the perimeter. Ben and Rob gasped when they got close enough. On the night cam they used to try and sight the guards they missed noticing the human blood splattered everywhere. On the walls, in the snow. Everywhere.
     "No one's here, let's come back and steal the plans from under their noses later." Jack said anxiously.
     "We get the files, and we can leave." The Commander repeated. Jack grumbled. The first building they came to had two mutilated bodies in it, completely unrecognizable, but no computers. It did nothing to sooth the eerieness and uncertainty that effected the whole squad except the Sarge and Commander. They searched every building. The barracks were the worst, they didn't even have any thing left in them. The base was deserted except for the howling wind. Ben prayed for the rebels to attack. Finally, after an eternity, they reached a room with a computer. Sarge typed in some quick commands, and an announcement came up.
     My brothers and sisters, the time to rejoice has abruptly and totally halted. The reason for this is gruesome in detail. A few hours ago, we lost contact with our mining expedition. We expect Imperial pig interference. We have sent a large patrol to investigate. Rest assured brothers and sisters, soon we will have vengence.
     "There's rebels coming this way? Well, that settles it, time to go." Jack said, and headed for the door. The Sarge typed in more commands into the computer. "What are you doing? Let's go!" Jack said, and walked outside the door.
     "Jack! Get back here! The enemy's out there!" The Commander yelled, the Sarge finished typing. A voice came over the comm array.
     "Brothers and sisters of the the mining facility, do you read? This is the convoy we are under attack! But...but there not Imperials! There some kind of--" Screams and primal growls dominated the background.
     "We, we gotta leave. Right now." Ben yelled, panic in his voice.
     "Jack! Get back in here!" The Commander yelled. He turned back to Sarge. "Time to leave." The Sarge nodded and got up from the computer.
     "Jack!" The Commander yelled again. Still no answer.
     A primal growl ripped through the silence.
     So did Jack's scream.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1911 on: 15/01/2008 21:35:52 »
Hope your last 2 days of this week has been great! I ain't going to post much in the just chat section during the week. SO have a good one!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 15/01/2008 22:11:04 »
Bye!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 15/01/2008 22:13:03 »
     One day later, Ben was back in the command room. He hardly listened to the briefing. To Ben, it was a wonder they found a way to even get to the facility undetected. Apparently, they captured one of the tunnelers from the rebels.
     "The facility is heavily guarded, so don't waste time. Expect machine guns, tanks, trip wires, the works. Just get in, get the files, and get out. It should be regular routine. Any questions?" Is there ever? Ben thought. "Good. Report to the hanger, good luck."
     They had to move through the the med bay to get the hanger, but Ben couldn't see Rob among them. He wouldn't have been able to say anything anyway. They reached the hanger and moved into the crammed elevator. When the doors opened, Ben saw Rob and Sarge putting on their gear. Rob waved to Ben.
     "Rob? I thought you were in the med-bay." Ben asked.
     "Got out early, apparently just in time for a particulairly exciting mission." Rob said winking. Ben laughed.
     "What a happy reunion. Get in the transport, Private." The Sarge barked. Ben didn't mind, he expected that of Sarge now.
     It took hours, maybe even half a day, but the transport steady drilling finally stopped. It surfaced and the squad climbed out. They moved stealthily through the dark to the facility. Ben zoomed in on the perimeter. Everything appeared normal. But not so normal...something was wrong.
     "Um, didn't the Commander say it was heavily guarded?" Ben queried.
     "Yeah, so?" The Sarge said. But he silenced as he realized what Ben was getting at. There were no guards at the perimeter. Ben's side cam read a small movement, and Ben spun around and aimed his rifle. Nothing, just snow and ice.
     "I've got a really bad feeling about this." Rob said nervously.
     "We don't leave until we get the files." The Commander said, but even some uncertainty crept into his voice. That, Ben did not appreciate. They extra cautiously moved toward the perimeter. Ben and Rob gasped when they got close enough. On the night cam they used to try and sight the guards they missed noticing the human blood splattered everywhere. On the walls, in the snow. Everywhere.
     "No one's here, let's come back and steal the plans from under their noses later." Jack said anxiously.
     "We get the files, and we can leave." The Commander repeated. Jack grumbled. The first building they came to had two mutilated bodies in it, completely unrecognizable, but no computers. It did nothing to sooth the eerieness and uncertainty that effected the whole squad except the Sarge and Commander. They searched every building. The barracks were the worst, they didn't even have any thing left in them. The base was deserted except for the howling wind. Ben prayed for the rebels to attack. Finally, after an eternity, they reached a room with a computer. Sarge typed in some quick commands, and an announcement came up.
     My brothers and sisters, the time to rejoice has abruptly and totally halted. The reason for this is gruesome in detail. A few hours ago, we lost contact with our mining expedition. We expect Imperial pig interference. We have sent a large patrol to investigate. Rest assured brothers and sisters, soon we will have vengence.
     "There's rebels coming this way? Well, that settles it, time to go." Jack said, and headed for the door. The Sarge typed in more commands into the computer. "What are you doing? Let's go!" Jack said, and walked outside the door.
     "Jack! Get back here! The enemy's out there!" The Commander yelled, the Sarge finished typing. A voice came over the comm array.
     "Brothers and sisters of the the mining facility, do you read? This is the convoy we are under attack! But...but there not Imperials! There some kind of--" Screams and primal growls dominated the background.
     "We, we gotta leave. Right now." Ben yelled, panic in his voice.
     "Jack! Get back in here!" The Commander yelled. He turned back to Sarge. "Time to leave." The Sarge nodded and got up from the computer.
     "Jack!" The Commander yelled again. Still no answer.
     A primal growl ripped through the silence.
     So did Jack's scream.

Oh dear you've left us hanging you naughty boy! LOL Very good, I am in suspense!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 16/01/2008 05:28:08 »
 Goodnight!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 16/01/2008 05:29:33 »
Goodnight.  Hope you get some sleep.
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 16/01/2008 07:12:57 »
i am back no luck!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 16/01/2008 15:41:36 »
Well hellooooooooooooooooooooooo! Morning/afternoon all!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 16/01/2008 17:20:23 »
Sup.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 16/01/2008 17:23:24 »
Hey... How are you? Not Much here! It has been very quiet!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 16/01/2008 17:27:20 »
I'm good. Hungry but good.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 16/01/2008 17:30:36 »
Me too. I would have liked to be sitting on a nice body of water watching the sun come a couple hours ago, eating breakfast outside in a bit warmer weather... LOL Its freezing.. But the sun has come out and there is some blue sky despite the cold! LOL I need to get some bananas I ran out!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 16/01/2008 17:37:58 »
I need...
anything edible.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 16/01/2008 17:38:41 »
Yep That sounds good!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1924 on: 17/01/2008 00:19:07 »
And yayayayayay lol..i got my all a's and b's now. so i'm alond on during the week and I will be getting my card for my cellphone on monday!!

Yeah my finger feels weird. lol. The guitar strings tore them up and now there's a soft indent spot on them with hard around. Oh well. Its ony been 5 days, but ugh I miss her.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: 17/01/2008 04:21:54 »
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY on those grades and OUCH on those fingers,but that callouse your building will help them! Did you get new strings or just playing a lot!

Congrats on the new card for your phone!

I know you miss her! Sorry.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 17/01/2008 04:47:02 »
Well Am I pooped and dead  on my feet! OH my GaWWWWWWWD....We stood in a line about a mile long and we stood for hours before he was supposed to come with a mile worth of line in front of us and at least that much behind us to the end of the part behind us. They really needed to use their heads! There were thousands of peoples and only 400 seats!!!! There were way bigger buildings with huge seating capacity.. in Eureka, but we wait to see President Clinton in a small art exhibit room we use at the fairgrounds!I waited on my feet for hours.. Got sick several times and after hours standing could barely move to get back to the car.. My back was having muscle spasms as well as the muscles that wrap around your rib cage my toes and feet had Charlie horses and my shoulder and legs... It was horrid! I got some silly pictures of zip! A secret serviceman and the sign as well as a few in the crowd.. Never made it into the building their were about a thousand or so who did not make it inside. It was disappointing to say the least! But he did mention all us goof balls out there listening to him from the speakers outside the room.... It was exciting and It was wonderful to be out with people but I was not up for it and we had to go to the car before he finished and listen from the car as I had to lay down after dark.. I am afraid I will be absent a bit off and on.. I am pooped.
Will post pictures in a few moments! LOL!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 17/01/2008 04:49:45 »
Sorry you had such a rough time!  You would think they would've arranged for this to be at a bigger place to accomodate everyone.
Carolyn

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 17/01/2008 04:51:45 »
I have a horrible cold, my back is out and I'm miserable.  PLUS, I have a fever of 103.

My throat is sort of burning and I feel these little tiny bumps on the roof of my mouth.
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 17/01/2008 05:17:32 »
OOOOH that sounds nasty.. You have caught something! You sound like you have  The measels.. watch for a sunburn like rash on your torso area..and back. Cold symptoms are normal as is a fever of about 103.. My kids got little red bumpy rash in their mouth also! Hope you feel better!  All their funny red spots seemed to join together into one big red body!

Yeah they could have done a better job!
« Last Edit: 17/01/2008 10:05:49 by Karen W. »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: 17/01/2008 05:29:40 »
OOOOH that sounds nasty.. You have caught something! You sound like you have  The measels.. watch for a sunburn like rash on your torso area.. Cold symptoms are normal as is a fever of about 103.. My kids got little red bumpy rash in their mouth also! Hope you feel better!

Yeah they could have done a better job!

Measles?  YIKES!!!  Gosh, I hope not.  Can you get the measles twice?
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 17/01/2008 10:08:58 »
 These days They say the shot does not last as it was thought to in days gone by when we were immunized. I was good showing immunity from my original vaccine until, My youngest was born  in 1988 then suddenly my blood test came back that I had no antibodies toward it as I had before, from my shot! They made me get a new shot.

Actually I don't know if once you get it, (The actual measles) can you get it again..Maybe, I just know that a one time shot as infants was not enough for those of us who were given vaccines in the sixties!

Both my Husband and all my kids were immunized, but Still John and Dad and Sarah came down with them at the same time!! LOL!

« Last Edit: 17/01/2008 10:14:51 by Karen W. »

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 17/01/2008 13:59:29 »
Well Am I pooped and dead  on my feet! OH my GaWWWWWWWD....We stood in a line about a mile long and we stood for hours before he was supposed to come with a mile worth of line in front of us and at least that much behind us to the end of the part behind us. They really needed to use their heads! There were thousands of peoples and only 400 seats!!!! There were way bigger buildings with huge seating capacity.. in Eureka, but we wait to see President Clinton in a small art exhibit room we use at the fairgrounds!I waited on my feet for hours.. Got sick several times and after hours standing could barely move to get back to the car.. My back was having muscle spasms as well as the muscles that wrap around your rib cage my toes and feet had Charlie horses and my shoulder and legs... It was horrid! I got some silly pictures of zip! A secret serviceman and the sign as well as a few in the crowd.. Never made it into the building their were about a thousand or so who did not make it inside. It was disappointing to say the least! But he did mention all us goof balls out there listening to him from the speakers outside the room.... It was exciting and It was wonderful to be out with people but I was not up for it and we had to go to the car before he finished and listen from the car as I had to lay down after dark.. I am afraid I will be absent a bit off and on.. I am pooped.
Will post pictures in a few moments! LOL!
Oy, what were the dunder heads thinking?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 17/01/2008 18:37:05 »
You tell me!! LOL... I honestly think that they had no idea that many people would turn out to see one of our presidents!

They thought we will have it open to the democrats and not many will show.. There were thousands of people and they were not just democrats.. There were tons of people that would not vote for Bills wife, but to see the president or ex from the Country, everyone turned out! It was amazing. I also heard very nice comments from both sides from thew majority of the people. Their were those who voiced their opinions in a negative way, but still very calmly. People started lining up before 11:00 AM. They stood as I did and sat for hours and hors. He was scheduled to speak at 6:00 Am but he did not even arrive until around that time! He spoke about an hour or so Then was supposed to take a few questions etc. I did not make it that long.. and am having repercussions today already! BUT...... I am still Very Glad I went and that I could hear him speak even though I could not see him!

I really think they thought, no one would turn out!
« Last Edit: 17/01/2008 21:41:46 by Karen W. »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1934 on: 17/01/2008 21:28:05 »
Hello

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 17/01/2008 21:31:26 »
Hello Ryan!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: 17/01/2008 21:33:08 »
Sorry it took me so long.. I was getting dressed! LOL..It is 2:59 in the afternoon, but my energy was gone.. All fixed now!
« Last Edit: 17/01/2008 21:41:21 by Karen W. »

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1937 on: 17/01/2008 21:35:25 »
Yeah i'm running on empty..runnning low..running on fumes..

i thnk that's how the song goes..describes me riht now

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 17/01/2008 21:40:49 »
Pretty bushed eh? I hope you take some time to rest!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 17/01/2008 21:42:56 »
That is how the song goes... ..Gosh Ryan Thats an old song!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1940 on: 17/01/2008 22:25:05 »
Yeah well I love it.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: 18/01/2008 00:06:05 »
Thats alright! Its a nice old song! I did not mean anything bad by it! I liked it too. You just amaze me that you like so much of the music I grew up with and you are way younger then me and my own kids! I think it is cool, I loved our music! LOL!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1942 on: 18/01/2008 00:40:41 »
yeah this new stuff called "music" is just about useless

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 18/01/2008 00:42:40 »
LOL.. A lot of it is, but there is some real nice stuff too!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1944 on: 18/01/2008 00:51:14 »
Yeah

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 18/01/2008 00:55:45 »
How did your day go?

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1946 on: 18/01/2008 00:56:24 »
Idk.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 18/01/2008 00:58:33 »
Oh.. sorry you don't know!
I want to here some good music and dance.. LOL.. I was dreaming about dancing earlier.. LOL.. It has been a long time since I have danced.. LOL.. Lordy I am getting old... LOL!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1948 on: 18/01/2008 00:59:54 »
I see

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 18/01/2008 01:05:11 »
I can see your bored Ryan..  Go find something productive to do.... *smiles*